JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Telenet RC-RW100 Digicorder

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Protocol Decodes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kmeuleman

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 5:33 am    Post subject: Telenet RC-RW100 Digicorder Reply with quote

Hi,

I was using the new "AV box not in the supported list" document to create a .bin file for my cable settop box and according to IR.exe it is using protocol 01BB.
However in RM I cannot select this protocol.

Can anyone tell me how I can procede in creating the .bin file ?
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 7:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please post the full brand name, model number, etc info on the box and please post the IR file that contains the learns.
kmeuleman

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 9:20 am    Post subject: Telenet RC-RW100 Digicorder Reply with quote

Hi Robman.
I uploaded the file Telenet RC-RW100 Digicorder.zip in the files forum.

The bin file is been asked for by multiple people for years now, so I decided to buy a JP1 remote URC-7780 and a JP1 cable, but now I am still stuck. Could anyone help me with this ?

It is working fine if I upload the included .wav on my remote. It contains both a CBL and VCR with similar codes. I included also a CBL2 withh learned codes from the original remote. If you need additional info, I also have a widget cable.
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When you upload files you should include a link. On busy days files in the diagnosis area can be very difficult to find.

Telenet RC-RW100 Digicorder.zip
gfb107
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You have a WAV file that you can load into the remote? After loading it, download with IR and you will see the raw upgrades for it.
Now use RM's Advanced -> Import Raw Upgrade to create a .rmdu file.
The #1 Code Search FAQ and it's answer (PLEASE READ FIRST)
Capn Trips
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Both the CBL and VCR WAV device upgrades use a Manual Settings Protocol. The CBL upgrade had two more functions than the VCR one, so here it is.

Need an expert to help convert the protocol into a Slingbox-compatible one.

Do you know which version of Slingbox you have? (JU, PL, RV?)

Code:
Upgrade protocol 0 = 01 BB (HCS08) Manual Settings: 01 BB (RM v1.94)
 20 17 22 47 21 C6 81 10 02 08 00 9C 00 9D 00 9C
 00 9D C3 23 00 00 00 00 08 CC FF 5F
End

Code:
Upgrade Code 0 = 3F 80 (Cable/1920) Telenet RC-RW100 Digicorder (RM v1.94)
 BB 00 FE FE FE E5 C0 25 15 02 05 06 09 0A 0D 0E
 11 12 26 29 22 2A 2D 16 21 2E 35 31 32 36 1E 3A
 55 1A 4D 4E 51 52 49 42 3E 41 46 45 56
End

Remotes: OFA XSight Touch, AR XSight Touch
TVs: LG 65" Smart LED TV; Samsung QN850BF Series - 8K UHD Neo QLED LCD TV
RCVR: Onkyo TX-SR875; Integra DTR 40.3
DVD/VCR: Pioneer DV-400VK (multi-region DVD), Sony BDP-S350 (Blu-ray), Toshiba HD-A3 (HD-DVD), Panasonic AG-W1 (Multi-system VCR);
Laserdisc: Pioneer CLD-D704.
Amazon Firestick
tape deck: Pioneer CT 1380WR (double cassette deck)
(But I still have to get up for my beer)
kmeuleman

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 6:22 pm    Post subject: Telenet Digicorder aka ADB-7100 Reply with quote

My slingbox has a HD extension connector, but it shows in the software it is a type 2, so according to what I found here in the forum it is a PL.

I am trying to figer out what to do with this info you gave me, but feel free to build the .bin file for me as I am about to leave for a while and that makes it a bit more difficult to build it myself.

While my primary goal is to get it working on my slingbox, I know there are several others also waiting for a .bin file and I don't know what type of box they have.

I am planning to figer out how this works anyway, as the content of the wav file is not completely covering all the buttons on the remote, but a prove of concept .bin would be a great stimulation.
kmeuleman

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 7:19 pm    Post subject: Need an expert to help convert the protocol into a Slingbox Reply with quote

I see what you mean with "Need an expert to help convert the protocol into a Slingbox-compatible one. ". I loaded the rmdu file and changed the remote to my slingbox, but from then on, I get warnings about the protocol not being supported by the remote.
I saved a .bin file and tried it on my clingbox, but it does not load as a custom extension.

Who can help converting Capn Trips .rmdu file into one that works on a PL slingbox ?

I have no idea where to begin
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try this RM file...
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=6970
kmeuleman

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 3:16 am    Post subject: Telenet RC-RW100 Digicorder Reply with quote

Thanks again, Robman, it works.
I will try to complete this the next comming days and post back the complete file as soon as I like it.
Thanks again for helping us all.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's what I did to decode this. First, I looked at the upgrades that were added by the WAV file, from them I got the protocol id that UEI had selected for this. However, as these upgrades were for an HCS08 remote, and the Slingbox requires S3C8 protocols, I was still going to have to create a new protocol.

So, I decoded the learned signals in the normal fashion. I rounded everything to 300 and selected Bi-Phase: EVEN. From there I was able to generate the binary for the signals. I converted the hex to binary for one of the buttons in the upgrade and used the results to verify that UEI was grabbing the last 8 bits of the signal as the variable data, which they are.

Next, I loaded the HCS08 protocol into PB and hit the Decode button, then changed the remote type to S3C8+ to get a protocol that would work in the Slingbox.

Just FYI, like a lot of other signals that I've decoded recently, even though there are 8 bits of variable data, the OBC is only really 7 because the last bit is a 1-bit checksum (where it's the complement of the preceding bit).

Next, I loaded all the binary data into a spreadsheet and I converted the last 8 bits into an OBC using bin2dec. Then I started a KM upgrade using Manual Settings and pasting the protocol code into the Notes section. I entered the right decimal device code values in order to get the right fixed data and I selected MSB and entered 8 for each of the dev and cmd codes. Over in the Functions sheet I select OBC mode and cut and paste the functions and OBCs from my work spreadsheet. Then I switched to EFC mode and changed the cmd bits to 7. This is a little trick that I do to get the OBCs to show up correctly and to get the checksum bit to generate correctly.

Next, I saved this file and then imported it into RM (I haven't had much luck starting a Manual Settings upgrade in RM) where I selected the Slingbox and assigned the functions to buttons.
kmeuleman

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 8:28 pm    Post subject: Telenet RC-RW100 Digicorder Reply with quote

I posted a more complete binary file as

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=7083

As the slingbox remote has not enough buttons, you will have to look at the custom buttons, as well as under some other buttons without function.

Thanks for the above info, robman. It allowed me to easily create the missing codes. wouldn't have been possible without your knowledge.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Protocol Decodes All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: