JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

URC-6960B00 extender release version available

View previous topic :: View next topic  
unclemiltie
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 3:03 pm    Post subject: URC-6960B00 extender release version available Reply with quote

Edit 7/28/07

I've just uploaded a new ZIP file that contains the HEX format for this extender. A new version of Extinstall is available in beta that allows you to install the extender into an existing IR file.

The inclusion of the HEX file is the only difference in this distribution

Edit 7/18/07
I have just uploaded what I hope will be the final version of this extender, 1.03. This version shrunk the extender by about 40 bytes and thus added about 40 bytes to the keymove area. It also includes a couple of small bug fixes, cleanup of the code (the source is now included) as well as thanks to kupaki a set of device-specific image maps for use in RM.

Note: There are still some issues with RM version 1.78 and below. Greg is working on fixes in RM 1.79 that will address the remap keys issues with this extender.

The new extender is packaged as a joint 6960B00/9960B01 extender and is packaged with images and maps for RM to enable the device specific screens. The file is here:

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=4812

Edit 5/807:

I have just uploaded an updated version of the extender to the files section (same link as below) This version is now numbered v1.02, which is stored in bytes FE/FF in the EEPROM.

see reply later in this thread for the link to the new file. I've chosen to lave 1.01 in the extender area as well so make sure you get the right one!

thanks to everyone who helped me test this and shake the bugs out. I think that I'm comfortable with the stability of the extender to call this the "final" release. This is version 37 which is indicated in byte $FF in the EEPROM

This version has a slightly increased upgrade size (thanks to jsevinsk who got me thinking about this) which now runs through $480 in the EEPROM. This version will have 472 bytes of free upgrade space when all of the special protocols are included and 615 bytes of free advance code space when the "default" macros are included. Probably more than enough space for pretty much anything.

Still not supported by Extinstall so you have to load the IR file and build from there. Since this version moves around the start of the advance code area, it's not a trivial cut-and-paste from the previous beta versions

enjoy!

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=4377
    I

Last edited by unclemiltie on Sat Jul 28, 2007 8:03 am; edited 4 times in total
    Capn Trips
    Expert

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 5:14 pm    Post subject: Re: URC-6960B00 extender release version available Reply with quote

unclemiltie wrote:
    This version will have 472 bytes of free upgrade space when all of the special protocols are included and 615 bytes of free advance code space when the "default" macros are included. Probably more than enough space for pretty much anything.
    Congratulations! ....

but I can see filling up 472 bytes of upgrades pretty quickly..... Wink

Remotes: OFA XSight Touch, AR XSight Touch
    TVs: LG 65" Smart LED TV; Samsung QN850BF Series - 8K UHD Neo QLED LCD TV
    RCVR: Onkyo TX-SR875; Integra DTR 40.3
    DVD/VCR: Pioneer DV-400VK (multi-region DVD), Sony BDP-S350 (Blu-ray), Toshiba HD-A3 (HD-DVD), Panasonic AG-W1 (Multi-system VCR);
    Laserdisc: Pioneer CLD-D704.
    Amazon Firestick
    tape deck: Pioneer CT 1380WR (double cassette deck)
    (But I still have to get up for my beer)
    unclemiltie
    Expert

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yea, but the 6960 is limited in its EEPROM space. You can get rid of the upgrade protocols to save space if you need to.

(there's only 615 bytes of macro space as well, a trade off that could be shifted if people really needed it)
    unclemiltie
    Expert

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

see base topic, updated version posted
    (this done to send automatic notifications to those watching this topic)
    unclemiltie
    Expert

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 10:23 am    Post subject: URC-6960B00 extender v1.02 available Reply with quote

I've uploaded 1.02 of the URC-9960B01 extender to the files section this morning, you can get the latest here:

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=4552

Changes since V1.00 are listed below. I know that some of you are using patched versions that implement some of these changes while others may be using the v1.01 release.

v1.01
    shortened Pause protocol by not re-searching and reading keymove
    fixed bug in LDKP for 1-key sequence
    add brightness control special protocol
    fix oddity with RC5/RC6 combo protocol interfering with special protocols, crashing remote

v1.02
    fix bug in HT key special screen processing reported by joed in forum
    add option to disable HT screen and treat HT button as "normal" device button
    fix data location difference between RDF and extender on 9960 (new RDF for this release)
    set screen to initial O_device on extender load
    remove from RDF setting for Xshift bits (didn't work anyway)

as always, discuss in the forums any problems/issues you see with the extender.

enjoy!
    unclemiltie
    Expert

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 5:13 pm    Post subject: Version 1.04 released Reply with quote

I have just uploaded V1.04 of the URC-6960B00 extender to the files section here:

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=5031

This version has several improvements:

1: I fixed a bug mentioned elsewhere in the forum on the "ignore first key" logic

2: I have substantially reudced the size of ToadTog, LDKP and DSM protocols approximately 30 bytes each. This cost nothing other than using up some wasted space in the base extender.

3: I have made this version compatible with the new IR and Extinstall so that you can now install this extender from within IR.

The new package includes the new version of Extinstall, maps and images for RM, the RDF and the HEX file for use with Extinstall. This version also now includes the source for the extender

Enjoy!
    Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Extenders All times are GMT - 5 Hours
    Page 1 of 1

Jump to: