JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

RemoteMaster/RMIR v2.00-preview4 is now available

View previous topic :: View next topic  
gfb107
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 7:03 am    Post subject: RemoteMaster/RMIR v2.00-preview4 is now available Reply with quote

I've built RemoteMaster/RMIR v2.00-preview4

If you don't know what RMIR is, see this thread.

Changes since v1.99b (the last official release)

• Fix very minor issue with Fav/Scan, an overlooked difference between Macros and Fav/Scan. (Graham)
  • Split off a new class, MacroDefinitionBox, from MacroDialog to allow its re-use with Timed Macros. (Graham)
  • Restore double-click to edit table cells (Greg)
  • Typing when not in edit mode will start edit mode and replace cell contents (Greg)
  • Create new interface, ButtonEnabler, and use it to improve logical separation between MacroDefinitionBox and MacroDialog. (Graham)
  • Fix Setup.vbs for Windows users who don't run as Admin, Updated Readme.html (Greg)
  • Implement Timed Macros (Graham)
  • Implement File/New (Graham)
  • Implement File/Open of Sling Learned Signal XML files (Greg)
  • Add toolbar button to open RDF for viewing or live editing (Graham)
  • Fix Fujitsu protocol (Greg)
  • Append " (untested)" to notes for Sling Learned Signals when appropriate (Greg)
  • RMIR: allow multicell selection in most tables, and Copy item in popup menu to copy to the clipboard (Greg)
  • Add display of Signature, Processor, Interface and Extender Version to Raw Data tab (Graham)
  • Implement the ExtenderVersionAddr and RDFVersionAddr parameters of the RDF [General] section (Graham).
  • Change the toolbar icon for File/Open (Graham).
  • Added Bound Key to Learned Signal edit dialog, and enabled OK/Cancel button (Greg)
  • Removed New button and context menu item from Learned Signal tab (Greg)
  • Fixed Clone button and content menu item on Learned Signal tab (Greg)
  • Enable column reordering in most tables (Greg)
  • Always open RMIR, launch RM as separate window when opening RMDU files (Greg)
  • Add edit context menu to protocol parameters (Greg)
  • Add edit context menu to General Notes on General tab (Greg)
  • Remember the folder in which files are opened regardless of type (Greg)
  • Add an "All supported files" type to the file open dialog, and use it as the default (Greg)
  • Add transient, user controlled ignore field to learned signal decodes (Greg)
  • Changes since v2.00-preview3

• Implement Setup Code Validation (Graham)
    • Resolve an issue with Device Upgrade Editor that caused, among other things, the OK and Cancel buttons to have the same effect (Graham)
    • Implement Code Selector (Graham)
    • Create user-friendly interface for Pause Special Protocol, implementing the PauseParams entry in RDF [General] section (Graham)
    • Commented out the entry in protocols.ini for "Panasonic Combo (flawed)", as it contains no code entries (Graham)
    • Corrected a bug present since v1.99preview3, an oversight caused by the introduction of Device Button Notes that caused Save As, when following a download, to give empty .rmir file (Graham)
    • Disable Save action after a download (Graham)
    • Allow execution to continue when base address in .ir file and RDF differ, as the .ir file is probably a raw download (Graham)
    • Add display of protocol ID, variant and name to Devices tab (Graham)
    • Add link to Wiki in About > Help (Greg)
    • Load IR file: maintain correct notes when invalid, empty device upgrade discarded (Greg)
    • Launch RM directly from RM shortcut (Run Setup.vbs to create/update the shortcuts)
    • Add .rmdu as well as .rmir files to RMIR's recent file list
    • Improve identification of raw protocols by checking variance of OEM and Parm device parameters from default values (Graham)

RemoteMaster.v2.00-preview4.zip - (~2.0MB) Multi-platform Java program, works on Windows, Linux, Mac, etc..

Links:
The RemoteMaster project home page, now accepting donations.
RemoteMaster.v2.00-preview4
Change Log (also included in the downloadable files)
Readme.html (also included in the downloadable files)
Tutorial (also included in the downloadable files)
The RemoteMaster Wiki
The #1 Code Search FAQ and it's answer (PLEASE READ FIRST)
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

setup.vbs discussion split to here:
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=12524
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bug report:
I just entered some data in the EFC column of RM and then tried to clear it. I clicked the first cell, held down the SHIFT button, then clicked the last cell, then pressed the DELETE button (on the keyboard) expecting the data to be cleared, but instead, the data in the last cell simply went into edit mode.

To be fair, I just tried it in RM 1.98 and 1.99 and it doesn't work there either, but I thought this was part of the UI that was being improved with this release.
jetskier

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I may have missed the bus, but...

Does this version support the upgrade area expanding into the learned area like IR does? I think Binky developed that feature.

When I opened my .IR file, it reports -48 bytes free in the upgrade area. It's also missing a lot of my keymoves (only 8 of the 39 show). IR reports 2 free for the upgrade and 58 free for the move/macro.

It's also reporting my Panasonic protocol as Denon-K. Probably since they use the same "00 CD" protocol

It's not showing anything in the protocol tab, but it does seem to pick them up in the device tab listing. Not sure if this is by design or what.

The remote is my 10820.

IR file attached....
Capn Trips
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jetskier wrote:
I may have missed the bus, but...

Does this version support the upgrade area expanding into the learned area like IR does? I think Binky developed that feature.
It's not there yet

jetskier wrote:
When I opened my .IR file, it reports -48 bytes free in the upgrade area. ... IR reports 2 free for the upgrade and 58 free for the move/macro.
See this post.. A bug that has been corrected for the next release, presumably.

jetskier wrote:
It's also missing a lot of my keymoves (only 8 of the 39 show).
Keymoves that are associated with Device Upgrades are not currently displayed (on the Keymoves Tab). You will find them if you go to "Devices>Edit" for each associated device. This is also a topic of some discussion in that thread, and a partial change is due in the next release (displaying them in the Keymoves tab, but not editing them(

jetskier wrote:
It's also reporting my Panasonic protocol as Denon-K. Probably since they use the same "00 CD" protocol

It's not showing anything in the protocol tab, but it does seem to pick them up in the device tab listing. Not sure if this is by design or what.
This has also been discussed in that same 33+ page thread. The issue is to "help" RMIR figure out a reliable way to distinguish between two executors with the same PID.

Feel free to read the whole thread to see the back-and-forth on RMIR development.

Remotes: OFA XSight Touch, AR XSight Touch
TVs: LG 65" Smart LED TV; Samsung QN850BF Series - 8K UHD Neo QLED LCD TV
RCVR: Onkyo TX-SR875; Integra DTR 40.3
DVD/VCR: Pioneer DV-400VK (multi-region DVD), Sony BDP-S350 (Blu-ray), Toshiba HD-A3 (HD-DVD), Panasonic AG-W1 (Multi-system VCR);
Laserdisc: Pioneer CLD-D704.
Amazon Firestick
tape deck: Pioneer CT 1380WR (double cassette deck)
(But I still have to get up for my beer)
jetskier

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Capn Trips wrote:
Feel free to read the whole thread to see the back-and-forth on RMIR development.

That's what I was trying to avoid..... Surprised
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Software All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: