JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Skip on Motorola DCT 6412
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
greenough1

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm a bit late to this discussion. I have a 6412 and on both my extended 8811 and 8910 remotes, I setup the 30 sec skip function as a keymove (EFC/device given above), assigned to the FFwd key (the transport keyset is assigned to the CBL device == 6412 DVR).

I don't macro more than one of these either. How long the commercial break is is a function of the time of day, network and show you're watching. I just hit the FFwd button enough to get me through the commercials.

I'm glad you've got it sorted now. If you want to see how I set it up, my IR file is located HERE .

Best,
jeff
e.axel
Exile Island Resident

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks. I'll look at it after the cleanup.
e.axel
Exile Island Resident

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will get flamed for this. Found the whole problem. Designer of 1493 (downloaded from upgrade area) had put in some key moves on to the M3 and I had put one on L4 key. I didn't check the existing key moves and assumed that those keys were free to take a macro. That was why the macro never worked there. I have now cleaned it up and noted all the key moves so I understand what is going on.
My bad. We live and learn and learn and learn......
Dilligaf

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just noticed this thread growing, this might be partly my fault, 30 second skip is efc 173, 15 second rewind is efc 179. I pulled the original efcs from my ir file and read the wrong keys. I will edit my original post. So Sorry

Mike
Capn Trips
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 2:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

e.axel wrote:
I will get flamed for this. Found the whole problem. ...I didn't check the existing key moves and assumed that those keys were free to take a macro. That was why the macro never worked there. ...
No flame, just a plea for a little more attention to detail. (I obviously also failed to note the conflicting keymoves assigned to the same button, but I never set out to look at everything in the IR file.)

Remotes: OFA XSight Touch, AR XSight Touch
TVs: LG 65" Smart LED TV; Samsung QN850BF Series - 8K UHD Neo QLED LCD TV
RCVR: Onkyo TX-SR875; Integra DTR 40.3
DVD/VCR: Pioneer DV-400VK (multi-region DVD), Sony BDP-S350 (Blu-ray), Toshiba HD-A3 (HD-DVD), Panasonic AG-W1 (Multi-system VCR);
Laserdisc: Pioneer CLD-D704.
Amazon Firestick
tape deck: Pioneer CT 1380WR (double cassette deck)
(But I still have to get up for my beer)
mr_d_p_gumby
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Capn Trips wrote:
e.axel wrote:
...and I hope that the KM Protocol help will be amended so the next guy doesn't have to go through this...
There is nothing really wrong with the Help, as I explained in a post above. If it was REALLY bad, then there would be a whole lot of threads here about problems implementing the Pause protocol. I suggest their absense implies it ain't all that bad.

As the author of the Protocol Help for the Pause Protocol in KM, I feel compelled to make the following comment for the future benefit of others who may have the patience to wade their way through this rather long and confusing thread.

The help information in KM is intended to assist in the normal usage of the Pause Protocol, and I believe it accomplishes that goal. By normal usage, I mean that the user will be installing the dummy upgrade, the protocol upgrade, and the keymoves generated by KM.

What the Capn has instructed Elliot to do here is to use KM in an unorthodox manner simply to generate the keymoves needed for the Pause Protocol built into an extender. While the Capn's creative use of the JP1 tools is to be commended, I think it is unreasonable of Elliot to conclude that the Pause Protocol help information in KM should be amended to cover this rather special and unusual circumstance, and that doing so would only serve to confuse the "next guy" trying to use it in the normal fashion.
e.axel
Exile Island Resident

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Inexperienced as I am with this protocol, I had no idea what was "unorthodox" or "special and unusual circumstance". All I knew at the time that post was written was that it didn't work when I followed the Help instructions, and it did when I followed the Cap'ns advice.
Other things I discovered after the fact may have changed my suggestion. That has been previously posted and apologised for...
I apologise for any pain I may have caused you.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: