JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

URC-9910 -more than 3 macros using ir.exe + replay speedup?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rocket777

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 10:23 pm    Post subject: URC-9910 -more than 3 macros using ir.exe + replay speedup? Reply with quote

Can I program other keys besides just the m1,m2,m3 keys that the user manual says are the only ones.

I tried to program a macro into the com-skip key and it does not work.

Also, I have a pvr with a 30sec skip, and I would like to add a macro to send this 4 times for a 2 minute skip. It works, but it sends the codes rather slow. Is there any way to speed that up?
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. Yes absolutely, almost all the buttons are programmable
2. ... except that one
3. If you load the extender you can program fast macros
rocket777

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 2:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Robman wrote:
2. ... except that one

Can I program that key too with the extender? That key is the easiest to find by "feel" being in the lower right corner.

Will extinstall copy in my learned keys too?

The latest .rdf I could find for my remote is

CPT0CPx1 (URC-8910(Old)_9910(Old)_8910(New)_9910(New)_HTPro Extender 1).rdf

which has me confused Confused . What is all the extra HTPro stuff I see in the file. Will it ignore that for my plain ol 9910's? I just bought a second 9910, but it seems identical to my original 9910.
Capn Trips
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 3:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rocket777 wrote:
The Robman wrote:
2. ... except that one

Can I program that key too with the extender? That key is the easiest to find by "feel" being in the lower right corner.
Yes, via a keymove.
rocket777 wrote:
Will extinstall copy in my learned keys too?
NO! The extender converts all of your learning memory into Keymove/Macro memory. That is one of the more desirable aspects of the extender. So you will lose your learned keys and the ability to learn while the extender is installed. You will need to take your learned keys and use the decoded data in the learned tab to build an upgrade (KM or RM) and add that upgrade into IR. This uses MUCH less memory than learned keys do. If you subsequently require learning to learn and decode another remote, then you simply reset your remote, learn, decode, build a new upgrade and add it and upload your saved extended IR file again.
rocket777 wrote:
The latest .rdf I could find for my remote is

CPT0CPx1 (URC-8910(Old)_9910(Old)_8910(New)_9910(New)_HTPro Extender 1).rdf

which has me confused Confused . What is all the extra HTPro stuff I see in the file. Will it ignore that for my plain ol 9910's? I just bought a second 9910, but it seems identical to my original 9910.
There are five distinct remotes made by UEI that are ABSOLUTELY IDENTICAL in their signature and button layout, but have some other differences. They are the
URC-8910 (old),
URC-9910 (old),
URC-8910 (new),
URC-9910 (new), and
HTPro.

They all share the same rdf, and the same extender rdf works for all of them, hence all five are listed in the rdf name. If you use RemoteMaster, you will notice that each has a different IMAGE file, but they all use the same rdf.

The 8910 and 9910 look the same and are marketed by One-for-All, while the HTPro has a different color scheme and was marketed by ... uhh ... HTPro, I guess.

The 8910s are IR only, whilst the 9910s and HTPro have an IR/RF extender (different from the software extender being discussed here, this is an RF range extender for the remote).

Finally the (old) 8910/9910 have a single donut-type ring around the "select" button for all four arrow keys, whilst the (new) versions and the HTPro have separate and distinct arrow buttons (the donut ring proved rather unpopular, imho).

Remotes: OFA XSight Touch, AR XSight Touch
TVs: LG 65" Smart LED TV; Samsung QN850BF Series - 8K UHD Neo QLED LCD TV
RCVR: Onkyo TX-SR875; Integra DTR 40.3
DVD/VCR: Pioneer DV-400VK (multi-region DVD), Sony BDP-S350 (Blu-ray), Toshiba HD-A3 (HD-DVD), Panasonic AG-W1 (Multi-system VCR);
Laserdisc: Pioneer CLD-D704.
Amazon Firestick
tape deck: Pioneer CT 1380WR (double cassette deck)
(But I still have to get up for my beer)
Oinge

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 7:52 pm    Post subject: Commercial Skip and HT PRO Reply with quote

I got some new equipment and decided to set up my HT Pro, which I have had for some time but haven't really used. with the device upgrades I needed for the new equipment.

I have my TV upgrade working, but noticed that I couldn't program a function to the Commercial Skip button. It wasn't available.

This old thread says you can't program a macro to this button. Can I not simply put a funtion on this button inthis remote?
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can only program the COMM SKIP button if you are using the extender, otherwise you cannot program anything to it.
Oinge

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, I have some time this week, so I guess I will be working on upgrading to extender for the HTPRO
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: