JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

DSM GREYED OUT ?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sam

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2005 4:25 pm    Post subject: DSM GREYED OUT ? Reply with quote

Hi,
Why is the DSM greyed out in special protocols ?

Trying to learn all I can.

Thanks
Capn Trips
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2005 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A rather vague question, but I presume you are talking about IR.exe, and in the Special Protocols tab, when you select "add", the drop-down in the dialog box shows DSM, but it is greyed out. Is that correct?

I'm pretty sure it means that the DSM upgrade is not resident in your Device upgrade section. Only those Special Protocols actually present in your open IR file will be "active" in the Special Protocols window. You would have to add the DSM device and protocol upgrades on the device and protocol upgrade pages, respectively, to make that option available on the Special protocols page.

Remotes: OFA XSight Touch, AR XSight Touch
TVs: LG 65" Smart LED TV; Samsung QN850BF Series - 8K UHD Neo QLED LCD TV
RCVR: Onkyo TX-SR875; Integra DTR 40.3
DVD/VCR: Pioneer DV-400VK (multi-region DVD), Sony BDP-S350 (Blu-ray), Toshiba HD-A3 (HD-DVD), Panasonic AG-W1 (Multi-system VCR);
Laserdisc: Pioneer CLD-D704.
Amazon Firestick
tape deck: Pioneer CT 1380WR (double cassette deck)
(But I still have to get up for my beer)
Sam

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2005 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I appologize for the vagueness of the question.
And yes you are correct.

I'll try to find the DSM upgrade you refer to. I'll be more specific in the future.

Thanks for the help,

Sam
Nils_Ekberg
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2005 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The DSM upgrade will be part of the extender package. I am not sure which remote you have so I am not sure if there is a standalone version available but check in the special protocols file folder.
Sam

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2005 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, My remotes are the 6131. I had checked in the special protocols file folder and didn't find it. And I am using the 6131 Extender.

Any additional info on this is greatly appreciated.

Sam
Nils_Ekberg
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2005 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On the 6131 the DSM is built into the extender as TV 1103 not as a separate device and protocol so the special protocol tab does not support it that is why it is greyed out. I will try to figure out a way to fake it but in the interim the extender docs tell you how to run it the old way with a keymove and hex values.
binky123
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2005 2:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One workaround is to load in a device that uses the protocol 01FC.

Upgrade Code 0 = 1C 51 (TV/1105)
FC 00 01
End

This will enable the DSM Type box in IR's Spcl Prot Fns Tab. You can then construct your macro. After clicking the OK button, IR will complain about the missing 01FC protocol. You can then edit the entry again and click on the hex cmd checkbox to copy and paste the hex cmds into your KeyMove entry. Don't forget to delete the device TV/1105 when done.

The docs say you can put up to 13 KeyCodes into a KeyMove entry directly when using the extender. The standard DSM on the unextended and extended remotes involves a KeyMove to a phantom key and a macro on that phantom key.
Sam

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2005 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,
Thanks both of you. binky123, I'm trying to follow your instructions and I think I'm almost there.

I now have the ability to load a DSM (not greyed out) however, when I get to the "IR will complain about the missing 01FC protocol" I can't seem to figure out where or how to properly enter the correct information.

When I click on the hex cmd check box, the following is already there...$17 $1A $1B. I'm not sure where to copy and paste hex cmds to/from.

Can you please step me through this part ?

And Nils_Ekberg, I did do it the old way with keymoves and hex values and phantom keys, but that appears it will only work for 4 phantom keys.Not enough keys. Unless I'm wrong.But thanks.

Much thanks !

Sam
binky123
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2005 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IR enables the DSM protocol type only if a device upgrade is loaded that references the 01FC protocol. The 01FC protocol is to implement the DSM but on the 6131 it is already included as part of the pseudo-device TV/1103. Thus, a separate protocol is not needed. You are using the Special Protocol Functions Tab to create the DSM macros hex cmds. After that, you just copy and paste the hex cmds into your KeyMoves Tab entry that uses the target setup code TV/1103. Click on the hex cmd select box and then paste the hex cmds in that were copied from the Special Protocl Functions Tab.

I believe you can also use the Shift-PhantomX and XShift-PhantomX keys as well for your macros.
Sam

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, Please bear with me. How do I create the DSM macros in the special protocol functions tab if the DSM is still greyed out ?

I think I understand the copy and paste in the keymove tab and have done the TV 1103 in the Keymove tab.

Thanks for your patience,

Sam
binky123
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's the point of loading the device TV/1105 that references the 01FC protocol. It allows you to see the DSM type in the tab and use it to compose your macro and then copy it. After you've composed and copied it, you can delete the TV/1105 device. I thought you said you had the ability to load a DSM as it wasn't greyed out anymore.
Nils_Ekberg
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For the 6131 it needs to be TV/1103. With the following device added you shoild be able to program it in the SP tab

Upgrade Code 0 = 1C 4F (TV/1103)
FC 00 01
End
Sam

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,
binky123,you're right,I did say I could load a DSM using TV/1105.But, you said that " but on the 6131 it is already included as part of the pseudo-device TV/1103.Thus, a separate protocol is not needed."So I was trying to do it with the TV 1103. I guess I misunderstood you.

Nils_Ekberg, I'll try that!

Thank you both very much for your help, it's much appreciated!

Sam
Sam

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ALRIGHT!

Nils_Ekberg, I did as you said and that works great. That's exactly what I needed to set the remote up the way I wanted to.

Once again, thank you all very much, this is great !

Regards,

Sam
Nils_Ekberg
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad it worked for you Sam.. Enjoy.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: