JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Shift Lock???
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MPSAN

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 5:40 pm    Post subject: Shift Lock??? Reply with quote

Well, I have looked and do not see how to do what I think would be cool. Can you all tell I am upgrading to new TV's and a Comcast DVR? Very Happy
I am using a 2117 and Ext2.

There are a few functions on the DVR (6412) that would be nice to have, but I use very little. I thought that it would be great to be able to use the channel up/down for surfing as usual, but if there was a SHIFT LOCK function, I could shift it once and use the Channel up/down for a Page Up/Page down until I unlocked the shift.

Is there a way to do this so I don't tie up any more keys?

TIA,
Dave
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You could create 2 seperate upgrades, one with the CH buttons as normal and another with them programmed as PAGE buttons. Then you could use the device toggler to switch between the two upgrades. The button that you program to toggle the codes would in effect be your SHIFT-LOCK button.
MPSAN

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, now I have to read about a "device toggler" too!! Very Happy

Anyway, I am wondering if I am going to run out of room doing all this?

Perhaps the 2nd device could only have "shifted" keys and not the whole 6412.
MPSAN

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rob, got the device toggler file but it does not list my 15-2117's. Which one should I use or did I d/l an older devicetoggle.txt file?
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you're using the Special Protocols spreadsheet, the 15-2116 is the same as the 15-2117, so you can select that and use it.
MPSAN

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I knew that, Rob, but I use RM and downloaded Devicetoggle.txt from the files section. Is that wrong?
I just got the special 1.17beta so perhaps that is what you meant.

The Robman wrote:
If you're using the Special Protocols spreadsheet, the 15-2116 is the same as the 15-2117, so you can select that and use it.

pH7_jp1

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just set up LKP on the CH+ and CH- to be Page+ and Page-. So, to get the page functions, I just need to hold the CH keys a bit longer.
gfb107
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm visiting my parents, who have recently switched to Adelphia Cable and their DVR, the SA Explorer 8300HD. He hardly uses the CH+/CH- at all. He channel surfs using the guide. So, I just programmed CH+/CH- as Page+/Page-.

I just have to say it, being a DirecTiVo user, I just can't stand the SA Explorer 8300HD. Among many other big flaws, the absolute worst is watching a recorded program "behind-live". When the program reaches the end of it's scheduled time (but I'm watching behind), the darn thing just jumps to live TV. So I push the List button, and navigate to my recording, and try to play it. But it doesn't remember where in the recording I was watching! It starts at the beginning again!. So I have to fast forward to where I was before. But it doesn't have the "ticks" in the progress bar I am used to so I can jump ahead faster than the fastest fast forward speed. In a multi-hour recording ( movies or sports) this is really painful.
The #1 Code Search FAQ and it's answer (PLEASE READ FIRST)
MPSAN

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I could try LKP (never did get it going). How Long a delay do you use? Wouldn't it get to be a pain to have to hold it for a bit on each page down?

pH7_jp1 wrote:
I just set up LKP on the CH+ and CH- to be Page+ and Page-. So, to get the page functions, I just need to hold the CH keys a bit longer.

The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MPSAN wrote:
I knew that, Rob, but I use RM and downloaded Devicetoggle.txt from the files section. Is that wrong?
I just got the special 1.17beta so perhaps that is what you meant.

I'm not sure what you downloaded or what you'e using, and RM has nothing to do with it.

Here is a link to the current SP spreadsheet...
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=1768

When you unzip that file, among some text files you will see an excel spreadsheet. Double click on this to fire it up. In cell B3, you will see a drop down box where you can select which special protocol you want to use, in this case select "Device Toggler". Then in cell B5 you'll see a drop down where you can select which remote you're using, in this case select 15-2116. That is enough to format the device and protocol upgrades, which come out as follows...

Device Upgrade:
Upgrade code 0 = 0C 4E (TV/1102)
FD 00 01
End

Protocol Upgrade:
Upgrade protocol 0 = 01 FD (S3C8)
00 00 02 08 77 02 00 06 C0 4E B5 C0 03 F5 03 C0
0E B5 C0 04 F5 04 C0 AF
End

Next, use the "Other Data" cells (G27-K27) to get the spreadsheet to format the hex data for the keymove. Enter the device type of the first setup code (eg, TV, VCR, CD, etc) in cell G27, then enter the setup code number (eg, 1234) in cell H27. Then enter the device type of the 2nd setup code in cell I27 and it's number in J27. The resultant hex will appear in cell K27.

Now, copy the 2-part upgrade over to your IR file, then create a keymove that points to the TV/1102 upgrade. Select the "hex" radio button and enter the hex that SP gave you.

Last edited by The Robman on Tue Sep 20, 2005 7:07 am; edited 1 time in total
Capn Trips
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 3:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rob, I notice that your recommendation has shifted from Device Toggler to Device Multiplexor.

Just to avoid confusion, (or, perhaps compound any) if I'm not mistaken, these are two distinct protocols, either of which can be used to tackle MPSAN's challenge.

Device toggler allows precisely the specific behaviour requested ("Push a button to select a different set of functions within a particular device button and the same button to switch back")

Device Multiplexor allows "piling up" more than one device code on a single device button, and selection is not "toggled"per se, but is selected by a 2-button sequence, one to select one upgrade, a second to select another, and so on.

Having used NEITHER of these, it appears that the device multiplexor "costs" less memory usage and provides somewhat greater customizability, but at the cost of the simple "push one button to alternate between two modes" functionality.

So MPSAN, choose your poison. Either should work, and the readme's in the spreadsheet Rob referenced above are pretty clear, it seems.

Remotes: OFA XSight Touch, AR XSight Touch
TVs: LG 65" Smart LED TV; Samsung QN850BF Series - 8K UHD Neo QLED LCD TV
RCVR: Onkyo TX-SR875; Integra DTR 40.3
DVD/VCR: Pioneer DV-400VK (multi-region DVD), Sony BDP-S350 (Blu-ray), Toshiba HD-A3 (HD-DVD), Panasonic AG-W1 (Multi-system VCR);
Laserdisc: Pioneer CLD-D704.
Amazon Firestick
tape deck: Pioneer CT 1380WR (double cassette deck)
(But I still have to get up for my beer)
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 7:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That was a one-word typo which I have corrected.
pH7_jp1

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MPSAN wrote:
Yes, I could try LKP (never did get it going). How Long a delay do you use? Wouldn't it get to be a pain to have to hold it for a bit on each page down?

Actually, I remembered about 8 hours after I wrote my post that I really used the LKP on the Up Arrow and Down Arrow since I wanted the page up & page down while navigating the guide. I don't remember what value I used, but it was pretty short. Up or Down was just a quick normal jab of the arrow key while the page was just a little more deliberate, but not really a very long hold of the key.
MPSAN

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you everyone. I will try them. Also, Rob, I got your latest file. I had version B.

LKP may be what I want...just need to get it going.
MPSAN

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I see that the Spreadsheets are not working well in StarOffice. The dropdown boxes are not there. OH well, may have to calculate by hand.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: