JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

slingbox pro-hd pioneer pvr550h

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Enigma

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 3:55 am    Post subject: slingbox pro-hd pioneer pvr550h Reply with quote

Hello,
I've spent hours with sling help & looking at the forums leading me here. Basically the box has pvr450h & pvr650h which will not program or even power it on. The ir is version 5. can anyone help with a code or tell me if there is a learning remote with usb so I can make a file?
Thanks to anyone that can help.
snarky1 AT hotmail dot com
eferz
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2012 5:11 am    Post subject: Re: slingbox pro-hd pioneer pvr550h Reply with quote

Enigma wrote:
I've spent hours with sling help & looking at the forums leading me here. Basically the box has pvr450h & pvr650h which will not program or even power it on. The ir is version 5. can anyone help with a code or tell me if there is a learning remote with usb so I can make a file?
Thanks to anyone that can help.

Could not find a match for your device. Not even on the Pioneer support site. You may want to try using the instructions in this link (http://slingbox.wikia.com/wiki/How_to_use_Betaremotes_website.) to teach the IR commands from the OEM remote to to your Slingbox. This will create a custom profile that's usable with your device. Should you want bin files for customization or to use with other SlingRemote skins, then you can share the related Learnt Guid information. This will allow us to create the appropriate files from the IR device profile stored in Sling Media's Cloud.

If you have a compatible JP1 learning remote with the appropriate Flash cable (and an adapter if necessary) then you can use either IR or RMIR to upload a copy of your remote's image with its learned signals. Otherwise, you can pick up IR Scope and an IR Widget to record the commands to your computer. Uploading your file(s) into our diagnostic section from either method will offer us the resource to create customized upgrades which will allow control of that particular device. There are also Do-It-Yourself instructions available if you would like to be more self-sufficent.
Enigma

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello,
Thank you for the response, I'd have given up on this-Pioneer was no help in giving codes. No one even knew what I was talking about...go figure
I'll take a look at this, I'd really like to do this myself. I have an old Memorex remote that has a serial port added to it for an enviromental control-a box that does telephone, remote, x-10 functions by voice. I'm disabled so it is a help when it recognises me....
Radio Shack made an remote that looks to be a copy of the Memorex.
I'm curious if the Memorex I have can send codes to my pc, or do I need a special program.
The enviromental control sends signals to the remote via the serial cable, I don't know if I press a button a signal will be sent to the serial cable.
eferz
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Enigma wrote:
Thank you for the response, I'd have given up on this-Pioneer was no help in giving codes. No one even knew what I was talking about...go figure

I wonder if it was another brand. Every time I searched the internet for the Pioneer PVR450h or PVR650h, my results came up with Hauppage or Diamond TV tuners cards. Or maybe the model numbers were off? I just found that IR profiles for Pioneer DVR-650H and DVR-450HS. If you would like to try either of those let me know and I can create them for you.

Enigma wrote:
I'll take a look at this, I'd really like to do this myself. I have an old Memorex remote that has a serial port added to it for an enviromental control-a box that does telephone, remote, x-10 functions by voice. I'm disabled so it is a help when it recognises me....

Radio Shack made an remote that looks to be a copy of the Memorex.
I'm curious if the Memorex I have can send codes to my pc, or do I need a special program.

The enviromental control sends signals to the remote via the serial cable, I don't know if I press a button a signal will be sent to the serial cable.

Honestly, I do not know. Especially, without knowing the exact model numbers. After participating in this site for a while, I've come to realize that just because remotes look the same doesn't mean they are. The programs which I use to create upgrades for the Slingbox depend on either an IR widget or a JP1 learning compatible remote.
Enigma

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 4:57 am    Post subject: Pioneer Dvr Reply with quote

Hello,
The model number I quoted is that on the box.
The numbers you mentioned are in the sling "directory" when doing setup.
In addition, I have 3 of these pvr's and there are 3 sets of codes so one remote can control the machines separatly.
I was going to name them all the same & move them from a folder to the bin folder in the sling box files. I think the box can only take 4 files unless you do a setup each time you want to change a remote. It would be easier to swap files?
Correct me if I'm wrong.

I have a serial port ir reciever from Belkin for laptop to computer file transfer, might it be used to read remotes somehow?

I do have an Atlas remote from my cable company that has the 6 pins on the back but...my model is not listed there either! (Cogeco cable)

The machines were bought @ Best Buy in Canada.

I think I will get the cable & usb reader anyway, then I don't need a one for all remote? I haven't seen any around here in a while let alone one that can learn from another remote.

Thanks again.
eferz
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 6:36 am    Post subject: Re: Pioneer Dvr Reply with quote

Enigma wrote:
The model number I quoted is that on the box. The numbers you mentioned are in the sling "directory" when doing setup.

I guess the issue here is that there is no indication that those PVR models ever existed. Check Pioneer's website ( current: http://www.pioneerelectronics.ca/POCEN/Home/ch.Blu-ray-Disc-and-DVD.Support & archived: http://www.pioneerelectronics.ca/POCEN/Home/ch.Blu-ray-Disc-and-DVD.Archived). The only model referenced at all are the DVR variations in the archive link. Nothing about the PVR model numbers is available. It maybe a typo on the box. Have you tried setting up the Slingbox up with the DVR model numbers instead?

Enigma wrote:
In addition, I have 3 of these pvr's and there are 3 sets of codes so one remote can control the machines separately. I was going to name them all the same & move them from a folder to the bin folder in the sling box files. I think the box can only take 4 files unless you do a setup each time you want to change a remote. It would be easier to swap files? Correct me if I'm wrong.

It depends on which Slingbox you have. The Slingbox Pro-HD supports up to four IR device profiles; coax, composite, s-video, and component. But, you can only connect up to three independent set-top boxes with it because the audio is shared between s-video and composite inputs.

The Slingbox Solo may only have three IR device profiles; composite, s-video, and component. However, the audio input is shared by all three inputs. So, while you can switch between DVRs to control them separately, you can only watch and listen to one of them at a time.

Enigma wrote:
I have a serial port ir reciever from Belkin for laptop to computer file transfer, might it be used to read remotes somehow?

Most IR receivers built-into laptops are locked into IrDA with their drivers. This is a standard which is used to communicate bidirectionally between devices over infrared. The only way to support IR signals for remotes is if the manufacturer supported RAW mode with their drivers. Most, if not all, do not.

Enigma wrote:
I do have an Atlas remote from my cable company that has the 6 pins on the back but...my model is not listed there either! (Cogeco cable)

According to this site. (http://www.urcsupport.com/index.php?mso_id=226), you probably have either the Atlas 1055 or 1056. The following thread should help you identify which Atlas remote you have; (http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=8508). These are older EEPROM remotes, so if you want to be able to program them with the tools we have on the site, then you'll need both the Flash cable and an adapter.

Enigma wrote:
The machines were bought @ Best Buy in Canada.

Sorry, which one; the Slingbox, the Pioneer PVR, the laptop or the Atlas remote? I guess maybe everything was purchased there?

Enigma wrote:
I think I will get the cable & usb reader anyway, then I don't need a one for all remote? I haven't seen any around here in a while let alone one that can learn from another remote.

That will give you the largest degree of customization but as I mentioned earlier, don't forget to get the JP1 EEPROM adapter if you intend on programming your Atlas remote.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Slingbox All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: