JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

OFA 4021

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
e.axel
Exile Island Resident

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 2:40 pm    Post subject: OFA 4021 Reply with quote

Picked one up at Big Lots for $5.99 to use for the bedroom TV (had the code I needed TV0812, small, uncomplicated). It doesn't have the programming functions for the VCR though. Looks like advanced code capability is locked out on this model. Anyone confirm?
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pretty much all of the cheaper, non-JP1, OFA remotes have keymover removed now. If it's any help, you can usually still use the SETUP+nnn test method though.
e.axel
Exile Island Resident

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tried setup+nnn - 1. press and release setup once 2. enter EFC code (in this case 152 for the timer function to shut the timer off)(Note this is all JVC VCR device 0067).
Bottom line is that didn't work either.
So I will just use the VCRs OEM remnote for programming and to shut the timer function off.
Thanks for the suggestion though...

Last edited by e.axel on Wed Jan 24, 2007 4:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mark Pierson
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

e.axel wrote:
It doesn't have the programming functions for the VCR though.

Tried setup+nnn - 1. press and release setup once 2. enter device code (in this case 152 for the timer function to shut the timer off)(Note this is all JVC VCR device 0067).
Bottom line is that didn't work either.
If there's no setup code for your model VCR then the SETUP-### won't work since it's done under the currently selected device on the remote.
e.axel
Exile Island Resident

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The setup code 0067 is installed and does work....
All operation functions are implemented, programming functions are not. I think I said that two posts back.
Mark Pierson
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 4:41 pm    Post subject: Re: OFA 4021 Reply with quote

e.axel wrote:
It doesn't have the programming functions for the VCR though.

The setup code 0067 is installed and does work....
Sorry for the misunderstanding, but your original comment led me to think you couldn't control the VCR at all with the 4021, therefore my reply.
andyross

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

0067 is for a JVC VCR. I do have list of all the codes here:
http://home.att.net/~andyross/AV/VCR067.html

Some JVC's use a weird setup with unique codes to scroll the date and time up and down ("Express Programming"). The few times I still use my VCR, I use the original remote to do the programming if I don't have a VCR+ code.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

andyross wrote:
Some JVC's use a weird setup with unique codes to scroll the date and time up and down ("Express Programming"). The few times I still use my VCR, I use the original remote to do the programming if I don't have a VCR+ code.

I hate to hear of any JP1 user ever having to go back to the OEM remote because that means the JP1 process has failed them.

I see the Date +/-, Start Time +/- and Stop Time +/- codes in your list, what do you have to do to put the VCR in the correct mode to receive these codes, and do you have to press ENTER or SELECT once you've selected the right date and times?
e.axel
Exile Island Resident

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do have those programming codes in my 8811. They work fine, just like any other code/remote (no special setup/prep). I only wanted the 4210 because it was smaller and is just used in the bedroom for the TV and VCR. I never had an OEM remote for the TV, and didn't want/need one of the big bulky 8 device 8811/8910/8820 that I do use elsewhere.
The OEM remote for the VCR will do basic operations on the TV, but requires holding the TV button down to operate the TV. Fine for me, but not the other half....
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

e.axel wrote:
I do have those programming codes in my 8811. ...

Right, but Andy doesn't. I'm guessing the problem is that he couldn't think of what buttons to use for the 3 different sets of +/- codes. If I knew what buttons were used to put the VCR into the right mode to receive these codes, and whether an ENTER/OK type button was needed once the date/time was selected, I might have some ideas as to how best to program it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: