JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Help with Atlas Remote

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jpatterson

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 3:31 pm    Post subject: Help with Atlas Remote Reply with quote

I currently have a URC 9910 with the extender. It is getting kind of beaten up and I have recently put a Scientific Atlantic Receiver in the mix, so I want to use the Atlas remote (Identified by IR as Atlas 5-Device PVR Day 3000) for the page+/- keys on the SA. I plan to use the extender for this, but before I do this, I just want to be able to control all of my devices with it.

The 2 devices I am having trouble with, I can control with the URC. They are a DirecTV D12-300 sat (dev 143 on the URC) and an RCA RT2350 receiver (1254 on the URC). The receiver is working for volume, but not device selection. I think I just need to put the correct protocol and device defs into the Atlas remote, but it doesn't seem to work for me. I am wondering if the device needs to have the extender before this will work?

I think I have done this correctly, but for some reason, I cannot manage to figure out what I am doing wrong

Any guidance would be most appreciated, thanks
Capn Trips
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's unlear whether you are using a device upgrade or a built-in setup code for the units. Device upgrades or built-in setup codes work (if they are correct) whether or not the extender is installed and used, so you have a problem with your setup code or upgrade.

It's easier to troubleshoot if you provide any files that are germane to your description - in this case, the IR file for the 9910 that works, the IR file for the Atlas that doesn't and any Device Upgrade files that you use in both setups. Upload them to the diagnosis section and provide links here and somebody will take a look.

As for the extender, I strongly recommend that you do NOT try to implement the extender yet. It is still in beta-testing and there are some serious glitches related to device-selection, so you really should stick with the UNextended remote to nail down your device upgrades first. THEN, if you want to help, you can dive into the extender and help the ongoing troubleshooting/development effort.

Remotes: OFA XSight Touch, AR XSight Touch
TVs: LG 65" Smart LED TV; Samsung QN850BF Series - 8K UHD Neo QLED LCD TV
RCVR: Onkyo TX-SR875; Integra DTR 40.3
DVD/VCR: Pioneer DV-400VK (multi-region DVD), Sony BDP-S350 (Blu-ray), Toshiba HD-A3 (HD-DVD), Panasonic AG-W1 (Multi-system VCR);
Laserdisc: Pioneer CLD-D704.
Amazon Firestick
tape deck: Pioneer CT 1380WR (double cassette deck)
(But I still have to get up for my beer)
jpatterson

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 6:53 pm    Post subject: More... Reply with quote

I have tried the built in code for the receiver and have used a device upgrade for the Sat. I have put the IR files in the diagnosis area http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=5418. I am thinking that I might jsut not have the correct device upgrade for the satelite (have tried 2 different ones, but neither does anything. the receiver one is more puzzling because the volume will work, but my key moves do not. These are the key moves mapped to the rew,play and ffwd in audio on the Atlas and one mapped to L1 in the URC to verify that the URC is working.

So I was thinking that the sat device built in on the URC is jsut not supported on the Atlas and I need to find the right device, but I have tried most of the satellite receivers in the devices area and none of them do anything. It is a DirecTV D12-300 (no Tivo)

Thanks for the note Capn, hopefully this is jsut something silly I have missed

[/url]
jpatterson

PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 11:42 pm    Post subject: Gettting Better.... Reply with quote

OK! progress.. I got the DirecTV working... I found a built in code that operated it (1377). So now this is getting pretty close.

there are 2 remaining issues..
1) the key moves for device selection on the receiver still do not work on the Atlas (working fine on the URC)

2) The Volume lock is working in every mode except my newly set aux mode for DirecTV (Sat 1377)
Capn Trips
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 6:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure if this will help but...

Support for the Atlas JP1.3 remotes is pretty new, and we (well, at least I) have seen that they have VERY robust pre-programmed device-mode locks. i.e. I have seen the PIP keys ALWAYS work TV-mode functions, and the transport buttons ALWAYS work VCR or DVD-mode functions, no matter WHAT device you have selected (the exception being the CBL device - which seems to trump everything). So I suspect you are seeing similar behaviour, in that the PIP and Transport buttons don't "believe" that they are in AUD mode so don't execute the keymoves.

Try assigning those Audio device keymoves to the NUMERIC buttons (or shifted NUMERIC buttons) on the Atlas and see if they work.

As for the VPT not working in AUX mode, that appears to be due to a "mismatch" between the device type of your upgrade (CBL) and the "natural" device type of the AUX button (which I believe is VCR). VPT "breaks" (doesn't work) in those cases.

There are two workarounds. Make three keymoves for the Vol+/- and Mute buttons in AUX mode, or change your upgrade to use a VCR device type rather than CBL. Since you have plenty of memory, the keymoves is probably simpler.

DVD/VCR: Pioneer DV-400VK (multi-region DVD), Sony BDP-S350 (Blu-ray), Toshiba HD-A3 (HD-DVD), Panasonic AG-W1 (Multi-system VCR);
Amazon Firestick
kupakai

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 6:53 am    Post subject: Re: Gettting Better.... Reply with quote

jpatterson wrote:

1) the key moves for device selection on the receiver still do not work on the Atlas (working fine on the URC)

Where did you get the number you put in the "EFC/HEX Cmd" box for the key moves? It seems like you just copied the number from the 9910 to the Atlas, and that won't work because the executor for the protocol you are using is very different between the two remotes. You need to go through Remotemaster and put in the correct device number and OBC to get the EFC to put in IR. For example, for the key move you have on "PIP_On/Off" (the one that has EFC 61695 currently), try EFC 18176 instead, and see if that works.
jpatterson

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 8:20 am    Post subject: This is getting close... Reply with quote

Thanks, Capn... the key move thing worked perfectly...

So now it is just this receiver... I used the same Hex code because it is the same built in device number on both remotes... I thought that meant the codes would be identical.. I will try what you suggest kupa.

Thanks for the assistance
jpatterson

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 10:57 am    Post subject: Ok, I guess I am dumb Reply with quote

Kupa, that code worked! So I have set it upon myself to figure out why, but I have been unable to figure this out.. my problem is (I think) that this is a built in protocol on the URC, so I am unable to figure out what to put into RM or KM to make it do the calculations for me. I need some mechanism by which I can say efc x on URC = efc y on Atlas, but I cannot figure out what that is...

Sorry for pestering, I have tried a bunch of stuff to try to figure this, but I cannot seem to discern how you came up with that correct 18176

Thanks for your assistance, this is the last thing, I promise Smile
Capn Trips
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 12:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Ok, I guess I am dumb Reply with quote

jpatterson wrote:
Kupa, that code worked! So I have set it upon myself to figure out why, but I have been unable to figure this out.. my problem is (I think) that this is a built in protocol on the URC, so I am unable to figure out what to put into RM or KM to make it do the calculations for me. I need some mechanism by which I can say efc x on URC = efc y on Atlas, but I cannot figure out what that is...

Sorry for pestering, I have tried a bunch of stuff to try to figure this, but I cannot seem to discern how you came up with that correct 18176

Thanks for your assistance, this is the last thing, I promise Smile
Use this upgrade from the file section. Open it using RemoteMaster (not sure why, but Keymap-Master ultimately gives you the wrong EFC-5s). Then clean up the file (delete the blank functions on the functions page) and change the remote to your Atlas and "Voila!" your EFC-5's are calculated and displayed.

Amazon Firestick
kupakai

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just open up an upgrade file for similar model like this one in Remotemaster, and change the remote to "Atlas 5 Day URC-1055 JP1.3 3000" and the EFC5 should convert correctly.
jpatterson

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 3:47 pm    Post subject: Thanks Kupa Reply with quote

That worked perfectly...

Thanks everyone for the assistance!
mr_d_p_gumby
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 3:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Ok, I guess I am dumb Reply with quote

Capn Trips wrote:
(not sure why, but Keymap-Master ultimately gives you the wrong EFC-5s)
How so? When I open that file, it is set to the URC-9910, and the DVD-Input function has an EFC of 61695. After changing it to the 'Atlas 5 Day URC-1055 JP1.3 3000' remote, the DVD-Input correctly shows an EFC of 18176. This is because the two remotes use different executor versions (as kupakai said).
Capn Trips
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I did precisely that, the EFC-5 remained the same (61695).

Maybe I have an outdated version of KM - will check.

EDIT: Just checked and I have KM 9.12, which matches the currect version in the Tools>Main section. EFC-5's remain unchanged when I switch from 8910/9910/HTPro to the Atlas 5 Day URC 1055 JP1.3 3000. I even changed the Protocol between both RCA Combo and RCA Combo2.

Amazon Firestick

Last edited by Capn Trips on Mon Mar 03, 2008 4:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
mr_d_p_gumby
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Capn Trips wrote:
Maybe I have an outdated version of KM - will check.
Oops! Embarassed My bad! I was using the beta copy of the NEXT KM version where the bug with the RCA Combo protocol has been fixed.
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow I must have been asleep at the switch when you put out keymaster 9.12.

Now that I see that there is a beta version, is there any hope of adding support for the JP1.2 Comcast remote?
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: