JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Remote Codes for Kreatel VIP1760 and Kreatel IP-STB 501

View previous topic :: View next topic  
KRuSTY76

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 8:14 am    Post subject: Remote Codes for Kreatel VIP1760 and Kreatel IP-STB 501 Reply with quote

Hi,
I've got a slingbox PRO (US version) and I would like to be able to remote control my Kreatel VIP1760 as well as Kreatel IP-STB 501 (all set-top boxes for IPTV). Anyone would know where / how I would get support for these units? It seems the UK version got support, but Slingbox says the US version does not support these units... strange, I'd say.

Looking forward to getting some tips on how to solve my problem.

Cheers!
binky123
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you have more info on what type and code is used in the UK version? Maybe someone can look up the info for that setup code and you can use that info to build your own upgrade for the USA version using RemoteMaster.
KRuSTY76

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 7:50 am    Post subject: Remote Codes for Kreatel VIP1760 and Kreatel IP-STB 501 Reply with quote

Hi,

No, I don't have any idea about what type and code is used in the UK version. I think we need some help from someone who has the UK version to be able to tell us that.

Anyone who can assist?
binky123
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 7:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I searched for Kreatel and found this thread.
KRuSTY76

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 8:54 am    Post subject: Remote Codes for Kreatel VIP1760 and Kreatel IP-STB 501 Reply with quote

Hi,
Yes. I have checked that one, too. However, the unit is not the one I am looking for (other model) and the linked file does not exist.

It's not easy...
binky123
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure I understand. The thread mentions that it works for the 1760 and the 1510 and you are asking about the 1760. The file is here.

This Using JP1 with the Slingbox should get you going.
KRuSTY76

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 7:35 pm    Post subject: Remote Codes for Kreatel VIP1760 and Kreatel IP-STB 501 Reply with quote

Well. Confused
I didn't find that link there..but thanks. Now I just have to figure out how to get the txt file into Slingbox SW. Crying or Very sad Or is the file already compiled and made available?

Last edited by KRuSTY76 on Fri Dec 07, 2007 7:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
binky123
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You have to use RemoteMaster to read in the .TXT or .RMDU file and then export a Slingbox BIN file for your slingbox. I'd suggest reading/re-reading the threads I linked to.
KRuSTY76

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 2:25 am    Post subject: Remote Codes for Kreatel VIP1760 and Kreatel IP-STB 501 Reply with quote

Embarassed

Got Rm working and made to .bin files. Only left now is to test the Slingbox. I am told that VIP1760 remote is compatible with IP-STB 501 as well. :

Thanks for your understanding. Wink
binky123
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When you are done testing the BIN files, you may want to upload into our Slingbox Files Section the RMDU and BIN files you created.
KRuSTY76

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 11:31 am    Post subject: Remote Codes for Kreatel VIP1760 and Kreatel IP-STB 501 Reply with quote

Hi,

The remote code file works, BUT there's some flaws I would like to get some help to sort out. If I change channel (+1) it changes +2 channels. Also, once I press POWER button I get the PPV menus. Anyone got suggestions for remedy?
binky123
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2007 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found this thread that says Slingbox sends the signals twice.

In RemoteMaster, you can assign functions to different buttons. Perhaps you need to assign a different function to the Slingbox virtual remote POWER button.
KRuSTY76

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 2:39 pm    Post subject: Remote Codes for Kreatel VIP1760 and Kreatel IP-STB 501 Reply with quote

Well. I have checked the RM setup and it looks OK. So, I believe something's up with the source file I downloaded. Second, for the double command issue I contacted SLINGBOX and they had no clue about this problem. Basically, I was told to see if next version of the SW would fix this problem.

So, I'm stuck... Crying or Very sad
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Slingbox All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: