JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

urc8017 & Pioneer dv-275 power efc's don't work

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Carlito55

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2005 2:58 am    Post subject: urc8017 & Pioneer dv-275 power efc's don't work Reply with quote

Let me get straight to the point. I did a search of all forums and only found one direct match for Pioneer DVD player discrete power codes. They seemed to have worked for that user. They don't for me. He has a dv-270 which is the same series/family as mine.

The device code that works is 0571 but the power codes (031, 035) don't work. I assigned them to keys before checking to see if they worked. I then tried the power toggle 028 but that doesn't work either. I tried reassigning the device code in hopes that it would restore the power button to factory preset but the power button still does nothing.

I haven't been able to find how to solve this problem and am forced to bother some kind soul for help. Anyone??

Thanks for all the great resources.
gfb107
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2005 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did the advanced codes you use match those at http://www.hifi-remote.com/cgi-bin2/ueic.cgi?DVD_0571?
If they do, one of two things happened:
  • You didn't create the keymoves correctly (read these directions.)
  • Your DVD player simply doesn't respond to those codes.

Reassigning the device code will NOT clear any keymoves.

Instructions for clearing keymoves are in the manual. Here's the relevant text:
Quote:
Restoring A Single Keymoved Key
1. Press a device key that has a keymoved key.
2. Press and hold SET until the LED (red light) blinks twice, then release SET.
3. Enter 9 - 9 - 4.The LED will blink twice.
4. Press the destination key twice (where the keymoved key is stored).The LED will blink twice.

Restoring All Keymoved Keys In A Single Mode
1. Press and hold SET until the LED (red light) blinks twice, then release SET.
2. Enter 9 - 9 - 4.The LED will blink twice.
3. Press the destination mode twice (where keymoved keys are stored).The LED will blink twice.

The #1 Code Search FAQ and it's answer (PLEASE READ FIRST)
Carlito55

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2005 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That link is exactly where I got my codes from. I didn't realize that assigning advanced codes were considered keymoves so I didn't even look there in the manual. I did do the keymoves correctly in the first place. Now I've undone them and the power toggle works as it should.

It appears that you've confirmed my fears that my player just doesn't respond to these codes. Does that imply that discrete power codes don't work for this player, or because this is a new model, the correct codes just haven't been found yet? I'm still holding out hope for the latter.

Thanks for your support.

Carl
Mark Pierson
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2005 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Carlito55 wrote:
I did do the keymoves correctly in the first place.
Not if you did them on the remote. The problem is that the version of the Pioneer protocol in the 8017 uses 2-byte commands which cannot be setup as keymoves directly from the remote. They must be created in IR on the Key Moves tab using the Hex Cmd radio button. I believe the proper hex codes are:

Discrete ON = "07 00" or "07 01"
Discrete OFF = "3B 00" or "3B 01"
Carlito55

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2005 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahh. It seems I've been able to avoid JP1 until now.

My very recent prized possesion is a Home Theater Master MX-500. My research also told me that an OFA remote makes a lovely companion for the mx-500. I found the 8017 on sale at Radio Shack for $20Cdn a coupla blocks away, so I picked it up thinking that I wouldn't need learning or JP1. The info on this site and Remote Central has proven invaluable in finding the discretes I've needed (Sony VCR, TV power & inputs). I even found an open/close that wasn't even on the factory remote for my '86 Technics CD player! Wicked.

However, this power code problem is the only fly in my ointment as far as programming the mx-500 for my equipment goes. I expected to have problems setting up my Next Level (Motorola) RG2200 digital cable box but that went flawlessly.

Thus far, I haven't needed JP1 capabilities so I haven't read up on it. I did read somewhere that if I send in the 8017 for a device code upgrade, (it can't cope with the RG2200), UEI will install the 6 pins to enable them to perform the upgrade, which in turn will enable me to do my power code upgrade. All I need is a JP1 cable then.

Is my line of thinking correct?
Carlito55

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2005 2:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sorry for being verbose. My thorough enjoyment of remote techno-geekism spilled out. It won't happen again.

My remote just has 6 holes in the pcb in the jp1 area. Where can I find the info I need to achieve the end result of functioning discrete power on/off buttons for my dvd player?

Thanks for your support,

Carl
johnsfine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2005 8:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Carlito55 wrote:
if I send in the 8017 for a device code upgrade, (it can't cope with the RG2200), UEI will install the 6 pins to enable them to perform the upgrade, which in turn will enable me to do my power code upgrade. All I need is a JP1 cable then.

They would send you back a remote with the 6-pin connector, a 1K byte eeprom, and an internal jumper, all of which are lacking from your remote (they don't add those parts to your remote, they send you a different remote). Anyway, that is all you need for JP1 other than the cable..

Carlito55 wrote:
Where can I find the info I need to achieve the end result of functioning discrete power on/off buttons for my dvd player?

I haven't researched that one: Whether your model DVD player even has discrete on/off signals; Whether those signals can be generated without JP1; What protocol and Hex cmd to use to generate them with JP1.
Carlito55

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2005 3:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for confirming the hardware changes UEI would make. I knew I read that in a thread somewhere.

Quote:
Whether your model DVD player even has discrete on/off signals; Whether those signals can be generated without JP1; What protocol and Hex cmd to use to generate them with JP1.

It appears to me this info has been addressed in this thread. I'm using the same device code with virtually the same player and the same request. I will try both sets of hex commands given (this thread and that thread) and see if I can figure it out.

Any idea what UEI's turn around time is, for sending in a remote? I'm assuming that this is the only available course of action. I don't know where else to look.

Thanks for the new information. You have all helped greatly in ironing out the last wrinkle in my setup.

Carl
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Non-JP1 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: