JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Keymap-master and uploading problem

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Exitao

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 7:32 am    Post subject: Keymap-master and uploading problem Reply with quote

OK, so I'm following the directions as per the JP1_for_beginners_rev1.1.pdf document.

I want to use this http://groups.yahoo.com/group/jp1/files/3.%20Device%20Codes/Audio/Sony_STR-DE885_Receiver.txt IR file.

I open Keymaper, copy the text in the linked document and click Import in Keymaper. But I get a protocol ID error.

After this, I correct this using the tabs in the Excel document, because I don't know what else to do.

But when I try to copy it into the Devices area, the way the PDF directs, of the IR program, the device type is Tape, and the Setup code is 0000.
If I set it manually, and click OK, none of the keys appear to be mapped.

What exactly am I doing wrong?
uwereinert
Advanced Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 9:04 am    Post subject: Re: Keymap-master and uploading problem Reply with quote

Exitao wrote:
I open Keymaper, copy the text in the linked document and click Import in Keymaper. But I get a protocol ID error.

Which release of KM are you using? I've opened the upgrade with the latest (8.32) and it works fine for me. If you are using KM 8.32 too, you could try a fresh copy of it.

Uwe
gfb107
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It worked for me with KM 8.31 and with RM v1.22
The #1 Code Search FAQ and it's answer (PLEASE READ FIRST)
Mark Pierson
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't have any problems with KM 8.32 either. You might want to try saving the file locally on your hard drive and then use KM's LOAD button to open it.
ElizabethD
Advanced Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 2:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Keymap-master and uploading problem Reply with quote

Exitao wrote:
But when I try to copy it into the Devices area, the way the PDF directs, of the IR program, the device type is Tape, and the Setup code is 0000.

Both KM and IR are just fine.
This problem can occur when the remote in KM does not match the remote in IR. I just replicated, guessing, and using this scenario, so perhaps that's where the trouble is. The linked KM file is for 1994. Perhaps your IR is for another remote, i.e. not 1994?
My IR currently uses RDF for 8910/HTPro and I ain't changing that Very Happy.
Bingo, the index didn't match and the device wants to be Tape.

Once I changed the remote to 8910 in KM, the paste command worked as predicted, asked what to assign it to, I said RCVR/AMP and all is well. Hope this helps.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Beginners All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: