JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Sony dvd/vcr RDR VX500 (w/Slingbox)
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
GEOFRED

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2005 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Help me please. I have a sony dvd/vcr model RDR VX500 CONNECTED TO my SlingBox. I need the code to enter into the slingbox to control the RDR. I read the posts but have no clue what do when I reach the referenced sites that are supposed to have codes. As you can tell I am a newbie.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2005 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The official code for this player is DVD/0864, so for the Slingbox, select DVD, then select Sony, then select "other", then select "Y0864".
GEOFRED

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2005 6:34 pm    Post subject: codes rdr vx500 from Sony Reply with quote

I spent a lot of time with SLINGBOX TECH SUPPORT running through the listed codes inside the SB setup. That code is one of the listed ones and does not work with the RDR VX500. The tech thought it might be the combination DVD/VCR that caused it not to work.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2005 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The code that I gave you was the standard Sony DVD/VCR combo code. I just Googled the model number and it turns out that your unit is actually a DVD recorder, so it could quite possibly respond to the DVD recorder code.

I have just created a couple of bin files for a Sony DVD recorder for the Slingbox. To use these files, you should un-zip the two files in the zip into your SBAV folder (which is in the folder you created for Sling Player).

You should then edit your SBAV.cfg file using a text editor like Notepad. Look for all occurances of Y0864 and then add Y1864 after it. The entries should look like this...

Sony=Y0533,Y0864,Y1864,Y1033

Here's the zip file...
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=2295

Give it a try and let me know if it works.
rhm5757
Advanced Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2005 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, the reason 0864 didn't work is probably because the unit is still on the default command mode 3. Change it to mode 1 and 0864 should work.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2005 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That occurred to me also, so I downloaded the VX500 manual from sony.com but I couldn't find any instructions in there on how to change the unit number, so I figured that Fred wouldn't know how to change it either.

Rob, do you know how to change the unit number on Sony DVD players and recorders? If so, that might make a nice addition to your site.
rhm5757
Advanced Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2005 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Push Setup Menu, go to Setup, then Options, then Command Mode, then select Mode1. It's on page 29 of the manual, which is referenced off the diagram of the remote control on page 119.

It should always be in the setup menu of the player, but I'm not sure if it's always buried in there in the same place. I'll have to check the various manuals sometime. At least the manuals are available for the most part.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2005 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes indeed, sure enough it's there. I guess it helps when you know what to look for. Just FYI, here's a link to the manual: Sony RDR VX500 manual
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2005 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even though GeoFred hasn't stopped back here to give us an update on this, or to say "thank you" Confused , he posted something 2 days ago over in the Sling Community to say that changing the unit code was indeed the right answer.

http://www.slingcommunity.com/forum/thread/10497/

Last edited by The Robman on Sun Aug 19, 2018 11:32 am; edited 2 times in total
Capn Trips
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2005 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, his reply to your (Robman's) post over there was pretty rude, although looking at the dates of posts, he apparently figured out the Command Code fix BEFORE it was suggested over here. He certainly didn't have the common courtesy to "close out" the thread here, so folks continued working on the problem, and came up with the correct solution.

Remotes: OFA XSight Touch, AR XSight Touch
TVs: LG 65" Smart LED TV; Samsung QN850BF Series - 8K UHD Neo QLED LCD TV
RCVR: Onkyo TX-SR875; Integra DTR 40.3
DVD/VCR: Pioneer DV-400VK (multi-region DVD), Sony BDP-S350 (Blu-ray), Toshiba HD-A3 (HD-DVD), Panasonic AG-W1 (Multi-system VCR);
Laserdisc: Pioneer CLD-D704.
Amazon Firestick
tape deck: Pioneer CT 1380WR (double cassette deck)
(But I still have to get up for my beer)
rey4747

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2007 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi guys i have this Model No: RDR-VX500 but i dont have a remote so i brought an unversal remote Model No: Rm24912 and when add code it says mode 3plz help me out
wjmontague

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 8:16 pm    Post subject: Y1864 Reply with quote

The Robman may not even be around any more but maybe someone knows if his Y1864_PL file worked for anyone. I have no problem using the Y0864 file in code 1 mode but cannot get Y1864 to work in any mode.

The reason I want Y1864 is because I can load that bin file into the RemoteMaster and make changes and enhancements. I cannot find a Y0864_PL.bin file anywhere.

Any help would be much appreciated.
alanrichey
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 2:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He is definitely alive and well Smile If he can't point you to the BIN file then let me know the Manufacturer and Model NUmber and I can build one for you.
wjmontague

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the quick response. I have Model No: RDT-VX500 by Sony it is a VCR/DVD/TV box which I can currently contol using Y0864_PL.bin and mode 1, but it does not have the ability to change to a channel using the keypad and set button like the remote. To change channels you must use the menu next chapter or prev chapter which is quite useless if you need to skip 30 or 40 channels away.

On the remote you simply press a number like 55 and then press the 'set' button and the channel changes. I believe the Y0864 file does not have a set button defined so this feature cannot be used. Also it would be great to switch between DVD/VCR and television so that I could use all the features remotely. These features could be part of the menu drop down and do not need their own buttons to use.

In RemoteCentral.Com I found a .pcf file which is easily unzipped to a ConfigEdit.XML file but I have no idea how that could be used by RemoteMaster to create a bin file.

As mentioned above 'The Robman' created a nice source code for Y1864 that I was able to examine and play around with in RemoteMaster but I was never able to get it to work in mode 1 - 2 or 3 -- so I am not sure if he ever tested the code or if anyone else ever used it.

Thanks in advance for any help with this.
alanrichey
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, I couldn't actually do anything with Rob's file as it was home made. But I found this model on the Logitech database so built a new remote for you to try.

As you specifically asked for it I have mapped the 'Set' key to the 'Enter' button (bottom right of numbers), and the DVD/VCR/TV switches in the Custom buttons.

What I haven't done is map the colour buttons, let me know what functions you would like on them (assuming it works).

Also there are quite a few functions I could not include as I ran out of buttons. Check the Readme file and let me know if any of them should be substituted. (Later: Sorry, just noticed you have access to Remotemaster, so you can do it yourself. let me know what you decide)

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=7737

Al
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Slingbox All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: