JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Problem importing KM file into RM

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ezwrighter

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2003 11:48 am    Post subject: Problem importing KM file into RM Reply with quote

I was importing a "Tivo (Advanced)" Protocol device into RM .77 from KM 8.01 and RM reported that the protocol did not exist. The protocol in the protocols.ini file had different capatalization "TiVo (Advanced)" so it could not find it.

Once I changed the capatalization in protocols.ini everything worked fine. Might want to think about changing your comparison to equalsignorecase.

Eric
gfb107
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2003 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, protocol lookup is done using a Hashtable, which doesn't really provide a mechanism for using equalsIgnoreCase() instead of equals(). I suppose I could always convert the name to upperCase (or lower) when putting/getting protocols.

Alternatively, RM already has a mechanism for handling differences in protocol names between RM and KM (and old versions of KM). Every protocol in protocols.ini can have a OldNames attribute, which is a comma separated list of names that RM will also use to match an imported protocol name if there is no exact match.

Anyway, I think it would make sense to add code to RM to allow the user to manually select a protocol when RM fails to automatically match the protocol.
The #1 Code Search FAQ and it's answer (PLEASE READ FIRST)
ezwrighter

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2003 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hmmm, the other interesting thing was that the protocol IDs matched....is this not taken into account? Or are those fairly meaningless numbers?

Eric
gfb107
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2003 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Currently the protocol ID is not taken into account. This is just a result of the fact that the original documentation I received for the format of the saved KM upgrade files did not mention that it was there. I'll look into parsing it out and using it to help find the protocol.

It actually turns out that the protocol ID is not always enough to uniquely identify a protocol. Neither is the name, actually.
The #1 Code Search FAQ and it's answer (PLEASE READ FIRST)
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Software All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: