JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

9910 Onkyo TXSR600 help
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
PhantomOG

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2003 7:50 pm    Post subject: 9910 Onkyo TXSR600 help Reply with quote

i'm somewhat lost here. i want to do something very simple, just download the Onkyo TXSR600 keymap file from the JP1 group.

I open the file in the keymap master file. choose my correct remote. everything seems fine. i then copy the device update code from the setup page (via the nice little icon), paste it to the add device window in IR, it reads it correctly, but when i upload this to the remote, it never takes the receiver portion. absolutely nothing changes for the receiver device setup on my 9910.

any ideas???
Nils_Ekberg
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2003 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One step you didn't mention was assigning the upgrade to a device button on the setup panel after you pasted it into IR. Did you?
PhantomOG

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2003 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it was automatically set to tuner. i've tried amp as well with no luck.
PhantomOG

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2003 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the receiver device setup code has NEVER changed when I upload to the remote.

the new device upgrade code is 1135, is this supposed to show up on the lcd for the device code?
Nils_Ekberg
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2003 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PhantomOG wrote:
the receiver device setup code has NEVER changed when I upload to the remote.

the new device upgrade code is 1135, is this supposed to show up on the lcd for the device code?

Yes, it should. When you paste a device upgrade into IR it will never automatically change it on the device on the setup panel. Make sure you set the device button you want with the same device type and number it shows in the upgrade on the device panel
PhantomOG

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2003 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

argghhhh..

ok so i can manually change the setup code for the receiver device to 0135, upload it to the remote and i see the change take place, the remote now shows 0135 as the receiver setup code.

so i copy the device upgrade from the keymap master spread sheet to IR, set it to receiver, and upload. However now the receiver code does not come up 1135 as it should, but now it is 1023... where the heck did 1023 come from??
PhantomOG

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2003 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

how do i know if i need to upgrade a protocol or not?
usblipitor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2003 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

im sure this probably has nothing to do with it, but are you using the newest version of KM, version 8.01? also, is the protocol upgrade box empty in KM? (if not, copy that stuff to IR too) Lastly, you did file/select in IR and picked the correct .rdf file? These little things seem to pop up alot and can be frustrating.

If nothing else works, upload the files you created/modified to the diagnostics area of jp1.yahoo and someone will look at them. The experts here are a dedicated and helpful group as you have seen; probably everyone will trip over each other trying to be the first to help you solve this (big word alert) conundrum Smile
JP1Files
usblipitor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2003 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PhantomOG wrote:
how do i know if i need to upgrade a protocol or not?
If there is anything in the KM protocol upgrade box, you need to copy that over to IR also. There is a tab in IR for protocol just like there is a tab for device.
JP1Files
PhantomOG

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2003 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

getting 8.01
PhantomOG

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2003 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!

i think it was the protocol that was messing me up.

sheesh, what a relief.

now if i could only get that stupid RF/IR link working reliably.
Mark Pierson
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2003 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PhantomOG wrote:
so i copy the device upgrade from the keymap master spread sheet to IR, set it to receiver, and upload. However now the receiver code does not come up 1135 as it should, but now it is 1023... where the heck did 1023 come from??

On the General tab in IR, did you set the desired device button (RCVR?) to the proper setup code (1135) before uploading to the remote?
Nils_Ekberg
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2003 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PhantomOG wrote:
argghhhh..

ok so i can manually change the setup code for the receiver device to 0135, upload it to the remote and i see the change take place, the remote now shows 0135 as the receiver setup code.

Assuming that in KM you have the device type set to AMP and the device number set to 1135 when you paste it into IR on the device panel see what it says it is like AMP or maybe receiver and the number then go back to the setup panel and choose the button you want to control the device and set it to the device type and number from the device panel. Sometimes a device type of AMP in KM will change to RCVR in IR. So whatever it is in the IR device panel is what you want to assign it to the device button on the setup panel.

As far as how to decide if you need a protocol upgrade that is easy. KM will tell you in red on the setup panel that an upgrade is needed and it will be in a box on the bottom of the panel.
usblipitor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2003 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PhantomOG wrote:
i think it was the protocol that was messing me up.
Phantom,
You are not the first nor will you be the last newbie to not realize that the protocol box needs to be copied as well. I think I was guilty of this too when I first started a month ago Smile

Mark,
Here is an idea to kick around. If there is a protocol to be copied, after the device upgrade is copied, a popup window appears that says "don't forget to copy the protocol upgrade as well" and perhaps for experienced JPers a way to turn this feature off (such as a check box in the popup box that says "never show me this window again:). What would really be nice is a one-button way to copy both boxes to be sure it gets copied. (I suppose in 5 years RM will have IR.exe built in and all this will be mute.)
JP1Files
PhantomOG

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2003 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok, another question. there are four devices i mainly use on my receiver and i'd like to program them to the L1-L4 keys when in THEATER mode.

What's the best way to do this? Keymover mode in the remote won't let me choose the Home Theater key as the destination device.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Beginners All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: