JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

IR & KM need help Please - Chinese Excel
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mark Pierson
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2003 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been looking for a cause to this and keep coming up empty. That leads me back to my intial thoughts about it being connected to the Chinese version of Excel.

Office XP has an app called "Microsoft Office XP Language Settings", which can be found in the Start menu under Programs|Microsoft Office Tools. When you run it, it will display the Enabled languages. I don't know if this will work, or if it will adversely affect anything else, but you can try enabling "English (U.S.)" to see if that helps.

If this doesn't work to resolve the problem, I'm afraid I don't know what else to do to fix it.

Another unrelated question: when you first opened KM, did you get any messages about the Toolpak names needing to be redefined?
gfb107
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2003 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you don't have any luck getting KM working, you might consider giving RM a try.
The #1 Code Search FAQ and it's answer (PLEASE READ FIRST)
xgamer123

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2003 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mark Pierson wrote:
The Shift settings on individual buttons have nothing to do with the extender.

To activate the extender, press TV and then Power after EVERY reset of the remote. The LED should blink times if it activates properly. You need to do this everytime you up or download in IR, and usually when you change batteries.

I've tried to activate extender after I wrote new modified data. I press TV then Power after RC automatic reset for two blinks. My 8017 only blink when I press each key likes response for I press that key. It doesn't look I've activated it. Any other place or sign that I can tell it is activated?

When first time I ran KM, it said not recognize or compatible toolpak with Chinese ...... something like that. I installed toolpak into Tools, then I can use it for copy and paste only now. I'll try to enable language set.

Some m8s said RM doesn't work on some models. And I downloaded v8.01, it doesn't even works on setup for I don't have some JAVA tools. That's why I never try it.
Mark Pierson
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2003 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

xgamer123 wrote:
I've tried to activate extender after I wrote new modified data. I press TV then Power after RC automatic reset for two blinks. My 8017 only blink when I press each key likes response for I press that key. It doesn't look I've activated it. Any other place or sign that I can tell it is activated?

That sounds like it's not installed properly. If you're simply trying to do a File|New in IR and selecting the extender RDF, it won't work. Go back and re-read the install instructions to make sure you get the actual extender code uploaded to the remote properly.

Quote:
When first time I ran KM, it said not recognize or compatible toolpak with Chinese ...... something like that. I installed toolpak into Tools, then I can use it for copy and paste only now. I'll try to enable language set.

The Toolpak isn't used for copy and paste; it's used for KM's calculations. KM will NOT calculate properly without the Toolpak. Are there any error messages showing on KM's Setup sheet (they would be white text on a red background)?
gfb107
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2003 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

xgamer123 wrote:
Some m8s said RM doesn't work on some models. And I downloaded v8.01, it doesn't even works on setup for I don't have some JAVA tools. That's why I never try it.

RM works the URC-8011, so you should be OK there. There are some protocols it doesn't support, but I can't tell from the discussion so far what protocols you need.

It might be worth downloading and installing Java, since you don't seem to be making much progress with KM. Installation instructions and links to required software for RM are available at http://controlremote.sourceforge.net/install.html
The #1 Code Search FAQ and it's answer (PLEASE READ FIRST)
xgamer123

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2003 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@Mark Pierson,
Hey it works. I setup MS office language setting's default version to English US. I can save my own preferred key position data file now. I think KM needs get rid of international language restrict in VB scripts.

Now, how to use import function?

@gfb107,
I'll try it. Thanks.
Mark Pierson
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2003 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

xgamer123 wrote:
Hey it works.
That's good to hear because I was all out of ideas! Wink

Quote:
I think KM needs get rid of international language restrict in VB scripts.
As far as I can tell, VBA is supposed to default to U.S. English (at least according to some stuff I found at MSKB).

Quote:
Now, how to use import function?
Read the "keymap-master-Import-Button.txt" file included in the zip... it's all explained in there.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Software All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: