JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

New Inteset / Insignia / Sanyo / Nexus JP1 remote
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 15, 16, 17  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - New Remotes & RDFs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
3FG
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's the detail of the behavior of the RCRP05B.

In summary: memory address $022 ($622) is critical to useful remote function. It needs a value of $0F. Other values mess it up; $FF routes the Channel group of buttons to the TV device, and no other buttons except Devices and Setup give any response.

Maybe something similar is programmed into the Insignia.
mikek

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

3FG wrote:
Here's the detail of the behavior of the RCRP05B.

In summary: memory address $022 ($622) is critical to useful remote function. It needs a value of $0F. Other values mess it up; $FF routes the Channel group of buttons to the TV device, and no other buttons except Devices and Setup give any response.

Maybe something similar is programmed into the Insignia.

Yes, it does sound similar.

Thank you for your earlier advice. I reset the remote and downloaded it into IR.

So I basically started fresh. Everything works normally now. I even have the device buttons calling themselves and there is no problem.

I also deleted the directv protocol since it is already built-in.

Thanks for the help. You guys are awesome.

-mk
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad you got it going. I guess I never considered having macros call themselves since that can really be bad when you use an extender. I guess it's harmless on an unextended remote like you said. But how do you simply change device modes on the remote without running your macro?
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mdavej wrote:
I guess I never considered having macros call themselves since that can really be bad when you use an extender.

While this can cause an infinite loop, recursion can be very useful if you have a way to break out of it.

Tip: When creating an upgrade, always include ALL functions from the oem remote, even if you never plan on assigning them to a button. Complete function lists makes an upgrade more helpful to others.
mikek

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mdavej wrote:
Glad you got it going. I guess I never considered having macros call themselves since that can really be bad when you use an extender. I guess it's harmless on an unextended remote like you said. But how do you simply change device modes on the remote without running your macro?

I almost never want to change device modes without running the macros. When I do I just cover the IR signal.

I really like the way I have the macros on the device keys. When I press DVD, for example, the macro turns on the TV to the proper input, turns on the receiver to the proper input and turns on the DVD player. So with one button press everything turns on and is setup correctly.

-mk
TheGMan

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Been following this thread for awhile and it has gone kinda of quiet. Any progress? Anything that I can do to help?
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You mean with the extender? Yes, it's in development now by unclemiltie. You can beta test when it's released. Hang in there.

Last edited by mdavej on Tue Feb 22, 2011 11:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
TheGMan

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great News and happy to do so. I have the 098GRABDMNEBYU version of this remote, a JP1.3 interface, experience using several other extenders, and a software developer/tester by trade. Just let me know when I can have at it Very Happy
unclemiltie
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey, not so fast...

UEI threw me a couple of curve balls on this one, it's not just a simple port of the just released RCA RCRP05B extender.

But now that the RCA is done, I can use what free time I have working on that.
unclemiltie
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anyone know if the various models of this thing have the same signature? Who has each of them? How many are there?

The only one that I have is the backlit 4-device (NS-RC02U-10A) and I'd love to try the extender out on the others.

Ahhhh... nuts...

I just ordered up the $9.99 one and another of the backlit ones. I guess I'll know if they're the same when they arrive.
eferz
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

srturner47 wrote:
NS-RC02U-10A (Backlit!) a.k.a. 098GRABDNNEBYU (model number misspelled in description->it shows correct model when added to cart) can be found here for $17.95 ->
http://www.mcmelectronics.com/product/INSIGNIA-/098GRABDNNEBYU

I just placed an order for one of these. So, scary. There wasn't a pic for verification and numbers are all screwy. The order ended up saying it was a "098GRABDNNEBYU - Remote Control 098GRABDMNEBYU for $17.95" I hope its the right one.

Now, I just have to wait for Tommy's new email address, so I can place an order for a cable then I'll finally have be able to program a JP1 remote (that's not tied to a $300 Slingbox).

Woo hoo!
mark60050

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2011 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

eferz - please let us know if you got the remote you were expecting. I am interested in getting a couple of these. I am currently using the Comcast remotes with the JP 1.3 interface. I'd like to replace them so that I can cancel cable.

eferz wrote:
srturner47 wrote:
NS-RC02U-10A (Backlit!) a.k.a. 098GRABDNNEBYU (model number misspelled in description->it shows correct model when added to cart) can be found here for $17.95 ->
http://www.mcmelectronics.com/product/INSIGNIA-/098GRABDNNEBYU

I just placed an order for one of these. So, scary. There wasn't a pic for verification and numbers are all screwy. The order ended up saying it was a "098GRABDNNEBYU - Remote Control 098GRABDMNEBYU for $17.95" I hope its the right one.

Now, I just have to wait for Tommy's new email address, so I can place an order for a cable then I'll finally have be able to program a JP1 remote (that's not tied to a $300 Slingbox).

Woo hoo!
eferz
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mark60050 wrote:
eferz - please let us know if you got the remote you were expecting. I am interested in getting a couple of these. I am currently using the Comcast remotes with the JP 1.3 interface. I'd like to replace them so that I can cancel cable.

Well, the package finally arrived today, and I have good news and bad news.

Good news: The remote was the correct one. I even took pictures! Very Happy

Bad news: It doesn't come with batteries nor a JP1.3 cable. Crying or Very sad

But, I have plenty of extra batteries and Mr. Tommy Tyler is sending me a cable. Yay!
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You weren't really expecting it to come with a JP1.3 cable were you?
eferz
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Robman wrote:
You weren't really expecting it to come with a JP1.3 cable were you?

No, not really and neither batteries were expected either. But, I can't just go around spreading good news without bad that just wouldn't be right.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - New Remotes & RDFs All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 15, 16, 17  Next
Page 3 of 17

Jump to: