JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

I am very new
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
nikeman

PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2006 3:13 pm    Post subject: I am very new Reply with quote

Ok, I bought a URC8910 (One For All) remote and a JP1 cable. I plugged the JP1 cable into the computer and into the remote and downloaded IR.exe and RM. I do not think that RM is reading my remote for some reason and I am very confused by the whole thing. I am normally very good with computer stuff but this is just new to me completly. I have the remote working on my TV and Cable Box via the codes that were in the book but I can not get it to work for my Samsung HT-P38 home theater system.http://www.samsung.com/Products/HomeTheater/HomeTheaterSystem/HT_P38THXAA.asp
I planned on using the JP1 cable to make it work for this system but I just cant do it. Can someone please give me a detailed how to on exactly what I need (program wise), and then what to do to make it work for the home theater system.

As of right now i have to use the 8910 remote for everything except to change the volume and play dvds which has to be done with the home theater remote which gets pretty annoying some times. Thanks guys!!
whompus

PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2006 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Happy Holidays.. The best place to start is here http://www.hifi-remote.com/jp1/help/rm.shtml all the info you ask for and then some.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2006 3:44 pm    Post subject: Re: I am very new Reply with quote

nikeman wrote:
I do not think that RM is reading my remote for some reason and I am very confused by the whole thing.

That's because RM hasn't been programmed to read remotes, that's IR's job, RM's purpose is to create and manipulate upgrades.

nikeman wrote:
Can someone please give me a detailed how to on exactly what I need (program wise), and then what to do to make it work for the home theater system.

Happy to...
http://www.hifi-remote.com/jp1/help/
nikeman

PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2006 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thats what I ment. IR isnt reading my remote i dont think because all I see are the General and Raw Data tabs and in all the pictures it looks like there are a lot more tabs then that.. Also when I try to download from my remote it tells me to make sure my remote is connected to the computer and it is..
nikeman

PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2006 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c23/nikeman/IR.jpg

thats what I am getting now...[/img]
Mark Pierson
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2006 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nikeman wrote:
all I see are the General and Raw Data tabs
Did you also download and install the RDF files?. These are needed by both IR and RM to select the proper remote model.
nikeman

PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2006 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, I have gotten the RDF file figured out. Just had to save the folder in the c: and not the desktop.. Now I have downloaded from my remote and i have everything listed on my computer. NOw I just need to figure out how to make the HT-P38 home theater system work with the remote. I am not even sure what button to program that to on the remote? Home Theater, AUX, AMP???
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2006 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your HT system is a combo device, therefore I would suggest that you create seperate upgrades for each virtual component. For example, you could create one for the DVD player, another for the receiver, etc.
nikeman

PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2006 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

is it possible for someone to create them for me and have it so I can just put them in my IR file? I still am not 100% sure how to add upgrades and stuff. Still reading up on it though..

Edit:

Also, how do I know what code to use for the DVD player and everything else for that matter since its a combo? Do i actually make my own code and it will work? I wish i knew how to do this stuff!
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2006 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, you're going to have to that part yourself. You have the original HT remote and you have a learning remote (ie, the URC-8910). The rest is really very easy, just read this...

http://www.hifi-remote.com/jp1/help/

Last edited by The Robman on Mon Jan 01, 2007 5:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
nikeman

PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2006 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

one last semi unrelated question... (for now Very Happy)

I was playin with the remote and I did keymove without the remote hooked to the computer JP1 cable and now when I push the AUX button it names it HOME instead of AUX. I am not sure if this is a big deal or not but if it is i'd like to reset it somehow..

Thanks!
Doppleganger

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2006 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, I remember starting off with my URC8910. Way back before I knew what a JP1 remote was, I got curious about what those pins were and started researching.

Good thing you found this place.

What you might want to do is do a download from remote, look in IR, General Tab, Device Buttons area, and make sure each button corresponds to the device... also look under key moves, and remove anything in there to undo what you've done... then upload to remote, should fix that.

Now as far as creating a new device for your system...

What you'll have to do is do a learn of all the buttons you intend to use... you wont be able to do them in one fell swoop, not enough memory in the remote for that. Do them in groups, and download from remote. You'll see them learned under the Learned signals tab in IR.

You'll then see the Protocol, Device, OBC, EFC tabs. Then when you open up Remote Master, you'll be able to assign a device number (not the same as device column, this is the number that you'd enter in the remote to program it for that device...), and pick your protocol, device, sub device, and under the Functions tab, you'll see columns that match up to the columns in IR. It's basically a copy/paste situation to build the new device.

Look for similarities in the programs... It was suggested to me to use the OBC number, and not worry about the hex, or efc... but I used the EFC numbers to build the Lite-On DVD5005X DVD recorder upgrade that's in the files area here.

To do a Philips DVD750VR combo VCR/DVD player, i used the OBC number, as some of them had multiple EFC or HEX numbers listed, and the OBC was the way to go.

Bascially those numbers describe the signal to send when you hit the button. It took me a bit to figure it all out, then it clicked, and I pretty much get the basics of it. I'm still clueless with extenders, tho Smile But, I'm not looking for a magic wand, or something that I can hit one button to start the shower, start the jeep, unlock the door, and turn the TV on to the news...

If what I've stated up there was incorrect, please someone correct me before I send this guy off track too far Smile

-Jay
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
kupakai

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2006 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you try starting with this file first:
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=3946
It's for HT-Q80 model, but it seems similar enough that maybe the protocols are the same, and the majority of the function is there and you only have to make a few adjustments.

nikeman wrote:
I was playin with the remote and I did keymove without the remote hooked to the computer JP1 cable and now when I push the AUX button it names it HOME instead of AUX. I am not sure if this is a big deal or not but if it is i'd like to reset it somehow..

If you already have an ir setup file that you used to upload to the remote, you should be able to re-download that file to the remote and it will replace all the settings back to what is in the file. If you want to clear all the programming, inc keymoves and macros, there's "Operation Reset" described on page 50 in the manual.
nikeman

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kupakai wrote:
Did you try starting with this file first:
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=3946
It's for HT-Q80 model, but it seems similar enough that maybe the protocols are the same, and the majority of the function is there and you only have to make a few adjustments.

nikeman wrote:

If you already have an ir setup file that you used to upload to the remote, you should be able to re-download that file to the remote and it will replace all the settings back to what is in the file. If you want to clear all the programming, inc keymoves and macros, there's "Operation Reset" described on page 50 in the manual.

I downloaded those files and they opened with Remote Master but I do not know what to do from there.. How do i put them in IR?
nikeman

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok, when i try to open the files with KM it says it dosnt appear to be a valid keymap-master device upgrade file and wont open it. Both of them are .rmdu files. do i have to do anything to them before i try to use them in the program.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Beginners All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: