JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Cyberhome DVR 1200 (ILO DVDR05?)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search (Closed)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gbalight

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2005 9:08 am    Post subject: Cyberhome DVR 1200 (ILO DVDR05?) Reply with quote

1. Device: Cyberhome DVR 1200
2. Type of device: DVD recorder/player
3. Year: 2005
4. JP1 Remote model: URC-6011
5. JP1 user? Yes
6. Still have original remote? Yes
7. Checked the file section? Yes
8. Checked Pronto file section (at R/C)? Yes
9. Partially working setup code? No
10. Learning remote question? URC-6011 remote not capable

I picked this dvd recorder up at walmart for only $70. I knew it was a risk, but I'm actually surprised at how well it is working(so far).

I've read elsewhere on the net that the ILO DVDR05 is pretty much exactly the same as the cyberhome model (just rebadged). Both rear panels were identical, and both remotes were identical.

The remotes run on a CR2025 battery. I have tried the codes in this thread: http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=3100, but I cannot get a code even partially working. I'm thinking it may have something to do with the remote running off of a watch battery...or not. I know this model is brand new, so the info out there is very limited at the moment.
Capn Trips
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2005 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since you have a Cyberhome DVR, and there are about 12 Cyberhome upgrades in the DVD upgrade file section, 3 of which are DVRs, why don't you try those rather than a "possibly the same item" ILO upgrade?

Remotes: OFA XSight Touch, AR XSight Touch
TVs: LG 65" Smart LED TV; Samsung QN850BF Series - 8K UHD Neo QLED LCD TV
RCVR: Onkyo TX-SR875; Integra DTR 40.3
DVD/VCR: Pioneer DV-400VK (multi-region DVD), Sony BDP-S350 (Blu-ray), Toshiba HD-A3 (HD-DVD), Panasonic AG-W1 (Multi-system VCR);
Laserdisc: Pioneer CLD-D704.
Amazon Firestick
tape deck: Pioneer CT 1380WR (double cassette deck)
(But I still have to get up for my beer)
gbalight

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2005 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Capn Trips wrote:
Since you have a Cyberhome DVR, and there are about 12 Cyberhome upgrades in the DVD upgrade file section, 3 of which are DVRs, why don't you try those rather than a "possibly the same item" ILO upgrade?

I'm sorry, I haven't used the software and remote for about a year. The upgrade option wasn't apparent to me. I'll look into that route and I'll post back. Thanks for the reply Smile
Capn Trips
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2005 2:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Cyberhome DVR 1200 (ILO DVDR05?) Reply with quote

I don't mean to be ornery or start a flame war, but would appreciate you explaining what you meant by the following answers?
gbalight wrote:
5. JP1 user? Yes
7. Checked the file section? Yes
"Checking the file section" usually implies that after doing said checking, you found either nothing that works, or only partially works. You preceding answer seems to suggest that you didn't actually check the file sections here or at remotecentral.com

DVD/VCR: Pioneer DV-400VK (multi-region DVD), Sony BDP-S350 (Blu-ray), Toshiba HD-A3 (HD-DVD), Panasonic AG-W1 (Multi-system VCR);
Amazon Firestick
gbalight

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2005 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What I checked was the "Files" section in the Jp1 yahoo user group. here is the exact URL: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/jp1/files/3.%20Device%20Codes/DVD/ The cyberhome files on in that location go from the 300 to the 1500, but no 1600 there and no 1200. I tried all of the text files there (loading them into the spreadsheet & then into IR).

I wasn't aware of the upgrades section that you posted.

I haven't messed with the remote yet since I've been gone all day. I *did* get the code for the 1600 in and at least the power and play/pause works so that is a good start.
Capn Trips
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2005 1:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gbalight wrote:
What I checked was the "Files" section in the Jp1 yahoo user group.
"Ahhh... Bach" (Radar O'Reilly - circa 1954) Smile

Well. welcome to the new file section! Wink

Robman, perhaps you could update the Code Search FAQ Sticky Post for that line (File Search) to actually link to the current file section? 8)

Amazon Firestick
gbalight

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2005 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Capn Trips wrote:
gbalight wrote:
What I checked was the "Files" section in the Jp1 yahoo user group.
"Ahhh... Bach" (Radar O'Reilly - circa 1954) Smile

Well. welcome to the new file section! Wink

Robman, perhaps you could update the Code Search FAQ Sticky Post for that line (File Search) to actually link to the current file section? 8)

Yeah, it's been a while since I've been at the site and I see that the file section *here* is a new addition. I had no idea that the files were being migrated to a different location. The last time I was working with JP1 stuff, everything was at the yahoo group, so sorry about the confusion. And no, I didn't notice the obvious "File Section" link in the main header Embarassed

I have used the 1600 file to get *most* of the functions working, but I'd really like to assign the following keys:return, clear, edit, schedule, record(pretty important one), menu & display.

All of those keys are in the dvr1500 file, but after putting in the EFC & hex codes, I still can't get them to work in the 1600 file. I've even mapped them within IR with no luck. Of the functions that I listed, the ones that *are* in the 1600 file (menu & record) simply don't work. I'm using an 8810 and a 6011. Later today, I'm going to devote some more time to trying to get the codes from the 1500 file to a modified 1600 file. It *must* be possible. The only thing I can think of is that the EFC & hex codes of identical buttons on the 1200(my model) are different than those in the 1500 *and* the 1600 file. Doesn't make sense though.

Again, I haven't worked with JP1 stuff in quite a while, so I'm not saying that there isn't something obvious that I may be overlooking.
gfb107
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2005 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, since you have a URC-8810, which is a learning remote, you could learn the signals from the original remote. Then look at the decodes in IR, and there would be no more searching or guessing involved.
The #1 Code Search FAQ and it's answer (PLEASE READ FIRST)
Capn Trips
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2005 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If a code doesn't work, it doesn't work. Just conduct a code search - i.e. try all of the unused EFCs and see what they do. You may even discover some new ones that aren't present on the original remote. There's really no risk in doing such a code search on a DVD/DVR, so that's the best way to get a truly complete EFC list.

Amazon Firestick
johnsfine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2005 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Capn Trips wrote:
try all of the unused EFCs and see what they do. You may even discover some new ones that aren't present on the original remote. There's really no risk in doing such a code search on a DVD/DVR,

If it were my device, I'd probably risk that search, but I wouldn't tell someone else there is zero risk.

Given any device that has the physical ability to erase its own firmware, there is always the possibility that the idiot who wrote the original firmware included a simple command to erase it all with no field recovery method. Not likely, but not zero risk.

Also, some DVD players have designed in the ability to change region with a permanent limit on how many times you do so. A sane design would require a sequence of steps with significant visual feedback, so a random sequence of IR commands couldn't do it by accident. But (as in the comment above) there is always nonzero risk of insane design.
gbalight

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2005 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gfb107 wrote:
Well, since you have a URC-8810, which is a learning remote, you could learn the signals from the original remote. Then look at the decodes in IR, and there would be no more searching or guessing involved.

OMG! I'm an idiot! I forgot completely that the 8810 was a learning model (DUH). Shows how long it's been since I've been messing with this stuff! I don't have the paper that came with the remote anymore, but I downloaded the pdf from the one for all site so I should be "good to go" for now. Once I've figured this all out, I'll post any worthwhile codes/info that I come up with. Maybe I'll make a file for the 1200 if I feel confident enough Smile
Capn Trips
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2005 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

johnsfine wrote:
Capn Trips wrote:
try all of the unused EFCs and see what they do. You may even discover some new ones that aren't present on the original remote. There's really no risk in doing such a code search on a DVD/DVR,

If it were my device, I'd probably risk that search, but I wouldn't tell someone else there is zero risk.

Given any device that has the physical ability to erase its own firmware, there is always the possibility that the idiot who wrote the original firmware included a simple command to erase it all with no field recovery method. Not likely, but not zero risk.

Also, some DVD players have designed in the ability to change region with a permanent limit on how many times you do so. A sane design would require a sequence of steps with significant visual feedback, so a random sequence of IR commands couldn't do it by accident. But (as in the comment above) there is always nonzero risk of insane design.
I stand (or rather, sit) chastened. Embarassed (..but I'd try the search, too).

I seem to recall the forum losing a long-time contributor over a discussion about code-searching with a particularly ... temperamental Pioneer LaserDisc player, so I agree with John's caution - CODE SEARCH AT YOUR OWN RISK.

Amazon Firestick
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2005 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Capn Trips wrote:
I seem to recall the forum losing a long-time contributor over a discussion about code-searching with a particularly ... temperamental Pioneer LaserDisc player, so I agree with John's caution - CODE SEARCH AT YOUR OWN RISK.

Wow, you've got a good memory, I had forgotten exactly what brought the gammel down on that particular member, but you're right, it was a thread about a Pioneer remote. At least, that was the final straw (you've no idea how many private messages I had already received from people asking me to kick him out).

Up until very recently he was still in the "Top Ten Posters" but it looks like ElizabethD has edged him out! Smile
ElizabethD
Advanced Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2005 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just to add to the damage statistics: loooong ago an old model Denon receiver got fried on some code 16 or 18 efc I think, which is why I can never do the search on mine for codes I'm sure are there Sad Sad Sad

Edited: I just found the link http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=448&start=0
with this memorable quote:
Quote:
But when I hit EFC 008 (OBC 130), the speakers popped once and the receiver went into "protection" mode. I have tried everything to clear the condition, but it appears to be permanent. I have discussed this with Denon/Marantz and they are sending a replacment unit.

Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search (Closed) All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: