JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Sears DVD Recorder (57-30038)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search (Closed)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ronwild41

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2004 1:02 pm    Post subject: Sears DVD Recorder (57-30038) Reply with quote

I recently purchased this unit and I am looking for the 4 digit code for it.

Can anyone help?

Thanks....Ron
Mark Pierson
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2004 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please read the #1 Code Search FAQ (see link below).
ronwild41

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2004 1:31 pm    Post subject: My Unit Reply with quote

1. Device: Sears 57 30038
2. Type of device: DVD player
3. Remote model: 15-1994
4. JP1 user? Yes
5. Still have original remote? Yes
6. Checked Yahoo file section? Yes
7. Checked Pronto file section Yes
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2004 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The #1 FAQ wrote:
Finally, if your JP1 remote is a learning remote and you do have the original remote, please explain what is preventing you from using learning to capture the signals and then you building an upgrade yourself. Answers such as "I'm too lazy" are not acceptable.

You didn't answer this question from the #1 FAQ.
johnsfine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2004 3:12 pm    Post subject: Re: My Unit Reply with quote

ronwild41 wrote:
1. Device: Sears 57 30038

People asking for remote control help often over estimate the odds of the post being seen by someone who has the exact same model. It's quite unlikely. It's still worth posting the model (and Rob said you're required to) but don't plan on that being the solution.

Once you've looked at the Yahoo and RC file areas and failed to find a match, you've eliminated most of the chances of finding one.

With many brands and models you don't need an exact match. If it's a Toshiba TV, we know the remote control signals before asking the model because they're mostly all the same.

I'm sure you know without my telling you, that Sears doesn't make DVD players. So a "Sears" DVD could be almost anything, any company willing to put Sears' brand name on it in return for a large sale. So unless we did recognise the model "Sears" tells us nothing.

But often there is evidence left somewhere on the device about what brand it really is.

Rob's answer (learning and decoding the signals yourself) is much better, unless you're one of the people who recently misread what the "JP1 user" question meant. So everything about finding the real brand etc. is just a fall back in case there's a good reason you can't do it that way.
ronwild41

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2004 11:52 am    Post subject: JP1 For Sears DVDR Reply with quote

I loaded all the commands from the Sears remote into my 1594, determined the EFC codes, created the keymap master file and transferred it to IR, and then to the remote.

The 1594 will still not operate the Sears DVDR. Only those commands I loaded into the smart keys 1S-4S work.

What did I do wrong?

I checked all the EFC codes in IR and they match those I "learned" from the original remote.

Thanks....Ron
gfb107
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2004 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You'll have to post copies of your IR file with the learned signals, and of the KM file you built.

ZIP them together, put a copy in the Diagnosis Area, then post a link to your file here. Make sure you read the directions for posting links to Yahoo files.
The #1 Code Search FAQ and it's answer (PLEASE READ FIRST)
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2004 12:19 pm    Post subject: Re: JP1 For Sears DVDR Reply with quote

ronwild41 wrote:
I loaded all the commands from the Sears remote into my 1594, determined the EFC codes, created the keymap master file and transferred it to IR, and then to the remote.

EFCs are not the only component of an IR signal, there's also a protocol and 1 or 2 device codes. Did you just forget to mention them, or did you forget to copy them?

ronwild41 wrote:
The 1594 will still not operate the Sears DVDR. Only those commands I loaded into the smart keys 1S-4S work.

Now you got me. Unless you still have learned signals on those buttons, I've got no idea.

ps. I assume by 1594 you really mean the 15-1994. It's a good idea to use the full model numbers for remotes as some of them have very similar model numbers.
ronwild41

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2004 12:28 pm    Post subject: Sears DVDR Reply with quote

The url is:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/jp1/files/Diagnosis%20Area/keymap-master-sears-dvdr.zip

Thanks....Ron
Mark Pierson
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2004 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A) Your link is not quite correct.

B) There's no need to include the KM .xls file!

c) There's no device parameters entered on the Setup sheet for the protocol.
johnsfine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2004 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I fixed the link in Ron's post

The learned signals are NEC1 protocol, device 32, no subdevice.
The upgrade has the protocol right and correctly has the subdevice blank, but needs to have the device 32 specified (in cell C9 on KM's setup sheet).

As Rob said, the reason that 1s through 4s still work is you still have the learned signals on those keys. Loading an upgrade doesn't replace or override learned signals. Usually we remove all learned signals from a device mode when testing an upgrade to avoid risk of confusing ourselves about which is being tested. But since you only learned to those 4 keys and didn't assign those on Km's buttons sheet, you probably aren't confused about what signals those are.

BTW, you can learn onto almost any key. The fact that all your learned signals are on the 1s through 4s keys (in 5 different device modes) makes me suspect you believed the misleading statement in the oficial documentation that only those keys can be used for learning.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2004 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I deleted the KM spreadsheet from his file.
ronwild41

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2004 12:22 pm    Post subject: Sears DVDR Reply with quote

Thanks for all the help.......Ron
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2004 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Once you get it working, be sure to load your KM file into the file section.

UPDATE: the file is here:
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=1225
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search (Closed) All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: