JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

device upgrade for viewsonic N3020w lcd tv?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search (Closed)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ajohnson

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2004 10:09 pm    Post subject: device upgrade for viewsonic N3020w lcd tv? Reply with quote

I haven't been able to find one. I'm using a RS 15-2103 that I added a serial JP1 interface to which works fine. I learned several buttons, although oddly enough it refused to learn anything on the power button. I learned the original remotes power signal on the RS remotes "Guide" button, and it turns the TV on & off just fine.

IR reports protocol "Emerson", Device 63, no sub device, obc 1, hex cmd 7c or 7d or 7e, efc 177 or 169 or 193. (see http://dns1.rmcps.com/azj/ir_n3020w.gif)

I tried using KM master to create a 2001 device code, protocol emerson, device 63, and all 3 efc codes individually. I've also tried swapping efc & hex and entered hex 1, but I can't make it work. I also tried some of the volume and channel sequences, again using either the hex code or any of the three efc codes witn no luck.

Any ideas? Am I missing something basic here? I've never created a device upgrade before so I wouldn't be surprised if I did.

Thanks in advance,
Aaron

P.S. I uploaded my IR config to http://dns1.rmcps.com/azj/bedroom%202103.IR and http://dns1.rmcps.com/azj/bedroom%202103.txt if anyone wants to take a peek at them.
ajohnson

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2004 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh ya, and if you wanna see my rudimentary attempts at a device upgrade, theres also http://dns1.rmcps.com/azj/viewsonic_n3020w.txt along with the IR files http://dns1.rmcps.com/azj/bedroom%202103-2.IR and http://dns1.rmcps.com/azj/bedroom%202103-2.txt
jon_armstrong
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2004 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Once I got past the checksum errors described here, the commands decoded the same as your KM upgrade and I upgraded my 2104 and it worked.

I then looked at the http://dns1.rmcps.com/azj/bedroom%202103-2.IR and there is no TV/2001 upgrade so I am wondering if you may be having the same hardware problems that you earlier described in the link above. If not copy the upgrade to IR (remember to upload to remote) and assign TV/2001 in the general tab.

Last edited by jon_armstrong on Sat Sep 25, 2004 12:54 pm; edited 2 times in total
ajohnson

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2004 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, when I was playing with the 2001 upgrade code pasted from keymap master, I forgot to save it to my hard drive (I was just testing it with the remote) so the "bedroom 2103-2.*" files didn't reflect any upgrade. They do now, however they still don't work. I assume your checksum error link was to the earlier thread about that problem, which I resolved (your link points to one of my files instead).

When you say "it worked", do you mean IR was happy and your remote lights blinked normally, or do you also have a viewsonic TV and were able to control it? Mine doesn't respond to the "bedroom 2103-2" files, only the original "bedroom 2103" ones that have the learned commands in them.
jon_armstrong
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2004 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ajohnson wrote:
I assume your checksum error link was to the earlier thread about that problem, which I resolved

That link now works and is to your previous post.
Quote:
When you say "it worked", do you mean IR was happy and your remote lights blinked normally, or do you also have a viewsonic TV and were able to control it?

I loaded the upgrade and then learned several of the commands to another OFA remote and looked at the results. They also decoded the same (device and OBC). I just now compared three commands: Power, Vol+ and Vol- and the only difference I can see is that the frame length of the learned commands are 4 mS shorter or ~101 mS total. Here is a breakdown (all numbers in uSec):

LI+data GAP
70,632, 34,570 Generated
68,446, 32,838 Learned

872,-872 = Zero and 872,-2616 = One Generated
848,-848 = Zero and 848,-2526 = One Learned

While I can't say for sure that the slightly shorter frame lengths are not causing the problem, I think it is unlikely. Usually IR signals with timings within +/- 10% are reliably recognized.

Quote:
Mine doesn't respond to the "bedroom 2103-2" files, only the original "bedroom 2103" ones that have the learned commands in them.

Have you tried loading the upgrade in your other 2103 and tested with that? I think you are making some basic mistake.
ajohnson

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2004 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Something is weird here. I can load the original files with the learned buttons in both remotes and they control the tv. I can download the remotes and verify the image is the same as the upload. I then learned the power command onto a different button on both remotes from the opposite remote. One remote shows emerson protocol and device 41 and the other remote shows pioneer protocol and device 170. The same thing happens if I load the device upgrade and learn the button on both remotes. The device upgrade fails to control the tv in both cases.

I re-learned commands using the 2nd 2103 and the original viewsonic remote. It still downloaded as emerson protocol and device 63.

I grabed a different remote (15-2117 that I got on clearance) with the 6 pin interface and learned the power button. It also downloaded as emerson protocol and device 63. I then loaded the 2001 device upgrade that I made, and it worked. It appears I can't get the 2103's to accept a device upgrade at this time. I guess I'll give up on that and use the 2117. The 2103s take a configuration I've built with keymoves and such but standard devices just fine.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2004 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It might be a good idea to verify that your upgrades are accessible by the remote. To do that, first make sure that you're using setup codes that aren't built in (2001 is good for this) then try programming it to the device button manually (ie, holding SETUP, then entering the code). If you get 2 flashes, the code is accessible, if you get one long flash, the remote is not accepting your upgrade.

When you assign a setup code to a device button in IR that the remote doesn't know exists, it's reverts the assigned setup code to the default code, which might explain why you're seeing an Emerson code when you learn the signals.
Mark Pierson
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2004 9:02 pm    Post subject: Re: device upgrade for viewsonic N3020w lcd tv? Reply with quote

ajohnson wrote:
I'm using a RS 15-2103 that I added a serial JP1 interface to which works fine.

The Robman wrote:
It might be a good idea to verify that your upgrades are accessible by the remote.

IIRC, the 2103 requires that you do the "disconnect-the-cable-remove-a-battery-press-a-button-replace-the-battery" reset dance to get the remote to read the EEPROM after an upload. Did you remember to do that prior to testing the upgrade?
ajohnson

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2004 4:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually it doesn't require the battery to be removed.

I tried the method of re-programming the TV button to be #2001, and it accepted it. Then I pointed it at the TV and it worked! I'd modified the device upgrade to have more keys in it in the interim, so I don't know if it would have worked prior to that. At any rate, I got it working.
ajohnson

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2004 4:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, btw several of the keys which send discrete codes are showing as a gap protocol. I'll learn them onto some of the keys when I get a chance and post that IR file so folks here can take a gander at it.
jon_armstrong
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2004 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

First, download John Fine's latest decodeIR.dll and put it in the Windows\system (or WINNT\Systems folder in Win2k) and delete the earlier version from the folder that contains IR.exe. That will decode your commands correctly as Sampo protocol, device 63, sub-device 0 and the discrete commands will be device 45 and sub-device 10. Here is an official listing of Sampo display commands (so far it looks like yours are consistent although vol+/- were Adj +/-):

Sampo:63.0 (Emerson :63 will work for these)
OBC Function
000 Factory (reset? or service menu?)
001 Power
002 INPUT SELECT
003 Display
004 Q.V
005 MUTE
006 VOL (+)
007 VOL (-)
008 1
009 2
010 3
011 4
012 5
013 6
014 7
015 8
016 9
017 0
018 100
019 CH UP
020 CH DN
021 FAV-CH SEL
024 MTS
026 FAV SET
027 MENU
030 Sleep Timer
035 V-Chip Set
037 Ch. Lock
039 PIP position
042 MENU-
043 MENU+
044 ADJ-
045 ADJ+
048 wide
052 RECALL
053 PIP on/off
055 SWAP
057 V-Chip
060 PIP source

Sampo:45.10 (these won't work with the Emerson protocol)

002 Direct DVI
005 CCD
006 POWER OFF
007 POWER ON
008 Direct TV
010 Direct AV3
012 Component 2
013 Component 1
014 Direct AV1
015 Direct AV2
016 Direct RGB

I created a generic Sampo device upgrade that does both Sampo device/sub-device combinations in one device upgrade. It uses three variable hex bytes, but you can key move them in IR select hex and paste them with a space between bytes just like the entries in KM in the functions tab in the OBC column. I have put the corresponding device and OBC in the notes column.

The Emerson protocol, device=63 is the same as Sampo:63.0 so for the commands that decode as either of those you can use your existing KM upgrade and add commands as you decode them. The Emerson protocol will not work with the Sampo 45.10

You can use the device upgrade that I just posted just for the Sampo:45.10 commands if you are going to keymove most of them anyway. If you do that then in the buttons tab in the KM upgrade just highlight and right click/clear the entries in the OBC column.

I did not assign very many functions in the buttons tab.
ajohnson

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2004 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That worked perfectly! THANKS!!

I guess this means the viewsonic N3020W is either made by Sampo, or uses Sampo IR components Confused
nadegda

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2005 7:36 pm    Post subject: Maxent MX-26X3 Reply with quote

Just for the sake of future searches, want to add that the same device works for Maxent MX-26X3 26" LCD HDTV. Hopefully someone can search and find it rather then ask new question.
Capn Trips
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 1:27 am    Post subject: Re: Maxent MX-26X3 Reply with quote

nadegda wrote:
Just for the sake of future searches, want to add that the same device works for Maxent MX-26X3 26" LCD HDTV. Hopefully someone can search and find it rather then ask new question.
It would be MORE useful if you uploaded your device upgrade to the file area and gave it that Maxent name. Then it's available where all of the upgrade files are, and not only as a possibly lucky result of a forum search.

Remotes: OFA XSight Touch, AR XSight Touch
TVs: LG 65" Smart LED TV; Samsung QN850BF Series - 8K UHD Neo QLED LCD TV
RCVR: Onkyo TX-SR875; Integra DTR 40.3
DVD/VCR: Pioneer DV-400VK (multi-region DVD), Sony BDP-S350 (Blu-ray), Toshiba HD-A3 (HD-DVD), Panasonic AG-W1 (Multi-system VCR);
Laserdisc: Pioneer CLD-D704.
Amazon Firestick
tape deck: Pioneer CT 1380WR (double cassette deck)
(But I still have to get up for my beer)
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I took care of it...
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=2235
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search (Closed) All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: