JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Beginners - PLEASE read this thread first - the split thread

View previous topic :: View next topic  
gjarboni
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2004 10:16 am    Post subject: Beginners - PLEASE read this thread first - the split thread Reply with quote

These posts have been split from the original beginners thread:
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1009

Since we end up making the same requests for most people who ask questions, maybe this should be a sticky post. Something like:

"Having trouble with upgraded device/macros/keymoves/IR.exe"

Please post your IR and KM/RM file in the Diagnosis Area for us to look at. We can usually spot the mistake in seconds, whereas it could take days with us asking you questions trying to guess which step you might have skipped.

PLUS....
1) PLEASE post a link to the files
Nils_Ekberg
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2004 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agreed.....

I am bad about trying to ask a few questions before recommending this and I am sure that wastes peoples time in the end.
stevec5000

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can the links to the RDF Files and Maps and Images locations be updated to go the correct areas and not return file not found errors? Thanks.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stevec5000 wrote:
Can the links to the RDF Files and Maps and Images locations be updated to go the correct areas and not return file not found errors? Thanks.

Done.
xnappo
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2010 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can we get RM-IR added to this post?

Here is the associated 'How Easy is It?'
http://sourceforge.net/apps/mediawiki/controlremote/index.php?title=How_Easy_Is_It
[EDIT] Hmm- that Wiki is all Slingy - not good for new users. Is someone actively working on it? If not I can do a re-write based on the original KM-IR format.

xnappo
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2010 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

xnappo wrote:
Hmm- that Wiki is all Slingy - not good for new users. Is someone actively working on it? If not I can do a re-write based on the original KM-IR format.

xnappo

There was a lot of talk about doing a Wiki, but AFAIK Earl (eferz) was the only one actively working on it, and he's a sling expert, hence tht slingy tone. I do like Earl's writing style and the way his grapics look. I haven't seen Earl around for a couple of months.

Tip: When creating an upgrade, always include ALL functions from the oem remote, even if you never plan on assigning them to a button. Complete function lists makes an upgrade more helpful to others.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2010 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not to state the obvious, but the wiki is a wiki and is therefore open to everyone to do with it what they will. Vicky is correct that Earl is the only one to have actually done anything with it, which is why I've been considering deleting it. For it to serve a purpose we would need lots of people to add lots of stuff to it.

I would like to see all existing help docs, including any that I have written, to get ported over to the wiki.
xnappo
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2010 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Robman wrote:
Not to state the obvious, but the wiki is a wiki and is therefore open to everyone to do with it what they will. Vicky is correct that Earl is the only one to have actually done anything with it, which is why I've been considering deleting it. For it to serve a purpose we would need lots of people to add lots of stuff to it.

I would like to see all existing help docs, including any that I have written, to get ported over to the wiki.

Okay - I just wanted to make sure I wasn't stepping on anyone's toes.

The Wiki I pointed to is hosted at Sourceforge - I will work on something for the one here.

Thanks,
xnappo
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2010 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know it is, it's just one of the many help docs scattered around this site and elsewhere that I would like to have copied and saved into one place (ie, here).
xnappo
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FYI - I got a good start on the RM-IR version today:
http://www.hifi-remote.com/wiki/index.php?title=JP1_-_Just_How_Easy_Is_It%3F_-_RM-IR_Version

I will finish up tonight or tomorrow - but please take a look at what I did so far and critique(or even better, edit) Smile

xnappo
xnappo
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

xnappo wrote:
FYI - I got a good start on the RM-IR version today:
http://www.hifi-remote.com/wiki/index.php?title=JP1_-_Just_How_Easy_Is_It%3F_-_RM-IR_Version

I will finish up tonight or tomorrow - but please take a look at what I did so far and critique(or even better, edit) Smile

xnappo

Okay - I think I am done (for now). Please proof read!

xnappo
redtarga1

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 5:03 pm    Post subject: How are files accessed for download? Reply with quote

I'm confused. Several links in the forum, like the one for IR.EXE, don't lead to the actual downloadable file. In this case, IR.EXE opens a page with a web site link. This shows a message with link to IR.exe, that takes one to another page with a link to a web site, "Click Here", then it takes you back to the previous page. What's going on?
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On the first page that opens, click the Download button. Click Here leads to the release announcement.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Beginners All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: