JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

15-2117 Quick LKP help
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MPSAN

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2005 3:57 pm    Post subject: 15-2117 Quick LKP help Reply with quote

Hello ALL:

I have a lot working and just want the final upgrade to work...if there is ever a final. Very Happy I just am not sure of the changing X, etc as sometimes it means shift or x shift. I have looked everywhere and IR Special Prot makes this so easy...if not using a DEV key.

I want LKP to work on my DEV keys so that TV will set remote to TV and a LKP will turn it on. The same is true of CBL in that I want LKP to turn on the TV and set the TV input to CBL. I keep the CBL box (DCT6412) always on.

LKP is working but I can not get it to work on a Device key. I am confused by the following as to what X_TV maans.
TV button = "X_TV; Phantom1;",

In addition, what is this...

use the X_ temporary device
selection command

In order to do that, just create an L/DKP macro on a
key move in any device mode and use the X_ temporary device
selection command for that device.

For example, put a LKP macro on the Phantom1 in the TV mode

Also, what is O and V...is it Set_Other_Keys and Vol keys?

The device selection won't change unless
you explicitly include the permanent device selection commands
(O_TV, V_TV, etc.)

This would be useful if you want put two different actions on a
device button. In order to do that, just create an L/DKP macro on a
key move in any device mode and use the X_ temporary device
selection command for that device.

For example, put a LKP macro on the Phantom1 in the TV mode, then
create a macro on the TV button = "X_TV; Phantom1;", and then the
LKP macro will run in any device mode except for the ones that you
have key moves on the TV button (IR.exe lays out all key moves
before any macros, and the extender executes whichever it finds
first. You may need to drag a key move or a macro in IR.exe to
trigger this sorting.) The device selection won't change unless
(O_TV, V_TV, etc.)
greenough1

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2005 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

X_TV is a temporary setting of the TV device. when X_TV is executed, it's like you just did a short key press (SKP) of the TV device button. You use this in a macro when you want the remote keys to behave the way they behave when you have selected the TV device.

So X_TV;Phantom1; will select the TV device and Phantom1 is a device specific macro (DSM) that then executes a bunch of stuff that you need to set up the TV remote buttons.

the prefixes O_, V_, etc. are for groups of the keys. V_ is the volume keys, T_ is for transport keys, etc. By the way all of this is in the extender document.

I think I have my remote doing pretty much what you want to do. A short key press on a device key selects that device (and sets up the remote buttons to operate that device as well as allowing for any volume or transport punch-throughs). A long key press executes a macro that can select a number of different devices, and perform operations on them. e.g. LKP on CBL does this:
select RCVR and switch to input V1 and unmute it
select TV and switch to input HD
make sure CBL box in turned on
Leave the remote so that volume is controled by RCVR (V_RCVR), channels are controlled by the cable box (V_CBL), transport buttons are controlled by the cable box (actually a DVR) (T_CBL), other buttons (menu, guide, info) are controlled by the cable box (O_CBL).

Hope this helps a bit.

Best,
jeff
MPSAN

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2005 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

greenough1 wrote:
X_TV is a temporary setting of the TV device

Thank you. I do understand that T_ is shorthand for my Set_Transport_Keys...no problem.

What I still do not get is if the X_TV is shorthand for DEV_TV.

I just do not see any way to do this..

greenough1 wrote:
X_TV is a temporary setting of the TV device. when X_TV is executed, it's like you just did a short key press (SKP) of the TV device button. You use this in a macro when you want the remote keys to behave the way they behave when you have selected the TV device.

As I said, all my stuff works, even LKP, but I can not get it working on the DEV keys.

TIA
MPSAN

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2005 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could it be that I have no idea what a X_TV is because I am still running EXT2 on my 15-2117? I have read everything and just don't "get it".
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2005 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MPSAN wrote:
As I said, all my stuff works, even LKP, but I can not get it working on the DEV keys.

I'm no extender expert, but that doesn't make sense. With an extender running, the device keys are just as meaningless as all the other buttons. They don't have any meaning until you give them meaning by programming something to them, so if you can get your LKP working on button-x, you should be able to get it working on button-y (regardless of what the x and y buttons actually are).
MPSAN

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2005 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know and I even used the IR SPcl Prot Fns tab. Very nice and easy.

If Bound Device is AUX (which is where my X10 is) and the Key is say 0,
SKP is dev_aux;5
lkp is dev_aux;5;ch+
if I hit zero it just selectd 5, as expected. If I hold 0, then the lamp goes on. All OK.

IF I do the same, but the DEV and KEY are set to AUX, it will not work. I just want to make it select 5 when I hit AUX and turn the lamp on if I do a LKP on AUX. In fact the reason this is important is that I want to use this method for VCR (RPTV) and CBL (6412). Long will turn on TV and set input and short will only select device. I just do not know what I am missing.

Still do not see what a X_TV, or X_CBL means.

Thanks as always,

Dave...it is so close to working!

The Robman wrote:
MPSAN wrote:

I'm no extender expert, but that doesn't make sense. With an extender running, the device keys are just as meaningless as all the other buttons. They don't have any meaning until you give them meaning by programming something to them, so if you can get your LKP working on button-x, you should be able to get it working on button-y (regardless of what the x and y buttons actually are).

greenough1

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2005 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok. I can answer what X_TV does. Within a macro, it is a temporary device selction. So for my example above where I need to select an input on the tv and unmute the RCVR, that'd look like:

X_RCVR;Mute;1;X_TV;FWD; where 1 for device RCVR selects input V1 and FWD for device TV selects input HD.

Note that the remote will exit this macro with the TV device selected as it's last. If you wanted, say CBL, to be selected at exit, then put X_CBL at the end.

Best,
jeff
MPSAN

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2005 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you, but where do you enter X_TV, etc? I ask as I do not see it come up in any IR or RM pulldown, etc.

Somehow, DEV AUX and Key AUX did not seem correct.
greenough1

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2005 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you useing an extender? If so then this is part of the extender. If you're not using an extender, then you're looking at incorrect instructions.

An extender is the only way to get macro functionality onto a dev key and in particular LKP on to a dev key.

Best,
jeff
MPSAN

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2005 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I am using Extender 2 for the 15-2116/2117. Do I need EXT3?

I just do not see where to select an X_TV, or X_AUX, etc.

greenough1 wrote:
Are you useing an extender? If so then this is part of the extender. If you're not using an extender, then you're looking at incorrect instructions.

An extender is the only way to get macro functionality onto a dev key and in particular LKP on to a dev key.

Best,
jeff

greenough1

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2005 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure and I don't have the computer with my remote stuff with me. If you don't see the pull down in IR, then I believe that it's not there. Maybe post in the extender forum your last question. Sorry that I didn't solve your problem.

jeff
Capn Trips
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2005 1:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MPSAN wrote:
Yes, I am using Extender 2 for the 15-2116/2117. Do I need EXT3?

I just do not see where to select an X_TV, or X_AUX, etc.

greenough1 wrote:

Best,
jeff
I'm afraid that "WE" the collective JP1 community, have not been helpful - and if fact have contributed to your confusion here. Although the basic function of most extenders is very similar, there have been many different authors of different extenders, and each has its own nuances that one must deal with. In the case of the 2116/2117 extender(s)

THERE ARE NO X_device keys!

As your extender README says:

Quote:
Temporary Device Selection:
---------------------------

Within a macro, you often want to issue a key to a specific device
regardless of the device the key is tied to and without disturbing that
relationship. You can use the DEV_ commands to do that.
For example, the sequence
DEV_TV; 0; 3
in a macro would send the 0 and 3 keys to the TV regardless of the device
tied to the 0 and 3 keys.

The DEV_ selection is automatically canceled when the outermost macro (see
nested macros) completes.

There is also DEV_Cancel command which will cancel the current DEV_
command in a macro. If the above example were intended for use as a
top level macro, there would be no need for it to explicitly cancel its DEV_
command. If the above example were in a general purpose macro that might
be called by other macros, you probably should change it to:
DEV_TV; 0; 3; DEV_Cancel

While a DEV_ command is active, it applies to all keys. Any assignments made
by the SET_xxx_KEYS commands are ignored.

The problem is that the LKP readme bundled with the extender incorrectly refers to the OTHER technique of device selection, and NOT the one you have Embarassed. I am the author of NOTHING, but the user of both of these extrenders, hence my passing familiarity. What that 2116 LKP readme SHOULD say, would be along these lines:

Quote:
Tips
----

1) "Global" L/DKP

You can include a Long (or Double) Press macro in a regular macro.
This would be useful if you want put two different actions on a
device button. In order to do that, just create an L/DKP macro on a
key move in any device mode and use the DEV_device temorary device selection command for that device.

For example, put a LKP macro on the Phantom1 in the TV mode, then
create a macro on the TV button = "DEV_TV; Phantom1;", and then the
LKP macro will run in any device mode except for the ones that you
have key moves on the TV button (IR.exe lays out all key moves
before any macros, and the extender executes whichever it finds
first. You may need to drag a key move or a macro in IR.exe to
trigger this sorting.) The device selection won't change unless
(SET_OTHER_KEYS, SET_VOL_TV, etc.)

This may be more detail than you need, but in SOME extenders, you assign keysets by a SINGLE command while in others (like the 2116/2117) it requires TWO commands. For example, to assign the PIP keyset to the TV device with the RS 15-1994 extenders, requires only "P_TV", while for the RS 15-2116/2117 extenders, this same assignment requires TWO - "DEV_TV,SET_PIP_KEYS".

In the latter case, the DEV_device command ONLY CONTROLS THE COMMANDS THAT FOLLOW AND IS, BY ITS VERY NATURE A TEMPORARY DEVICE SELECTION. Since in the former case, there is no such formulation, the extender creators added an ADDITIONAL functionality for temporary device selection, the X_device key. Your extender does not have this X_device formulation, and all you do for temporary device selection is use the appropriate DEV_device command..

Remotes: OFA XSight Touch, AR XSight Touch
TVs: LG 65" Smart LED TV; Samsung QN850BF Series - 8K UHD Neo QLED LCD TV
RCVR: Onkyo TX-SR875; Integra DTR 40.3
DVD/VCR: Pioneer DV-400VK (multi-region DVD), Sony BDP-S350 (Blu-ray), Toshiba HD-A3 (HD-DVD), Panasonic AG-W1 (Multi-system VCR);
Laserdisc: Pioneer CLD-D704.
Amazon Firestick
tape deck: Pioneer CT 1380WR (double cassette deck)
(But I still have to get up for my beer)
greenough1

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2005 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And just to carry that out a bit further, the DEV_device key selection should be in a drop-down menu within IR assuming the appropriate rdf's have been found?

I too apologize for adding to the confusion. I saw X_device and I new what that was since I'd used it to extend my 8811.
jeff
MPSAN

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2005 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you so much everyone. As I said, I used the IR Special Prot tab and did build a LKP...it just would not work on the AUX button. In fact I had defined SKP as dev_aux:5 and LKP as dev_aux;5;ch+ (this turns X10 lamp on).

That does work, as long as it is NOT on the AUX key. I could make it the AUX device and then have it put on the device Phantom1 key, but my 0167 device is built in so have no way, in RM, to create a device phantom 1....or at least I do not know how to do this.

I will try further...I just want AUX (my X10) and VCR and TV buttons to power something on and switch inputs during LKP of the device button. At any rate, now I know why I can not find the X_DEV. Thank you all for helping and I will try again
mr_d_p_gumby
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2005 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MPSAN wrote:
That does work, as long as it is NOT on the AUX key.
It likely did not work because the extender defines a default macro on the AUX button, which usually would take precedence over the LKP you are defining. What you should try is to put the LKP on a SHIFTed or XSHIFTed button somewhere, and then add that button to the end of the existing macro on the AUX button.

If you have no use for the default macro on the AUX button, you could delete it and then the LKP will work directly on the AUX button.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: