JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

7544 problem with upgrades
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ube_Astard

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2006 3:06 pm    Post subject: 7544 problem with upgrades Reply with quote

I have asked this before I know, but I have never solved it so am asking if someone could please look at this IR file for me.
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=2634

I am trying to get my 7544 to work with an upgrade. I can use it with the setup codes that came with it, but whenever I upload an upgrade (such as this 1853) and change device type to SAT and the general tab to 1853. I still get no response from the unit though it all works OK with my 9910.
I have searched and found this thread
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=5010

where someone has what seems to be the same problem. However, he seems to be more advanced and I am a newbie and cant see in simple terms how to solve it. I am using the European remote.
Thanks in advance.
Capn Trips
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2006 4:35 pm    Post subject: Re: 7544 problem with upgrades Reply with quote

Ube_Astard wrote:
... but whenever I upload an upgrade (such as this 1853) and change device type to SAT and the general tab to 1853. I still get no response from the unit though it all works OK with my 9910.
I'm surprised that this upgrade works in ANY remote if you assign the SAT device type, since it's a DVD device upgrade. As far as I can tell, when the IR file you posted a link to is loaded in your remote (WITH NO CHANGES), your DVD device button should operate the DVD/1853 device. If you change that device type to SAT before uploading it to you remote, it won't work, because the upgrade is not a SAT upgrade.

If, on the other hand, you are saying the the IR file you posted AS IS doesn't work, then perhaps your remote is not accepting the upload. What is in the IR file you get when you DOWNLOAD from the remote FOLLOWING an upload?

Remotes: OFA XSight Touch, AR XSight Touch
TVs: LG 65" Smart LED TV; Samsung QN850BF Series - 8K UHD Neo QLED LCD TV
RCVR: Onkyo TX-SR875; Integra DTR 40.3
DVD/VCR: Pioneer DV-400VK (multi-region DVD), Sony BDP-S350 (Blu-ray), Toshiba HD-A3 (HD-DVD), Panasonic AG-W1 (Multi-system VCR);
Laserdisc: Pioneer CLD-D704.
Amazon Firestick
tape deck: Pioneer CT 1380WR (double cassette deck)
(But I still have to get up for my beer)
Mark Pierson
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2006 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As the Capn said, if the upgrade (in KM/RM) was for SAT/1853, it got changed in IR, which CANNOT be done. The same Device Type and Setup Code used in the upgrade must be used in IR.
Ube_Astard

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2006 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mark Pierson wrote:
As the Capn said, if the upgrade (in KM/RM) was for SAT/1853, it got changed in IR, which CANNOT be done. The same Device Type and Setup Code used in the upgrade must be used in IR.

That upgrade is for an NTL Samsung cable box and that code works just fine in the 9910 on the SAt button as I have described. Anyway, I have only used that as an example and no upgrade codes of any sort will work in the 7544.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2006 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The guy who started the original thread on this never responded to my last post, maybe you could do the experiment requested instead.
Ube_Astard

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2006 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ive never done a keymove but I will try tomorrow.
Capn Trips
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2006 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ube_Astard wrote:
That upgrade is for an NTL Samsung cable box and that code works just fine in the 9910 on the SAt button as I have described. Anyway, I have only used that as an example and no upgrade codes of any sort will work in the 7544.
The device button to which the upgrade is assigned is immaterial to this issue. What is germane is the "device type" of the upgrade in KM/RM (which is also immaterial with respect to what kind of device it actually IS). You can create a "DVD" device upgrade in KM for a "SAT" box, and as long as you select "DVD" device type when assigning the setup code to "SAT" in IR's general tab, it will properly operate your SAT box. This device type is encoded in the string of hex that you copy and paste into IR. In IR, REGARDLESS of what device button you assign this code to, the "device type" you select MUST MATCH THE DEVICE TYPE YOU SELECTED IN THE UPGRADE.

Remotes: OFA XSight Touch, AR XSight Touch
TVs: LG 65" Smart LED TV; Samsung QN850BF Series - 8K UHD Neo QLED LCD TV
RCVR: Onkyo TX-SR875; Integra DTR 40.3
DVD/VCR: Pioneer DV-400VK (multi-region DVD), Sony BDP-S350 (Blu-ray), Toshiba HD-A3 (HD-DVD), Panasonic AG-W1 (Multi-system VCR);
Laserdisc: Pioneer CLD-D704.
Amazon Firestick
tape deck: Pioneer CT 1380WR (double cassette deck)
(But I still have to get up for my beer)
Ube_Astard

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2006 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Robman wrote:
The guy who started the original thread on this never responded to my last post, maybe you could do the experiment requested instead.

Actually Rob, the guy did respond and its on page 2 in the thread

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=5010&postdays=0&postorder=asc&&start=15

So I just need to het hold of that updated RDF, but that guy didnt leave a copy to help anyone else. The only one I can find is the starter one by yourself Rob. Its just that I'm not sure how to edit the RDF.
dsarens

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2006 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ube_Astard wrote:
The Robman wrote:

Actually Rob, the guy did respond and its on page 2 in the thread

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=5010&postdays=0&postorder=asc&&start=15

So I just need to het hold of that updated RDF, but that guy didnt leave a copy to help anyone else. The only one I can find is the starter one by yourself Rob. Its just that I'm not sure how to edit the RDF.

The reason I didn't leave an updated copy is because I didn't get any further with it and I am still using the starter RDF kindly provided by The Robman.

I found a few limitations with the remote and some workarounds;

1. KM works better than RM, so my ugrades were made using KM.

2. When making an upgrade, leave out one of the number functions and add a keymove for the missing number, this is because the Number maps seem to be incorrect (see the complete thread mentioned earlier in this thread).

3. Do any keymoves via IR - doing them via the remote itself causes corruption in the programming.

Hope this helps.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2006 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see it now.

I don't believe that he made any significant changes to the RDF, however, the RDF that I created is for the 2k version of the remote and it appears that you have the 1k version.

Also, his upgrades were working it's just that the buttons are scrambled, whereas you say your upgrades aren't working at all, which indicates that you have different problems.
Ube_Astard

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2006 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for responding dsarens. This is doing my head in now and I wont be able to look at it again till Friday.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2006 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think we need to get one of these remotes into the hands of one of the experts so we can create a good RDF and put this to bed once and for all.

Thanks for jumping back into this Duncan.
Ube_Astard

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Robman mine wont even respond when I try your RDF. It tells me the remote isnt connected. Is there any experts in the UK in can post it to?
By the way Capn Trips, sorry for posting the wrong IR file before, I have corrected it now.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If there aren't any UK experts that step forward, I'd be willing to look at your remote if you're willing to mail it to the States.
dsarens

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ube,

When I received my 7544 it had no JP1 connector or EEPROM fitted. I put in a connector and 2K EEPROM myself. Did you have to do this or did yours already have them fitted? I ask because I think with this model they usually come without the connectors/EEPROM and only get fitted if it has been back to UEI for an upgrade.

Regards,

Duncan
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Beginners All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: