JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Help with RS 2116 Extender2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
BallTongue

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 1:07 am    Post subject: Help with RS 2116 Extender2 Reply with quote

Hi folks got a problem that im sure you guys could answer in like 2.2 seconds but i am stuck on it. I finally got the courage to load the extender2 on my RS 2116 today. I am impressed with all the features you can do with it.

So i started off slow. I added my Magnovox TV in the remote(Setup Code 0054). And tested it out and it worked great. Then i wanted to create a small macro to turn on my tv. So i went into macros and tried it out but it didn't work (The macro is [SHIFT-TV] Command is[TV:Power:phantom1]. Tried many different ways but still got the same outcome. So i thought maybe it has to do something with the [SHIFT] command. I was right, cause when i mapped the macro to a single key, my macro worked.

I don't really understand why my [SHIFT] key isn't working. I mapped it to [Enter] (with the hex value of 18.) because i thought that maybe [P] (the default for ext2) wasn't working right. But i was also wrong on that one. I think i am enabling the ext2 correctly. (TV and then Power). I don't know.

Could you guys take a look at my ir file i uploaded and tell me what retarted thing i did wrong or forgot to included?

I also added an upgrade to the ir file (Scientific Atlantic 8000 with DVR) cause the keymoves aren't working it that either. So maybe you guys could help me with that one too. Thanks again.

URL to my ir file
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=2226
Capn Trips
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 2:30 am    Post subject: Re: Help with RS 2116 Extender2 Reply with quote

BallTongue wrote:
Hi folks got a problem that im sure you guys could answer in like 2.2 seconds but i am stuck on it. I finally got the courage to load the extender2 on my RS 2116 today. I am impressed with all the features you can do with it.

So i started off slow. I added my Magnovox TV in the remote(Setup Code 0054). And tested it out and it worked great. Then i wanted to create a small macro to turn on my tv. So i went into macros and tried it out but it didn't work (The macro is [SHIFT-TV] Command is[TV:Power:phantom1]. Tried many different ways but still got the same outcome. So i thought maybe it has to do something with the [SHIFT] command. I was right, cause when i mapped the macro to a single key, my macro worked.

I don't really understand why my [SHIFT] key isn't working. I mapped it to [Enter] (with the hex value of 18.) because i thought that maybe [P] (the default for ext2) wasn't working right. But i was also wrong on that one. I think i am enabling the ext2 correctly. (TV and then Power). I don't know.

Could you guys take a look at my ir file i uploaded and tell me what retarted thing i did wrong or forgot to included?

I also added an upgrade to the ir file (Scientific Atlantic 8000 with DVR) cause the keymoves aren't working it that either. So maybe you guys could help me with that one too. Thanks again.

URL to my ir file
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=2226
Maybe not 2.2 seconds, and I'm not really seeing why your shift-TV macro should not work, but here are a couple of observations:

(1) Your attempt to reassign the "shift" key appears to be incorrect. Your IR file displays 18 (DECIMAL) which is not the "enter" key. It is the CBL key (I believe). According to the extender README section on defining the shift key:
Quote:
You can type a hex value in the settings area by
prefixing it with "$". IR will change it to the decimal value.
ergo, IR displays the DECIMAL keycode value, so you should enter $18 and IR will then change it to 24. That would explain why NONE of your shifted functions worked as you intended, BUT...

(2) This would not explain, however, why they didn't work BEFORE you reassigned the shift key. I see no reason for this, other than a physical problem with the shift key. Without the extender installed, does the shift key work normally? i.e. can you use it to program the remote in accordance with the owner's manual? can you manually send EFCs? etc. etc. etc.

(3) Finally, although this also should not affect the problem you're having, your TV power macro could be more efficiently structured. Currently, you have the following:

Shift-TV executes: TV;Power;phantom 1
(a) TV (which is itself a macro) - DEV_TV; phantom 1 (a third nested macro)
(b) Power
(c) phantom 1 - a SECOND iteration of the phantom 1 macro.

The degree of nesting is not an issue, nor does it appear that the total number of pending macro steps ought to be, but you have unnecessarily nested three macros, and repeat the phantom1 command twice. I see no reason why this should not work, but it's a bit awkward. I would write your macro as follows:
DEV-TV;Power;Phantom 1

Remotes: OFA XSight Touch, AR XSight Touch
TVs: LG 65" Smart LED TV; Samsung QN850BF Series - 8K UHD Neo QLED LCD TV
RCVR: Onkyo TX-SR875; Integra DTR 40.3
DVD/VCR: Pioneer DV-400VK (multi-region DVD), Sony BDP-S350 (Blu-ray), Toshiba HD-A3 (HD-DVD), Panasonic AG-W1 (Multi-system VCR);
Laserdisc: Pioneer CLD-D704.
Amazon Firestick
tape deck: Pioneer CT 1380WR (double cassette deck)
(But I still have to get up for my beer)
BallTongue

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Capn for your response. So I took your info and reprogrammed the remote to the RS 2116 default. I figured the macro i was trying to create with the extender wouldn't work so I loaded up my cable upgrade (Scientific Atlantic 8000 w/DVR). It had some [SHIFT] fuctions that were working before i uploaded the extender.

But when i went to the CBL box and tried the Shift fucntions nothing was happening. So i tried loading it again thinking i didn't load the default for the 2116. But still no go. I am starting to think something is wrong with my remote. Before i loaded the extender my shift key was working fine. But now its not working at all. I hope i didn't screw up my remote.

One thing i forgot to mention was when i first loaded the extender the remote wasn't functioning properly. I went to load the extender. IR gave me a warning message (Im sure this is normal) but when i went to hit the power button the remote wasn't functioning. So i went to download from the remote and then IR told me there was no response from the remote. So i tried somthing i read in the forums. I switched one of the batteries around and then I was able to download from the remote. So i loaded up the extender again and i was able to enable the 2nd time. Dunno what seems to be the problem. If anyone can shed some light on my misfortune i would appreciate it.

P.S. Im going to download the cbl upgrade again cause i made some changes and maybe that is why the shift key isn't working. Just trying everything in hopes that i will work.
MPSAN

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is what helped me with my 2117.

See this thread..
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=5162

I created a shifted 0 for the LKP. Then I added SHIFT-0 at the end of the AUX macro. Works great. I tried just removing phantom1 so AUX said DEV_AUX, but that was not enough. I even defined ch keys, but what I have now seems to work great! I will now move to my other devices. Not sure just what was in phantom one that was needed...when I get a chance I can add stuff back, but for now I will move on to my VCR (ReplayTV) and CBL which is a dct6412. All defined but I want LKP to power on tv and set vcr or cbl input.
BallTongue

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks MPSAN for your post. I don't know what i was thinking when i thought [ENTER] was the shift button for my 2116. I read your post and then went to the FAQ and saw that [P] was the shift button. I went back started fresh and it worked. Very Happy Very Happy. Thanks you guys for helping a struggling JP1 user.
Capn Trips
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm glad you solved your problem, but did you not read my earlier answer?
Capn Trips wrote:
(1) Your attempt to reassign the "shift" key appears to be incorrect. Your IR file displays 18 (DECIMAL) which is not the "enter" key. It is the CBL key (I believe). According to the extender README section on defining the shift key:
Quote:

You can type a hex value in the settings area by
prefixing it with "$". IR will change it to the decimal value.

ergo, IR displays the DECIMAL keycode value, so you should enter $18 and IR will then change it to 24. That would explain why NONE of your shifted functions worked as you intended,
I thought I pretty clearly pointed out that you were using the WRONG key for your "shift" key.

Remotes: OFA XSight Touch, AR XSight Touch
TVs: LG 65" Smart LED TV; Samsung QN850BF Series - 8K UHD Neo QLED LCD TV
RCVR: Onkyo TX-SR875; Integra DTR 40.3
DVD/VCR: Pioneer DV-400VK (multi-region DVD), Sony BDP-S350 (Blu-ray), Toshiba HD-A3 (HD-DVD), Panasonic AG-W1 (Multi-system VCR);
Laserdisc: Pioneer CLD-D704.
Amazon Firestick
tape deck: Pioneer CT 1380WR (double cassette deck)
(But I still have to get up for my beer)
MPSAN

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No problem. I just thought that you had the same issue...kind of...that I had.

BallTongue wrote:
Thanks MPSAN for your post. I don't know what i was thinking when i thought [ENTER] was the shift button for my 2116. I read your post and then went to the FAQ and saw that [P] was the shift button. I went back started fresh and it worked. Very Happy Very Happy. Thanks you guys for helping a struggling JP1 user.

Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Extenders All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: