JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

RemoteMaster/RMIR v2.00-preview5 is now available
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
gfb107
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 10:06 pm    Post subject: RemoteMaster/RMIR v2.00-preview5 is now available Reply with quote

I've built RemoteMaster/RMIR v2.00-preview5

If you don't know what RMIR is, see this thread.

Changes since v1.99b (the last official release)

• Fix very minor issue with Fav/Scan, an overlooked difference between Macros and Fav/Scan. (Graham)
  • Split off a new class, MacroDefinitionBox, from MacroDialog to allow its re-use with Timed Macros. (Graham)
  • Restore double-click to edit table cells (Greg)
  • Typing when not in edit mode will start edit mode and replace cell contents (Greg)
  • Create new interface, ButtonEnabler, and use it to improve logical separation between MacroDefinitionBox and MacroDialog. (Graham)
  • Fix Setup.vbs for Windows users who don't run as Admin, Updated Readme.html (Greg)
  • Implement Timed Macros (Graham)
  • Implement File/New (Graham)
  • Implement File/Open of Sling Learned Signal XML files (Greg)
  • Add toolbar button to open RDF for viewing or live editing (Graham)
  • Fix Fujitsu protocol (Greg)
  • Append " (untested)" to notes for Sling Learned Signals when appropriate (Greg)
  • RMIR: allow multicell selection in most tables, and Copy item in popup menu to copy to the clipboard (Greg)
  • Add display of Signature, Processor, Interface and Extender Version to Raw Data tab (Graham)
  • Implement the ExtenderVersionAddr and RDFVersionAddr parameters of the RDF [General] section (Graham).
  • Change the toolbar icon for File/Open (Graham).
  • Added Bound Key to Learned Signal edit dialog, and enabled OK/Cancel button (Greg)
  • Removed New button and context menu item from Learned Signal tab (Greg)
  • Fixed Clone button and content menu item on Learned Signal tab (Greg)
  • Enable column reordering in most tables (Greg)
  • Always open RMIR, launch RM as separate window when opening RMDU files (Greg)
  • Add edit context menu to protocol parameters (Greg)
  • Add edit context menu to General Notes on General tab (Greg)
  • Remember the folder in which files are opened regardless of type (Greg)
  • Add an "All supported files" type to the file open dialog, and use it as the default (Greg)
  • Add transient, user controlled ignore field to learned signal decodes (Greg)
  • Implement Setup Code Validation (Graham)
  • Resolve an issue with Device Upgrade Editor that caused, among other things, the OK and Cancel buttons to have the same effect (Graham)
  • Implement Code Selector (Graham)
  • Create user-friendly interface for Pause Special Protocol, implementing the PauseParams entry in RDF [General] section (Graham)
  • Commented out the entry in protocols.ini for "Panasonic Combo (flawed)", as it contains no code entries (Graham)
  • Corrected a bug present since v1.99preview3, an oversight caused by the introduction of Device Button Notes that caused Save As, when following a download, to give empty .rmir file (Graham)
  • Disable Save action after a download (Graham)
  • Allow execution to continue when base address in .ir file and RDF differ, as the .ir file is probably a raw download (Graham)
  • Add display of protocol ID, variant and name to Devices tab (Graham)
  • Add link to Wiki in About > Help (Greg)
  • Load IR file: maintain correct notes when invalid, empty device upgrade discarded (Greg)
  • Launch RM directly from RM shortcut (Run Setup.vbs to create/update the shortcuts)
  • Add .rmdu as well as .rmir files to RMIR's recent file list
  • Improve identification of raw protocols by checking variance of OEM and Parm device parameters from default values (Graham)
  • Changes since v2.00-preview4

• Correct bug in reading of device upgrade button maps which caused spurious buttons to be treated as mapped (Graham)
    • Correct bug that would cause error with pids > $01FF (Graham)
    • When changing device button assignment from a device upgrade with key moves, ask if user wants to retain the key moves (Graham)
    • Show key moves of device upgrades on key move tab, as grayed out and not editable (Graham)
    • Added facility to import and edit protocols from ProtocolBuilder (Graham)
    • Tentative fix for Setup.vbs on 64-bit Windows 7 (Greg)
    • Disable context menu items for device upgrade keymoves shown on the keymove panel (Greg)

RemoteMaster.v2.00-preview5.zip - (~2.0MB) Multi-platform Java program, works on Windows, Linux, Mac, etc..

Links:
The RemoteMaster project home page, now accepting donations.
RemoteMaster.v2.00-preview4
Change Log (also included in the downloadable files)
Readme.html (also included in the downloadable files)
Tutorial (also included in the downloadable files)
The RemoteMaster Wiki
The #1 Code Search FAQ and it's answer (PLEASE READ FIRST)

Last edited by gfb107 on Sun Sep 12, 2010 12:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Capn Trips
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 6:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Although I have not previously done this test, so I cannot say whether these are new or old problems, there are a few display issues with RMIR vs. what is actually present in IR.

My old HT setup on an 8910 with extender is here.

Problem 1: The IR file (in IR) shows 6 bytes of Keymove/Macro space and 0 bytes of upgrade space available; while RMIR shows 12 and 3 respectively. I believe this is due to item 3 below;

Problem 2: The Keymoves associated with CBL/1172 are displayed in the KeyMoves tab and are editable (vice grayed out). I noticed this in the previous version of RMIR as well, so for some reason RMIR is not associating them with the CBL/1172 Device upgrade. Perhaps it's related to this being a Device Combiner upgrade?

Problem 3: Probably causing the Keymove memory miscalculation, the TV/1256 device upgrade when opened from RMIR's Device Tab, and viewed on the Output Tab shows only ONE keymove (Discrete Off on Phantom 2) , while in IR it shows 2 keymoves on the TV Device (OffTimer/Sleep on Sleep). Why does IR think this is a Keymove and RM believe it's included in the Device Upgrade?

Remotes: OFA XSight Touch, AR XSight Touch
TVs: LG 65" Smart LED TV; Samsung QN850BF Series - 8K UHD Neo QLED LCD TV
RCVR: Onkyo TX-SR875; Integra DTR 40.3
DVD/VCR: Pioneer DV-400VK (multi-region DVD), Sony BDP-S350 (Blu-ray), Toshiba HD-A3 (HD-DVD), Panasonic AG-W1 (Multi-system VCR);
Laserdisc: Pioneer CLD-D704.
Amazon Firestick
tape deck: Pioneer CT 1380WR (double cassette deck)
(But I still have to get up for my beer)
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 7:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Capn Trips wrote:

Problem 2: The Keymoves associated with CBL/1172 are displayed in the KeyMoves tab and are editable (vice grayed out). I noticed this in the previous version of RMIR as well, so for some reason RMIR is not associating them with the CBL/1172 Device upgrade. Perhaps it's related to this being a Device Combiner upgrade?

CBL/1172 is also a built in device. So RMIR decided where to include them, and in my opinion included them in the correct spot.

Tip: When creating an upgrade, always include ALL functions from the oem remote, even if you never plan on assigning them to a button. Complete function lists makes an upgrade more helpful to others.
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Problem
When a device contains keymoves and is imported, or functions are moved to buttons that require keymoves, no keymoves are generated. This was working in Preview 4 but broken in Preview 5.
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=8925

Feature Idea1
I'd really like to have a visual clue as to whether the Device/Type is the native device type for that button. This would be really helpful to me, the advanced user, not sure how helpful this would be to the target newbie.

Feature Idea2
Keymoves, on the keymove sheet, if you are setting up a keymove on a device that's an upgrade, I'd really like to be able to pick from a function download. This would be helpful when using helper upgrades, and when creating some sorts of punch through.

Question?
What situations would the CLONE function on the Device upgrade and Protocol Upgrade be used for?

Fixed:
Device Tables are now working the way I expect.

Tip: When creating an upgrade, always include ALL functions from the oem remote, even if you never plan on assigning them to a button. Complete function lists makes an upgrade more helpful to others.
Capn Trips
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vickyg2003 wrote:
Capn Trips wrote:

CBL/1172 is also a built in device. So RMIR decided where to include them, and in my opinion included them in the correct spot.
Well, not really, since the Keymoves are SUPPOSED to use the Device Upgrade, and are NOT associated with any built-in setup code. If RMIR chose to do this, RMIR is wrong.

(I understand that your personal preference (as is mine) is to have ALL Keymoves visible and editable in the Keymoves tab, but that is not the behavior currently designed in, and we can't fix or modify something until it works in accordance with the current intended design, right?)

Although this opens up a workaround (a tedious one at that) in which if one wants to have direct access to one's Keymoves on the Keymoves tab, apparently all one has to do is create all Device upgrades using a known built-in Setup Code. Twisted Evil

DVD/VCR: Pioneer DV-400VK (multi-region DVD), Sony BDP-S350 (Blu-ray), Toshiba HD-A3 (HD-DVD), Panasonic AG-W1 (Multi-system VCR);
Amazon Firestick
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Capn Trips wrote:
I understand that your personal preference (as is mine) is to have ALL Keymoves visible and editable in the Keymoves tab, but that is not the behavior currently designed in, and we can't fix or modify something until it works in accordance with the current intended design, right?
All keymove edits are working for me in preview 5 (via Right click menu only). I realize this was just an oversight, but I hope it stays this way (thanks, Graham). If not, at least give us direct access to the upgrade (via R-click or a new button, like "Edit Device").
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Capn Trips wrote:
vickyg2003 wrote:
Capn Trips wrote:

Well, not really, since the Keymoves are SUPPOSED to use the Device Upgrade, and are NOT associated with any built-in setup code. If RMIR chose to do this, RMIR is wrong.

(I understand that your personal preference (as is mine) is to have ALL Keymoves visible and editable in the Keymoves tab, but that is not the behavior currently designed in, and we can't fix or modify something until it works in accordance with the current intended design, right?)

Although this opens up a workaround (a tedious one at that) in which if one wants to have direct access to one's Keymoves on the Keymoves tab, apparently all one has to do is create all Device upgrades using a known built-in Setup Code. Twisted Evil

*sigh*

Well without looking at the technical details of the keymoves in question, RMIR might be right or it might be wrong.

If CBL/1172 is assigned to a device mode, and the keymove is on that device mode, AND the keymove is not on a button that was available in the map it should have been included in the upgrade.

And then you get the question, did the user INTENTIONALLY set up a keymove on a code that was available in the device upgrade or is it an artifact from changing the device type. Considering that you are the king of multiplexing, I would think that you might have intentionally done this to get punch through.

Its confusing as can be.

The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

General tab:
The data in the General Notes box defaults to being scrolled all the way to the bottom. I think it would be better if it were to start at the top as that will save the user from having to scroll up to read the notes from the beginning.

Memory Usage:
The memory usage bars at the bottom have blue text on a blue background, so it's really hard to read what they say.

Any tab with columns:
Would it be possible to have the column widths default to the size of the data and/or column heading? Similar to what happens in Excel when you highlight all of the columns and then double-click on the cell divider.

Looking at the FromRob.IR file that is distributed with IR.exe...

When I look at the device upgrades, I see several that claim to use Manual Settings, whereas in fact they use protocols that are defined in protocols.ini. The CBL/0614 upgrade uses the "ReplayTV (advanced)" protocol. The CD/1406 upgrade uses the "Device Combiner" protocol.

Am I right in assuming that users can no longer copy/paste upgrades into their remote? I'm talking about when an expert might be developing an upgrade on the fly and they post an upgrade and/or protocol block that the user would normally copy/paste into IR. Something like this...

Upgrade Code 0 = 0A 66 (Cable/0614) ReplayTV upgrade
45 1C 2E FE FE F9 A9 35 55 65 55 55 83 0F 10 26
27 25 20 5C 23 22 24 1F 1A 28 12 16 18 14 1B 0E
2A 1D C1 0B 1C
End

Upgrade protocol 0 = 01 45 (S3C80)
47 93 71 8B 12 87 04 08 04 00 DE 00 00 00 00 00
CA D4 44 05 35 01 A8 58 0A 76 7C 04 6B 0A 56 7C
E3 56 00 DF B0 0D 58 09 6C 26 37 5F 0F 37 5C 11
68 C5 5C 9A 37 66 0A E6 0D 04 5C A1 37 5C 02 6C
27 0C 0A 04 0A 0A 10 09 10 C5 10 0A 20 0A 10 09
0A F1 37 52 07 F6 01 20 58 C6 8B E5 20 29 8D 01
End
jetskier

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aside from the protocol issue (same PID), looks like my import issues posted yesterday in the preview 4 thread are corrected and match IR.

Can't wait to try it out once I clean up my files and link the complete device upgrades. I have 6 zones (remotes) to convert over.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vickyg2003 wrote:
Feature Idea1
I'd really like to have a visual clue as to whether the Device/Type is the native device type for that button. This would be really helpful to me, the advanced user, not sure how helpful this would be to the target newbie.

I think this would be useful for newbies too, as the VPT often breaks when there's a device type mismatch.

vickyg2003 wrote:
Fixed:
Device Tables are now working the way I expect.

Just in case it's not clear, I believe Vicky's referring to the upgrade address pointers that are at the beginning of the upgrade section.
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vickyg2003 wrote:
If CBL/1172 is assigned to a device mode, and the keymove is on that device mode, AND the keymove is not on a button that was available in the map it should have been included in the upgrade.

I had a chance to look at your IR file. Your CBL/1127 is assigned to Aux but your Keymoves are on CD, probably for some kind of punch through, so RMIR is right not to include those in the upgrade, and it wasn't anything to do with the fact that CBL/1127 was a built in code.

Capn Trips
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vickyg2003 wrote:
I had a chance to look at your IR file. Your CBL/1127 is assigned to Aux but your Keymoves are on CD, probably for some kind of punch through, so RMIR is right not to include those in the upgrade, and it wasn't anything to do with the fact that CBL/1127 was a built in code.
Ahhh.. of COURSE!

OK, but the memory calculations still vary for unknown reasons and the Keymove on TV/Sleep does not display as a Keymove in either RMIR nor in RM (where it was originally created!)

Amazon Firestick
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Capn Trips wrote:
OK, but the memory calculations still vary for unknown reasons and the Keymove on TV/Sleep does not display as a Keymove in either RMIR nor in RM (where it was originally created!)

Not unknown, it decided to discard your keymove and roll it into the upgrade.

Now personally I'd find this unacceptable for the reasons I stated above.

In your case it would be unacceptable for a totally different reason. I see that you used a keymove because you were totally out of room in the upgrade area, so you moved that key into the keymove area. I believe you stored it on shift-sleep in your upgrade and then used to unshift it once you got your keymoves into ir.

In this case, you won't have that kind of flexibilty, you'd have to create your keymoves by hand, just a little bit inconvenient, since you can't edit the keymoves, nor can you clone them.

vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had originally thought that more than 1 keymove had been lost, but then I saw that I was looking at the wrong IR file.

BUG
I was checking out why the captains file had 3 more bytes of upgrade space even though another byte of upgrade was added when the keymove converted to a upgrade. I found that the captains Pause protocol was swapped out for another pause protocol.

The new protocol was 4 bytes less than the other protocol so that's why you have 3 bytes free.

Capn Trips
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vickyg2003 wrote:
Not unknown, it decided to discard your keymove and roll it into the upgrade.

Now personally I'd find this unacceptable for the reasons I stated above.

In your case it would be unacceptable for a totally different reason. I see that you used a keymove because you were totally out of room in the upgrade area, so you moved that key into the keymove area. I believe you stored it on shift-sleep in your upgrade and then used to unshift it once you got your keymoves into ir.

In this case, you won't have that kind of flexibilty, you'd have to create your keymoves by hand, just a little bit inconvenient, since you can't edit the keymoves, nor can you clone them.
Wow! Even I had forgotten that I had done that. Your deduction and conclusion are amazing!

In that case, i withdraw all of my earlier comments (in this thread), although I fully agree with all of Vicky's. RMIR should not delete a Keymove and incorporate it automatically into a Device Upgrade without asking my permission.

Amazon Firestick
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Software All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 1 of 8

Jump to: