JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Auto switching for remote?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
JP1newbie

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 9:38 am    Post subject: Auto switching for remote? Reply with quote

Is it possible to have the remote switch to a different device button automatically??
For example on my Atlas 5 device remote I use the AUX device to navigate the Xlobby program on my PC using the arrow and enter buttons(which shows up on my TV thru the RGB input) .
(I use Xlobby to control my sony DVD changer).
After I select the movie thru Xlobby, it sends signals thru the USB UIRT to the Sony to start the movie and also switch the TV to the DVD input.
Now the problem is that the remote navigation keys are still controlling Xlobby and not the DVD player.
I have to manually press the DVD button on the remote to set the remote to DVD mode.
I know it's not that big a deal to press 1 button,but if I could have the remote somehow sense after a set amount of time,or however to do it for me,that would be great.
gfb107
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I understand correctly, you want the enter button in AUX mode to send the enter signal, then switch the remote to DVD mode. Is this correct?

This can be accomplished with a DSM (Device Specific Macro). What remote are you using, and are you using an extender?
The #1 Code Search FAQ and it's answer (PLEASE READ FIRST)
JP1newbie

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes that is correct.
I'm using the Atlas 5 device DVR remote with the extender 1.

After thinking about this,I don't think it will work because I might press the "enter" button a few times before I actually select the movie I want.
The remote wouldn't know when I want it to switch over.
JP1newbie

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok,I figured out that I will use a seperate button (the play button in AUX mode) to activate the DSM.Now I just need to know how to set it up.
I have the Atlas 5 device DVR remote with the extender installed.
While in the AUX device mode I want to push the play button and then have the remote switch over to the DVD device mode.Anyone care to help?
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Beginners All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: