JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Newbie, want to improve URC-8910 and Samsung TV remote

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Paully's5.0

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2003 11:18 am    Post subject: Newbie, want to improve URC-8910 and Samsung TV remote Reply with quote

Hey guys glad I found you! I have purchased the URC-8910 remote and I think it is great, it does everything I want. However, the control to my Samsung TV is rather sluggish (only to my tv, no problems with DVD, and HT system), have to hit the buttons on the remote usually more than once to get a response. The TV code is 0060 and is the only one supplied with the remote that works with my tv. Now that I have discovered this ability to mess with my remote via jp1, I would like to know where can I start to try to improve the performance of this remote?
Nils_Ekberg
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2003 11:34 am    Post subject: Re: Newbie, want to improve 8910 and Samsung TV remote Reply with quote

Paully's5.0 wrote:
Hey gus glad I found you! I have purchased the 8910 remote and I think it is great, it does everything I want. However, the control to my Samsung TV is rather sluggish (only to my tv, no problems with DVD, and HT system), have to hit the buttons on the remote usually more than once to get a response. The TV code is 0060 and is the only one supplied with the remote that works with my tv. Now that I have discovered this ability to mess with my remote via jp1, I would like to know where can I start to try to improve the performance of this remote?

The built in 0060 is NEC1 which does not do key repeats.

You can find a 1060 upgrade for the Samsung TV in the jp1 files section Samsung called RS2116 Samsung 3096 TV 1060.rmdu. It is an RM upgrade but if you need one for KM there should be one somwhere.
johnsfine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2003 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That link has one too many / on the end so it doesn't work.

Most Samsung TV's use the same signals and there are a few KM upgrades posted and that one RM upgrade.

TV/0060 will send the same thing for a very short keypress as your original remote sends, but does not send the right continuation when you hold the key down. Any of those upgrades would fix that.
Paully's5.0

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2003 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, I I got the RM file, and after a long search I have remotemaster up and running. I can load this upgrade file into RM. Now I have run IR and it sees my remote. So all seems good.

But I can't find any guides on RM and how to download this new file to my remote. I am lost. Are there any guides out there that can tell me what to do now? Am I close? Or do I have a long ride yet?

Thanks
usblipitor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2003 2:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

After you get the .rmdu file into RM and move the device functions to the remote buttons you want them on, you click on the "Output" tab (the last one on the right). There are two boxes here which need copying and pasting over to IR.exe. It is in IR.exe that you can "upload to your remote." Tips for IR.exe: before you do anything else in IR.exe, click File/Select and pick the correct .rdf for your remote.

Cheers,
JP1Files
Paully's5.0

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2003 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok I am still not quite understanding. I don't want to change any buttons at this time, the above code that I downloaded is suppose to improve my remote signal to my tv.

So here is where I am at my setup menu

and my output menu menu

Now I need to copy my output files to IR? Where in IR?

Does my setup make sense so far?

Thanks for the help!
gfb107
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2003 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In RM, click on the "Copy" button near the "Device Upgrade Code". This puts the upgrade code into the clipboard.

In IR, download from you remote (or open your saved file), then go to the "Devices" tab, and press the "Add" button. Right-click in the uppermost text are and select "Paste". Press "OK".

Now go back to the "General" tab and make sure you have set one of your device buttons to type TV and Code 1060.

Now upload to your remote.
The #1 Code Search FAQ and it's answer (PLEASE READ FIRST)
usblipitor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2003 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

click the copy button for the device upgrade code and that will copy the contents of the box to your clipboard. then open IR.exe and do file/select and pick the .rdf for your remote if you have not done that once already. then go to the device upgrade tab, click add, and then paste the upgrade into the box white box (I use ctrl-v to paste). do a file/save as so you dont lose your work, then connect your remote to the jp1 cable and click upload to remote and voila!
JP1Files
johnsfine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2003 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You should click the "Copy" button on the "Device Upgrade Code" in RM (that puts the upgrade on the Windows clipboard).

Then open the devices tab in IR.EXE and click the ADD button. Then type ^V (or right click in the upper white area and select paste from the context menu). Then Click OK.

Since you have KeyMoves in the upgrade IR will tell you to assign the upgrade to a device button immediately. If you didn't have KeyMoves inside the upgrade you would normally need to switch to the general tab and assign the upgrade to a device button there (but in some cases you want an upgrade without assigning it to a device button so IR doesn't make that decision for you).

If RM had displayed something in its upgrade protocol field you would need to do a similar process with the protocols tab of IR.
Paully's5.0

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2003 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks guys! Got it working!
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Beginners All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: