JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

a toadtog question
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tnkrer

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

floyd1977 wrote:

I understand that your TV doesn't have discrete input selects, but I thought you said there is a sequence of key presses you can use to get to the correct input for a given device. If that's the case, you can insert this sequence into the setup macro for that device.

Unfortunately none of the keys on the OEM remote bring the TV to a particular input. This is going to be my next thread on the code search forum. May be someone has found a hidden code or something
Capn Trips
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Although this has already been correctly answered by John Fine (and incorrectly by Floyd Embarassed ), I wanted to reinforce the answer in the context that it appears you asked it.
tnkrer wrote:

1. Dev_Cancel means current device? Is there a name for current device?
Dev_Cancel cancels ALL previous Dev_Commands that had been set in the currently running Macro/LKP/DKP/DSM sequence, reverting the remote's button assignments to the last set of SET_*_KEYS (or default VPT/TPT settings if NO SET_*_KEYS commands have EVER been used)The reason I led off the SHORT leg of the "Power" LKP with a "Dev_Cancel" command was that the LKP itself required a DEV_TV command to start it off. If you OMITTED the DEV_CANCEL command, then this macro/LKP would always send a "power" signal to the TV on a short press. The DEV_CANCEL cancels out that DEV_TV command and reverts the remote to executing the next function (the Power Toggle) based on your current DEV_O_KEYS setting.
tnkrer wrote:

My TV has 7 inputs, and no discrete codes for those inputs.
I am using 5 of those (composite for VCR, S for older dvd player, component for newer DVD player, VGA for my computer, DVI for HDTV
The cycle that the TV provides does not cycle thru all of these. (only cycles thru composite, S-video and component). So I have created a macro that cycles thru the inputs using DEV_TV, input select, down, enter
Can I use toadtog to remember which input I am on and then doing appropriate number of down to get to the input I want? Is that even possible? If not, what would be the best way to handle this?
Again, some have provided you some insight. I once tried to do this with merely three inputs and found that it was too hard and my brain exploded Surprised trying to design it. (I got better Rolling Eyes ) In theory, using TWO ToadTog flags, you SHOULD be able to uniquely define FOUR states, and with three flags, you could define EIGHT, but keeping track of the flags setting and clearing, and the simple fact that in certain cases, you'd be waiting for the remote to send FIVE or more toggle commands in a row, requiring you to keep the remote pointed properly for the duration (unless you're using an RF/IR extender) and the possibility of getting out-of-synch if ANY ONE of those signals is missed, made me abandon that effort.

I would suggest trying REALLY hard to identify discrete input selections.
Perhaps you'd like to try a manual Code Search (i.e. testing unused OBCs)

Does this TV use a single Device code and simple one-byte signals? You should examine your KM/RM file and see what OBCs are and are not used, and some gaps may appear that might be promising to test for any unknown functions, like discretes. Post your KM/RM file and maybe someone will be able to offer a suggestion.

I would caveat, however, that Code Searches do carry an element of risk, in that you may stumble across a master reset code of some sort that may render your component/device useless. (although except for 1 or 2 brands of TV and a particular model Pioneer Laserdisc player, I have not heard of any specific cases, and THOSE were over three years ago, or so.)

Remotes: OFA XSight Touch, AR XSight Touch
TVs: LG 65" Smart LED TV; Samsung QN850BF Series - 8K UHD Neo QLED LCD TV
RCVR: Onkyo TX-SR875; Integra DTR 40.3
DVD/VCR: Pioneer DV-400VK (multi-region DVD), Sony BDP-S350 (Blu-ray), Toshiba HD-A3 (HD-DVD), Panasonic AG-W1 (Multi-system VCR);
Laserdisc: Pioneer CLD-D704.
Amazon Firestick
tape deck: Pioneer CT 1380WR (double cassette deck)
(But I still have to get up for my beer)
floyd1977

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you go to channel 3 on your TV (or any channel really), does that get you to a known state? In other words, on my TV, if I'm on channel 3, if I hit input, I go to Video1, then Video2, etc.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: