JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Technika LCD22-218
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search (Closed)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The few keys that have a different label can be dealt with by giving them dual names.

$13 Skip- Teletext
$14 Skip+ Teletext Off
$21 AV TV/SAT
$22 Menu Services
$23 Radio Interactive
$2a ? Help
$2b Back Back Up
$2c PPV Box Office
$2d Guide TV Guide
$35 OK Select

However it does appear that there is an error in either the RDF or the key that you recorded as aspect ratio.

There is no way that FAV and Aspect Ratio can both be $24.

Also you need to have thes codes in your RDF, so that people accessing the codes that we know are in the 7550 can get these 3 devices and some other codes that may be helpful to people who need to access subtitles/CC or the -/-- functions.

$9 VCR
$0a DVD
$12 AMP

$18 -/--
$20 Subt
$84, Colour+
$85, Colour-
$86, Bright+
$87 Bright-

If this were me, I'd try to make them line up.

Tip: When creating an upgrade, always include ALL functions from the oem remote, even if you never plan on assigning them to a button. Complete function lists makes an upgrade more helpful to others.
roberthunt

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vickyg2003 wrote:

However it does appear that there is an error in either the RDF or the key that you recorded as aspect ratio.

There is no way that FAV and Aspect Ratio can both be $24.

I'll investigate that, seems a bit odd.
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since you double checked yours, that probably means we have an RDF error. There is no way that those two keys can have the same hex.

Tip: When creating an upgrade, always include ALL functions from the oem remote, even if you never plan on assigning them to a button. Complete function lists makes an upgrade more helpful to others.
Capn Trips
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chiming in on the 1 vs. 2 RDF discussion which is part of this thread - There is precedent to having SEPARATE RDFs for remotes sharing the same signature, specifically, the 30333033 signature shared by the Atlas 5-Device PVR remote (URC-1055) and the Atlas OCAP DVR remote (URC-1056). They share a signature, but there are significant external differences, so there are 2 separate RDFs. IR can handle this situation as when you download from the remote, it asks which of the multiple RDFs with the same signature you want to use.

My recommendation - 2 separate RDFs.

Remotes: OFA XSight Touch, AR XSight Touch
TVs: LG 65" Smart LED TV; Samsung QN850BF Series - 8K UHD Neo QLED LCD TV
RCVR: Onkyo TX-SR875; Integra DTR 40.3
DVD/VCR: Pioneer DV-400VK (multi-region DVD), Sony BDP-S350 (Blu-ray), Toshiba HD-A3 (HD-DVD), Panasonic AG-W1 (Multi-system VCR);
Laserdisc: Pioneer CLD-D704.
Amazon Firestick
tape deck: Pioneer CT 1380WR (double cassette deck)
(But I still have to get up for my beer)
mr_d_p_gumby
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vickyg2003 wrote:
There is no way that those two keys can have the same hex.
Well, that's not an absolute truth. Case in point, URC6131N. However, this should be double-checked to make sure.
3FG
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Radio Shack 15-133, 15-134, and 15-135 have the same signature but different RDFs.

Maybe I'm missing something, but if the remotes need different images and maps, don't the RDFs have to be different? The 7555 and 1660 are completely dfferent in appearance, and if the drag and drop functionality is to be preserved, I think we need separate RDFs.

BTW, 7555 and 7556 remotes have separate RDFs, and ironically the only significant difference in the RDFs [besides the keymap (standard, alternate) stuff], is the reversal of the names of 4 of the transport keys. The names attaced to the >> and << buttons in one RDF are attached to >>| and |<< in the other. My guess is that one of the RDFs is wrong.
roberthunt

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mr_d_p_gumby wrote:
Well, that's not an absolute truth. Case in point, URC6131N. However, this should be double-checked to make sure.

I've checked and the '16:9' key on my remote comes up as 'Fav' when I create a macro with it in so it must be correct.
3FG
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

roberthunt wrote:

I've checked and the '16:9' key on my remote comes up as 'Fav' when I create a macro with it in so it must be correct.

All that tells you is that the 7555 RDF has the name Fav attached to the key code (evidently $24). The remote only knows keycodes. IR uses the RDF to translate that into a button name.

The 7555 RDF may be wrong, or UEI may have multiply defined $24.
gfb107
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is possible to share an RDF but have different map files.

One example is the URC-6820, URC-8820, and URC-10820.
The #1 Code Search FAQ and it's answer (PLEASE READ FIRST)
roberthunt

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

3FG wrote:
All that tells you is that the 7555 RDF has the name Fav attached to the key code (evidently $24). The remote only knows keycodes. IR uses the RDF to translate that into a button name.

The 7555 RDF may be wrong, or UEI may have multiply defined $24.

I get it now, it appears that my key addresses that I posted on the last page are incorrect. It seems that I got confused when trying to figure out how to determine the address of the keys. I'll work on getting the correct ones now.

Thanks, we're getting there slowly.

See my next post below.

Last edited by roberthunt on Mon Nov 30, 2009 2:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When compared to othe remotes, $24 appears to be 16:9, just like Robert reported. None of the setup codes that correspond to these from other remotes have any value for FAV. So either there is a language barrier where FAV = Format 16:9 or there is some sort of error in the 7555 RDF.

Last edited by vickyg2003 on Mon Nov 30, 2009 2:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
roberthunt

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It seems all of my button addresses are actually correct, I've been through them all by assigning them to a macro and then inspecting the RAW HEX output. They match up perfectly with the ones I got initially (on page 2 of this thread).

I am still having trouble though, I have added all of the EFCs as functions in Remote Master and can assign them to my remote buttons using the map I created.

However when I load the upgrade into IR.exe and upload it to the remote the mappings are not correct. For example the 'UP Arrow' on the remote should map to channel up but it actually sends channel down. The 'DOWN Arrow' should map to channel down but it has no mapping at all, instead channel down is mapped to the menu button. I can't figure out what is going on.

I have changed the [Buttons] section in the RDF. Do I need to make any changes to the [ButtonMaps] or [DigitMaps] section to reflect any changes?
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

roberthunt wrote:

I am still having trouble though, I have added all of the EFCs as functions in Remote Master and can assign them to my remote buttons using the map I created.

However when I load the upgrade into IR.exe and upload it to the remote the mappings are not correct. For example the 'UP Arrow' on the remote should map to channel up but it actually sends channel down. The 'DOWN Arrow' should map to channel down but it has no mapping at all, instead channel down is mapped to the menu button. I can't figure out what is going on.

Did you ever, during your experiment start with an empty image, and add the upgrade and send up the upgrade? If yes, there may be "alternate keyboard" bits in the image that have not been identified. This can be corrected with a 981 reset. Then download from the remote before you add the upgrade.

Other problems that can cause this type of thing would be a bad protocols section, where there the protocol is using the wrong variant. That wouldn't be an issue with a NEC1.

Anything else would require an expert's help.

roberthunt

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My normal procedure has been a 981 reset, download, upgrade and then upload which has seemed to work fine.

I have just modified the [ButtonMaps] section in the RDF to remove everything apart from the 3 groups that are common to most remotes (numbers, channel navigation and volume/mute) for the TV device (0). This caused RemoteMaster to insert Key Moves for all of the keys that were missing. When I loaded that onto the remote every button works perfectly fine as it should.

What does this tell me? Does it mean that something in the [ButtonMaps] section is causing the mappings to be jumbled up? I don't really understand how the [ButtonMaps] section works or how to determine what goes in it, it's been guess work for me.
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bad idea. The button maps tell RM how to format the upgrade. This may have had an error, but you need an expert to make the modifcations.

Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search (Closed) All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: