JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

UEI Atlas 5 DVR (Day) with JP1.3, rdf, map files ?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2006 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just to be safe, I would recommend that you delete any "30003000" RDFs that are in your RDF folder, then re-download the current RDF, then close and re-start IR and RM to make sure that they are both using the current RDF.

Once you have done this, if you are still having problems, load your current RDMU and IR files into a zip file and save them in the diagnosis area so we can take a look.
Calimero

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2006 5:06 pm    Post subject: It works now !!!!! Reply with quote

Hi Robman and Binky,

I have tried the last rdf uploaded and this one works correctly. I will create the rdmu's for my devices and this remote and upload them in the file area.

Thank you!
Calimero

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2006 5:57 pm    Post subject: Button $40 Reply with quote

Hi Robman,

Please note that I added button $40 as phantom4 to my copy of rdf. Please acknowledge that my interpretation is correct. I will post an updated RM map and rdf in the zip files I will post in the rdf files section along with my rdmu's.

Thank you!
binky123
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2006 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for testing the RDF. I've updated and uploaded one that has the phantom4 buttonname and keycode.
Calimero

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2006 10:47 pm    Post subject: Thank you guys for all the great support! Reply with quote

Thank you Binky and Robman for all the great support!
Calimero

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 11:18 am    Post subject: RC6 on Atlas ... Reply with quote

Hi Robman,

I think there is one small issue with RC6 on this rdf. The DVP642 uses RC6 (as learned). The upgrade that I uploaded at:

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=4004

does not actually work.

If I use the "RC-6" with Device 4 in RM using the latest Atlas rdf the remote will not control the device. I used another remote to learn what the Atlas was outputing and it shows an unrecognized protocol.

If I use the "RC5/6 Combo" with RC6 device 4, RM makes a DU and a Protocol Upgrade and when I upload those, the remote works with the DVP642. Even though it works, there is one saddle difference. When learning from the original remote the IR shows RC6 / Dev. 4 / ... / T=1 whereas when I learn from the Atlas with the upgrade, it shows the same but T=0. Is this parameter of any importance?

Thank you!
johnsfine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 11:54 am    Post subject: Re: RC6 on Atlas ... Reply with quote

Calimero wrote:

If I use the "RC-6" with Device 4 in RM using the latest Atlas rdf the remote will not control the device. I used another remote to learn what the Atlas was outputing and it shows an unrecognized protocol.

I'm pretty sure that means the rdf is wrong. That result implies rdf indicates an older version of the pid for RC-6 but the remote includes a newer version.

Calimero wrote:

If I use the "RC5/6 Combo" with RC6 device 4, RM makes a DU and a Protocol Upgrade and when I upload those, the remote works with the DVP642. Even though it works, there is one saddle difference. When learning from the original remote the IR shows RC6 / Dev. 4 / ... / T=1 whereas when I learn from the Atlas with the upgrade, it shows the same but T=0. Is this parameter of any importance?

When you use either the original remote or the upgrade, the T value should switch on every button press. To see that try learning the same button from the original remote to two different buttons on the learning remote (with no button presses on the original remote in between the two learned signals).

Any learned signal captures just one state of T. Since the device expects T to change whenever you press the same key twice in a row, learned signals may not work right. When you press different keys, the device doesn't care whether T changes; The upgrade will change T in that case and I'm pretty sure the original will as well.
Calimero

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 2:39 pm    Post subject: Thank you, this helps! Reply with quote

Thank you, this helps!
Calimero

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 6:45 pm    Post subject: I found the issue ... Reply with quote

Hi Johnsfine,

I found the issue with the RC-6. The rdf currently on the website should be modified as follows:

[Protocols]
, 0058,

TO:

[Protocols]
, 0058:2,

This will select the RC-6 version 2 in RM and with this the upgrade works fine without an upgraded protocol.

I will notify Binky to upload an updated version.

Thank you for the hint!
Calimero

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 6:48 am    Post subject: New Version Of Atlas DVR Day 5 from Cogeco (Canada) Reply with quote

Good Day,

Cogeco came out with a new, slightly modified, remote. It has one more button and slight layout change.

Please see the picture attached.

I would be grateful if someone could help with the rdf file?

I provided the raw data at:

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=7214

and picture at:

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=7215

I used IR 7.0 beta3 to download the ir.

Thank you!
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't see any difference between yours and the existing RDF/Map/Image from the main distributions (same signature, same buttons). Yours uses the Atlas OCAP PVR 3033 JP1.3 (Black)/ Atlas OCAP (Silver) RDF. Make sure you have the latest RDFs and Maps. You may want to upgrade to IR8 while you're at it.
Calimero

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mdavej wrote:
I don't see any difference between yours and the existing RDF/Map/Image from the main distributions (same signature, same buttons). Yours uses the Atlas OCAP PVR 3033 JP1.3 (Black)/ Atlas OCAP (Silver) RDF. Make sure you have the latest RDFs and Maps. You may want to upgrade to IR8 while you're at it.

Thank you! I will give it a try.
Capn Trips
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 4:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Calmero. You have misidentified the remote. It is an Atlas OCAP (URC-1056) with signature 30333033. It has been in the rdf adn map & image distributions for a while.

If you have all of the rdfs and maps and images downloaded and unzipped, and RM adn IR are correctly pointeed to the correct folders, it should be automatically found when you download.

Remotes: OFA XSight Touch, AR XSight Touch
TVs: LG 65" Smart LED TV; Samsung QN850BF Series - 8K UHD Neo QLED LCD TV
RCVR: Onkyo TX-SR875; Integra DTR 40.3
DVD/VCR: Pioneer DV-400VK (multi-region DVD), Sony BDP-S350 (Blu-ray), Toshiba HD-A3 (HD-DVD), Panasonic AG-W1 (Multi-system VCR);
Laserdisc: Pioneer CLD-D704.
Amazon Firestick
tape deck: Pioneer CT 1380WR (double cassette deck)
(But I still have to get up for my beer)
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Beginners All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: