JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Emerson SLC195EM8 Code for Atlas 11055BC2
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search (Closed)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hitophikers

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 11:49 pm    Post subject: Emerson SLC195EM8 Code for Atlas 11055BC2 Reply with quote

1. Device: Emerson SLC195EM8
2. Type of device: 19" LCD TV
3. Year: 2007
4. JP1/UEI Remote model: JP1.3/Atlas 11055BC2 from Shaw (Canada)
5. Do you have a JP1 cable? No
6. Still have original remote? Yes
7. Checked the file section? Yes
8. Checked Pronto file section (at R/C)? Yes
9. Partially working setup code? No
10. Learning remote question? This remote is supposed to be a "learning" remote "11" prefix, but it does not seem to want to learn anything.

I have been unable to find ANY code to operate this TV. Tried Sylvania, Symphonic and Funai as they are made by the parent company Funai with no results. Also tried the "auto" mode and stepped through over a hundred, still no results.

The JP1 "files section" says "use learning" for this series of remotes but the code for learning is not checked.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
Capn Trips
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 7:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

First: Are you following the correct learning procedure? If you cannot learn the signals, without a cable you would be out of luck anyways, even if someone had an upgrade for you.

Remotes: OFA XSight Touch, AR XSight Touch
TVs: LG 65" Smart LED TV; Samsung QN850BF Series - 8K UHD Neo QLED LCD TV
RCVR: Onkyo TX-SR875; Integra DTR 40.3
DVD/VCR: Pioneer DV-400VK (multi-region DVD), Sony BDP-S350 (Blu-ray), Toshiba HD-A3 (HD-DVD), Panasonic AG-W1 (Multi-system VCR);
Laserdisc: Pioneer CLD-D704.
Amazon Firestick
tape deck: Pioneer CT 1380WR (double cassette deck)
(But I still have to get up for my beer)
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The learning question is only relevant if you have a cable, the idea being that you would learn the signals then download them so you can build an upgrade using the data that you learned.

Without a cable, it doesn't much matter if learning works and it doesn't matter if we have an upgrade available, because you would have no way of loading it into the remote.
Capn Trips
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with you Rob, insofar as getting an upgrade created and entered goes, but... if he could learn the signals, he could use the learned signals directly without using an upgrade, so it seems there is still benefit to be had from solving the learning problem. (On the other hand, it may simply not be a learner. I don't claim that the Atlas chart is 100% correct. There are a number of guesses regarding the numbering scheme.)

Remotes: OFA XSight Touch, AR XSight Touch
TVs: LG 65" Smart LED TV; Samsung QN850BF Series - 8K UHD Neo QLED LCD TV
RCVR: Onkyo TX-SR875; Integra DTR 40.3
DVD/VCR: Pioneer DV-400VK (multi-region DVD), Sony BDP-S350 (Blu-ray), Toshiba HD-A3 (HD-DVD), Panasonic AG-W1 (Multi-system VCR);
Laserdisc: Pioneer CLD-D704.
Amazon Firestick
tape deck: Pioneer CT 1380WR (double cassette deck)
(But I still have to get up for my beer)
hitophikers

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 7:01 pm    Post subject: Learning Remote Reply with quote

This remotes manual explains on page 12 the learning procedure. It all goes according to plan until the point you actually tell the Atlas as to which device/button it is to learn. Then I get a long red flash which indicates an error. This is the same error code that I get on any Atlas, even those that are not known to be learners.

However, as stated above, Atlas may not be 100% with their product line and model numbers as to the actual components mounted on the circuit board. This one is a 11055BC2 and the double "1" usually indicates a learning remote -- they just forgot to tell it to listen apparently.
MaskedMan
Tivo Expert

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you're hoping for a code forget it, they're no preprogrammed universal or oem remotes with code for the current emerson/sylvanias.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you tried learning from an ordinary remote? This would prove whether the remote just can't learn or whether the Emerson remote is sending a difficult signal.
hitophikers

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 3:48 pm    Post subject: Remote appears to not be a "true learner" Reply with quote

Right off, I tried several of my remotes that were successful with other learning remotes and none of them worked. So, I tried the Emerson on a different learner and it worked.

So, this remote, even though the part number indicates it should be a learner, it falls short on the learning process on page 12 of its manual.

After pressing SETUP (2 blinks) >> 975 (2 blinks) >> TV (1 blink) -- at this point all is as described in the manual.

Placing the Atlas and original 2" apart as described, press the device to be programmed (TV) then hold the key to be programed (any) on the original remote. The Atlas LED should blink rapidly (where it fails), as it does not appear to be receiving (decoding) anything from any remote I've tried.

Sounds like all the parts are not installed to received IR communications even though the accompanying manual says otherwise.

I saw a post about the mod to this series, but can not find it now. If you have the link, please post it.

Thanks.
Jon

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't suppose by any chance anyone has come across a working code/file for this TV yet? I have a friend that has this model & am about to try getting it programmed on a remote. I have an 8910 that I believe I should be able to learn it with if need be, then plan on transferring the file to an old Millenium cable remote. By far my favorite remote issued from the cable company. Of course the silver series of current cable remotes don't work the TV, but figured I'd check to see if anyone has made any progress to save me a little work. I've never tackled learning & transferring/creating to a file & figure it's going to take some time.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The URC-8910 is definitely a learning remote, so assuming that this TV doesn't use an unusual IR signal, you should have no problem learning the buttons and creating an upgrade based on that data.

Read this...
http://www.hifi-remote.com/jp1/help/
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jon wrote:
...Of course the silver series of current cable remotes don't work the TV...

FWIW, if THIS is the silver remote you're talking about, you could download whatever upgrade you come up with via a JP1.3 cable. A link to the RDF is a couple of posts down.
Jon

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mdavej wrote:
Jon wrote:
...Of course the silver series of current cable remotes don't work the TV...

FWIW, if THIS is the silver remote you're talking about, you could download whatever upgrade you come up with via a JP1.3 cable. A link to the RDF is a couple of posts down.

Thanks but that's not the remote we have around here, we have THIS ONE, which is also JP1.3 but as I said, THIS ONE is my personal favorite for small setups (if you're not familiar with it, it has a little door that slides down at the bottom covering another 14 buttons) and it's JP1 (which I already have the cable for). The one I'm using right now does my TV, DVD player & Moto DVR. It's a nicely sized/layed out remote and I have a couple laying around the house. Smile
StillLearning

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jon

I just posted a RM file for a Emerson LC320EM8A-81. Files TV

Maybe that will work for your Emerson.

StillLearning
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's a link to the file...
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=5957
Jon

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That looks promising, it's the same series TV. I'll try it later this week. Thanks! Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search (Closed) All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: