JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Modix HD-3520

View previous topic :: View next topic  
fluffynicesheep

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 2:35 pm    Post subject: Modix HD-3520 Reply with quote

I currently have a One For All Remote with JP1 cable, and have attempted to upload my details from remote using the IR Software.

Unfortunately each time, I try this the remote control stops working and nothing uploads - I have tried all the battery tricks, pressing buttons etc, but no luck.

Rolling Eyes Before I start again, I just thought i'd post to see if anyone here has the codes available for the Modix HD-3520 mpeg 4 player.

Many thanks
Capn Trips
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What remote do you have? Are you sure it's a JP1 and not a JP1.1, or 1.2 or 1.3? The latter use a different cable than the former.

Remotes: OFA XSight Touch, AR XSight Touch
TVs: LG 65" Smart LED TV; Samsung QN850BF Series - 8K UHD Neo QLED LCD TV
RCVR: Onkyo TX-SR875; Integra DTR 40.3
DVD/VCR: Pioneer DV-400VK (multi-region DVD), Sony BDP-S350 (Blu-ray), Toshiba HD-A3 (HD-DVD), Panasonic AG-W1 (Multi-system VCR);
Laserdisc: Pioneer CLD-D704.
Amazon Firestick
tape deck: Pioneer CT 1380WR (double cassette deck)
(But I still have to get up for my beer)
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First thing that I see is you are saying upload from ther remote when its DOWNLOAD from the remote. If you are uploading when you are supposed to be downloading this could be a big issue.

The next thing you need to do is make sure all your software and DLL's are up to date. There have been intermittant problems with the software on this site. Make sure you have the latest and greatest IR, RDF's and DLL's.

Beyond that we need to know the type of interface and remote you are using. Are they compatible?

Did you make your own interface or buy it prebuilt?

Give us a little more to go on please.
fluffynicesheep

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

I am using a one for all URC 7560 - which I believe is a JP1 compatible remote - as it has the correct interphase on it.

I have purchased a ready-to-go standard JP1 (parallel port) and connected the lead as per the instructions.

I also followed the instructions and hopefully downloaded all the correct programs.

It is then when I open the IR program, select the parallel port and click on the download from remote that it states that nothing is connected, and when I remove the lead from the remote, all my codes and everything have disappeared.

I must be doing something strange, or does this work more effectively with a USB connection?

Many thanks

Dan
Capn Trips
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The parallel JP1 interface should work fine with your remote, which is JP1, not JP1.2, 1.2, nor 1.3. Have you tried reversing the orientation of the 6-pin connector when you plug it in?

Also, what does
fluffynicesheep wrote:
when I remove the lead from the remote, all my codes and everything have disappeared.
mean? The codes displayed in IR go blank? Your remote has suddenly lost its programming that you hacd previously done manually?

Try to explain in more detail both your actions and the symptoms, and perhaps someone will be able to recognize an error.

DVD/VCR: Pioneer DV-400VK (multi-region DVD), Sony BDP-S350 (Blu-ray), Toshiba HD-A3 (HD-DVD), Panasonic AG-W1 (Multi-system VCR);
Amazon Firestick
fluffynicesheep

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

Yes I have reversed the orientation of the 6-pin connector when I plugged it in,

Unfortunately codes do not get downloaded to the IR program, as the program does not recognise that my remote is connected.

When I said "when I remove the lead from the remote, all my codes and everything have disappeared". I meant that the remote control itself had lost all codes/macros/programming etc.

Sorry about that.
Capn Trips
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whe you attempt an upload or download, what does the remote's LED indicate (and/or the LED icon in the lower left hand corner of IR?)

Have you tried the Interface>Check Interface test? What are the results with different orientations of the connector?

Amazon Firestick
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Slingbox All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: