JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

XBox 360: Hopefully an easy question for the experts...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
merlin803

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Capn Trips wrote:
Are you actually USING Keymap Master or Remote Master? I mean in the sense of BUILDING and/or MANIPULATING your upgrade files? Or are you simply opening and changing the remote on the setup worksheet and then copying it into IR? I get the sense taht you are still not REALLY using these tools to their capability - and that implies (correct me if I'm wrong) some gaps in your reading.

You have all of the information you need to build your own upgrade for the XBox. The protocol (MCE), device(116) and subdevice(15) information are self-explanatory on the setup worksheet (unfortunately, it appears that you can only build this upgrade in RM, as KM seems to not have been updated for this protocol), and you enter the functions as OBCs (read from your learned info) on the functions worksheet, map the buttons as you wish on the layout page and copy and paste the upgrade YOU CREATED into IR. Then YOU control the upgrade, not whompus - who is a great humanitarian regardless.

Sort of the whole point of this JP1 effort is for you to use the tools provided so YOU CAN DO THIS YOURSELF, not to have whompus or Robman or someone do it for you. Now when it's something NEW or really different, then the forum members are happy to step in and help work out a solution, but you need to do some of it yourself.

Example - I don't know what your receiver upgrade does, but from what you write, it sounds like you just took another upgrade and pasted it in. Have you analyzed it? Are there in fact more than one devices "combined" in that upgrade? Or is the device combiner there only to increase duration of a signal? Perhaps you don't need it? Perhaps there's another Onkyo upgrade that "mostly" works, but the one you found may have a few additional functions that you can add to the other, or by using keymoves?

Similarly, I wouldn't ask whompus to add the additional learned functions to the XBox upgrade in the IR file he uploaded. I would instead ask him for the UPGRADE FILE ITSELF so you could add those functions yourself in RemoteMaster. Then you have MUCH GREATER CONTROL over what you are doing with your remote, rather than a reliance on what someone else has done/may (or may not) do in the future for you.

Finally, if you really want help with "streramlining" your IR file, you should upload a zipped file containing your IR file and all of the upgrades that you use in it, upload that to the diagnostic area (which we already know you DO know how to do) and post a link here. There also needs to be an easily-understandable explanation of what you are doing/attempting to do with your files, either using the generous "notes" capabilities within all of these programs, or by including a readme of some sort.

Sorry, my intent was not to have to have others do all of this work. I was just hoping that someone could take the xbox 360 learned codes and tell me how to get them into my regular extender IR file (or use them to post a KM device upgrade that other's could use also).

It has been a long while since I setup my remote and while I understand enough to use keymaster with other people's created device upgrades I do not know enough to actually create new ones myself. I'll do some more reading and try to figure out what I need to do. Thanks
whompus

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is rm file This one has 19 of the functions. Whatever was learned on L1 in the first learn is labeled NOT SURE. I think the file is still missing 3 functions.

Oh yeah Capn he wasnt asking me to do it for him. I asked him to learn the functions so I could. I was hearing a lot of mess about the remotes (same as johnsfine) and wanted to know for sure.

I would also like to see some ir files with the functions learned from the remote that is sold as universal for the 360.
Capn Trips
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

merlin803 wrote:
Sorry, my intent was not to have to have others do all of this work. I was just hoping that someone could take the xbox 360 learned codes and tell me how to get them into my regular extender IR file (or use them to post a KM device upgrade that other's could use also).
No problem, and you have indeed received such help - now, however (since whompus has posted the RM file) you can work on it yourself from here on out - like adding the rest of your functions that you have learned. The only problem may be if you are not yet running RM, since apparently this protocol isn't properly handled in KM (yet? Wink ) You will need to install and learn RemoteMaster (which many believe is more "intuitive", if you will, than KeymapMaster).

I still suggest
Quote:
Finally, if you really want help with "streamlining" your IR file, you should upload a zipped file containing your IR file and all of the upgrades that you use in it, upload that to the diagnostic area (which we already know you DO know how to do) and post a link here. There also needs to be an easily-understandable explanation of what you are doing/attempting to do with your files, either using the generous "notes" capabilities within all of these programs, or by including a readme of some sort.
, since many of us like the challenge of that sort of "hunt".

Remotes: OFA XSight Touch, AR XSight Touch
TVs: LG 65" Smart LED TV; Samsung QN850BF Series - 8K UHD Neo QLED LCD TV
RCVR: Onkyo TX-SR875; Integra DTR 40.3
DVD/VCR: Pioneer DV-400VK (multi-region DVD), Sony BDP-S350 (Blu-ray), Toshiba HD-A3 (HD-DVD), Panasonic AG-W1 (Multi-system VCR);
Laserdisc: Pioneer CLD-D704.
Amazon Firestick
tape deck: Pioneer CT 1380WR (double cassette deck)
(But I still have to get up for my beer)
merlin803

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

whompus wrote:
Here is rm file This one has 19 of the functions. Whatever was learned on L1 in the first learn is labeled NOT SURE. I think the file is still missing 3 functions.

Oh yeah Capn he wasnt asking me to do it for him. I asked him to learn the functions so I could. I was hearing a lot of mess about the remotes (same as johnsfine) and wanted to know for sure.

I would also like to see some ir files with the functions learned from the remote that is sold as universal for the 360.

The one you have labeled as NOT SURE is the function of the silver X button on the xbox remote.

Thanks for all of your help. I have everything working now.

I uploaded the RM file that I created - XBOX_360 Final
It may have some of the missing functions that you were asking about.
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=2492

Thanks again for all of your help!
Capn Trips
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One minor observation about your RM file. You use the "default" names for functions and then describe them with their "real" names in the notes column on the "functions" sheet. You (like many) incorrectly assumed that the default list of function names is fixed, which is NOT the case. You can add/delete ANY function name you want, so that the function list for your upgrade is EXACTLY correct and requires no "notes" to explain it. The names that are unchangeable are the actual button names on the remote, so you can't change THOSE on the "Buttons" or "Layout" pages

Remotes: OFA XSight Touch, AR XSight Touch
TVs: LG 65" Smart LED TV; Samsung QN850BF Series - 8K UHD Neo QLED LCD TV
RCVR: Onkyo TX-SR875; Integra DTR 40.3
DVD/VCR: Pioneer DV-400VK (multi-region DVD), Sony BDP-S350 (Blu-ray), Toshiba HD-A3 (HD-DVD), Panasonic AG-W1 (Multi-system VCR);
Laserdisc: Pioneer CLD-D704.
Amazon Firestick
tape deck: Pioneer CT 1380WR (double cassette deck)
(But I still have to get up for my beer)
whompus

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

merlin803 wrote:

Your welcome.

That file is still the 19 functions I speak of.

With your remote working I will not ask you to learn the missing functions unless you want to. If you decide to. Remember to backup your remote config in ir first. That way you have it to load back in the remote.

I just would kinda like to have all the functions of original remote and then put it in the file area.

Most people when looking for an upgrade will not look in diag area. From fear that it is not yet right.

Oh yeah. Like capin said. In functions tab you can change names dalete unused add new and such.

I kept the default and added the x and y an so on. Because I am thinking this file can be added to when I get access to one of the universal media center remotes for the 360.
merlin803

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

whompus wrote:
merlin803 wrote:

Your welcome.

That file is still the 19 functions I speak of.

With your remote working I will not ask you to learn the missing functions unless you want to. If you decide to. Remember to backup your remote config in ir first. That way you have it to load back in the remote.

I just would kinda like to have all the functions of original remote and then put it in the file area.

Most people when looking for an upgrade will not look in diag area. From fear that it is not yet right.

Their should be 21 functions in that file. Regardless, I will learn the other functions and upload the file. Their are only a few more that are not on there (I have the small media remote).
whompus

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are 21 functions set but 2 of them are repeats.

The ch up and ch down are repeats of later fuctions. If I remember from when I looked at it. they where also x and y.
merlin803

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

whompus wrote:
There are 21 functions set but 2 of them are repeats.

The ch up and ch down are repeats of later fuctions. If I remember from when I looked at it. they where also x and y.

I see. Here is the file with all of the learned commands:
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=2495
whompus

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool

Seems we got all the functions now.

I put the file in DVD area in upgrades Here

Maybe someone with the universal media center remote can have a look. I am thinking it will just be additional functions to this upgrade.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Beginners All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: