JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

An Atlas DVR (day) IR/RF remote?
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PostalDave

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 2:38 am    Post subject: An Atlas DVR (day) IR/RF remote? Reply with quote

I just found (while digging around on the FCC device pages) that there exists a ATLAS PVR/DVR (day) remote with IR and RF capabilities. Project name was/is "MTS Allstream ATLAS DVR IR/UHF". The pictures shown as part of the application show it labeled with a big "MTS" at the bottom of the working side of the remote. Those same pictures show that it is a JP1.3 remote, and transmits on the 433.92 frequency. By chance has anyone seen one yet? If so, I'd be VERY interested in buying one because I'd love to see if it would work with my Next Generation Home Products Remote xtender base unit (at 433.92 mhz).

The URL (long) is:
https://gullfoss2.fcc.gov/oetcf/eas/reports/ViewExhibitReport.cfm?mode=Exhibits&RequestTimeout=500&calledFromFrame=N&application_id=231527&fcc_id=MG32150

Interested minds would like to know,

Dave
kupakai

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 6:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's some more info at MTS's site. Maybe you can purchase the remote from them, but I'd doubt it would work with a receiver from a different product.
PostalDave

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kupakai,

You might be right that it won't work with the Next Generation Home Products Remote Extender (NGHPRE), but I'd be put my money down on one and see. Given the small size of the transmitter (1/3" length AAA battery size) I'd be somewhat amazed to find that the NGHPRE is anything but a simple IR/RF converter.

Frankly as long as I can get the NGHPRE to recognize the signal and transmit anything to IR, I'd be happy as once it's in the MythTV box, LIRC can make sense of it. The other option might be to buy one of the 9910's (with the accompanying RF base station) and see if I couldn't use that. Given that they are made by the same company (the 9910 and the Atlas 5 DVR IR/UHF) there might be a better chance they would work together.

Thanks for the link.

Dave
Capn Trips
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh by the way, that MTS link leads to a photo of the remote that refers to it as a PVR/DVR-1055, which is the same model number as the regular (non-UHF) Atlas 5-device DVR/PVR (day) remote.

Remotes: OFA XSight Touch, AR XSight Touch
TVs: LG 65" Smart LED TV; Samsung QN850BF Series - 8K UHD Neo QLED LCD TV
RCVR: Onkyo TX-SR875; Integra DTR 40.3
DVD/VCR: Pioneer DV-400VK (multi-region DVD), Sony BDP-S350 (Blu-ray), Toshiba HD-A3 (HD-DVD), Panasonic AG-W1 (Multi-system VCR);
Laserdisc: Pioneer CLD-D704.
Amazon Firestick
tape deck: Pioneer CT 1380WR (double cassette deck)
(But I still have to get up for my beer)
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the FCC link, I have added it to the other FCC links...
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=category&cat_id=74
PostalDave

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Capn Trips wrote:
Oh by the way, that MTS link leads to a photo of the remote that refers to it as a PVR/DVR-1055, which is the same model number as the regular (non-UHF) Atlas 5-device DVR/PVR (day) remote.

Thanks for the info. I find it amazing to see so many different models of remote so similar on the outside, yet completely different on the inside. Heck, put a normal Atlas DVR/PVR remote next to this 2050 RF model and I think you'd be hard presses to tell them apart. Frankly I found it by looking through all the 'MG3' entries over the past couple of years for 433.92 frequency remotes.

Funny thing is, if you look at FCC ID of this remote, and say the 9910/60/64/66 they all use a different FCC mfg id. =D

The Robman wrote:
Thanks for the FCC link<

Heck, don't mention it. It's the very least I can do for a great site like this.

Have a great evening all, and should I find one of these for sale anywhere I'll post something about it.

Dave
careh

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 7:50 pm    Post subject: MTS Atlas Remote Reply with quote

MTS (Manitoba, Canada) is giving these remotes out to customers of its TV service in exchange for a previous less intelligent remote they supplied.

MTS provides cable like TV over phone lines here. A main control box is placed by one TV & up to three other TV's in the home can be fed by co-ax cable & individually controlled by individual Atlas remotes set to the particular device code for each remote tv.

I have a 5 year old parallel port JP1 cable & just tried connecting to the MTS remote. No go - so I looked in the forums & saw I would have to get a different JP1.x cable to be able to do this.

I was originally hoping the MTS Atlas remote was going to be like my other JP1 remotes - so I could go into it and customise it. (this remote is a relatives - as they have the MTS tv service).

Now - I'm not so sure. Any idea if JP1.3 programming one of these is possible?
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 8:14 pm    Post subject: Re: MTS Atlas Remote Reply with quote

careh wrote:

JP1.3 is a new platform, but all the JP1 tools support it, so it's just a question of whether there's an RDF ready for the remote, so I would recommend that you get a JP1.x cable and give it a shot.
careh

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 8:50 pm    Post subject: Re: MTS Atlas Remote Reply with quote

The Robman wrote:
careh wrote:

JP1.3 is a new platform, but all the JP1 tools support it, so it's just a question of whether there's an RDF ready for the remote, so I would recommend that you get a JP1.x cable and give it a shot.

I now have a JP1.x cable (thanks to another forum member) and it is allowing my PC to see the MTS JP1.3 Atlas remote - which I have bought from MTS. When I try to do a download from the remote IR7.03 comes back with 'No definition file could be found for this remote (30323032) .....'

I have rdf file 1.27 from:
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=download&file_id=1948

and I had downloaded the Atlas rdf file from http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/posting.php?mode=quote&p=57572

After I see that screen I can re-try the download and some sort of file comes down - but it does not look like what I am used to seeing.

I put the .IR file in the download area at:
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=4710
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It sounds like there's yet another version of the Atlas that we need to sort out.
Capn Trips
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 1:40 am    Post subject: Re: MTS Atlas Remote Reply with quote

careh wrote:
When I try to do a download from the remote IR7.03 comes back with 'No definition file could be found for this remote (30323032) .....'

I put the .IR file in the download area at:
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=4710
As Rob points out, this is a (yet another) new Atlas 5-Device PVR (Day) remote, to go along with the JP 1.2 10251025 and the JP 1.3 30003000 and 30333033 versions.

DVD/VCR: Pioneer DV-400VK (multi-region DVD), Sony BDP-S350 (Blu-ray), Toshiba HD-A3 (HD-DVD), Panasonic AG-W1 (Multi-system VCR);
Amazon Firestick
hocwww

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Might this be this remote?
Atlas OCAP DVR/PVR
http://www.uei.com/category.php?page_id=67

I hope so as I just got this remote from TWC and wanted to set it up like my 8811.

Still need to make the 1.x cable as I read my old cable is not compatible, boy I have been out of the loop for a while.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hocwww wrote:
Might this be this remote?
Atlas OCAP DVR/PVR
http://www.uei.com/category.php?page_id=67

I hope so as I just got this remote from TWC and wanted to set it up like my 8811.

Still need to make the 1.x cable as I read my old cable is not compatible, boy I have been out of the loop for a while.

The trouble with all these different versions of the Atlas remote is that they all pretty much look the same, apart from the odd button that's sometimes different, so it's impossible to say from that picture which version of the Atlas that you have, the only way to tell is to hook it up to a JP1 cable and see.

Some of the Atlas remotes are traditional JP1 remotes, so as you have a JP1 cable already, the first thing you should do is try hooking it up to see if it works. If it doesn't, which is likely, you should get a JP1.x cable. There are three JP1.x platforms (JP1.1, JP1.2 and JP1.3) and we've seen Atlas remotes from all three platforms, so I would advise against getting a dedicated JP1.2 cable (which wouldn't work with a JP1.1 remote).
hocwww

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The connector says JP1.3 so that hopefully solves the problem of which cable I will need to make. Was going to make the 1.x anyway just to handle future needs.

The remote I received button wise is identical to the one I linked to. Once the cable is done I will find out what version of the Atlas I have and then go from there...
Capn Trips
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hocww,
if careh's remote looks like the Atlas 5-device PVR (Day) remote, then it is NOT the OCAP remote which differs in pretty easy-to-spot ways from the other Atlas 5-Device PVR remotes:
SA_7SA_7 (JP 1-"Settings" button),
10251025 (JP 1.2-"Day" buttons),
30003000 (JP 1.3-"Day") and
30333033(JP 1.3-"Day").

The OCAP remote is clearly different - has an extra "D" button next to the three "A", "B", and "C" buttons, plus it has the "Exit" button moved up ABOVE the arrow key array, and splits the shared "Menu/Settings" button into two separate buttons such that there are FIVE buttons between the "UP" button and the Device buttons rather than just the three buttons on the 5-device PVR remotes referred to in the first paragraph..

If you've got an OCAP remote, then we have not yet had anybody download one and have an rdf developed. You'll be a trailblazer.

If you have a source for these, I'd be really interested as I like the four color buttons (A thru D) which mimic standard european equipment arrangements.

Amazon Firestick
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: