JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

RUS0RUS0 Russound, how to create rdf, can someone help me?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - New Remotes & RDFs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pcorpe

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2005 8:20 am    Post subject: RUS0RUS0 Russound, how to create rdf, can someone help me? Reply with quote

OK I'm getting this slowly,

I have i nice new shiney cable and a URC-7550 one for all remote to learn from.

I'm trying to change some settings on another remote identified in IR as a RUS0RUS0, it is a learning remote too, with an appropriate JP1 connector.

however as the device has no rdf file i thought i'd learn using my URC-7550, however the learned signals aren't decoded they simply give information such as +5746 -2910 +1880 -1910 +1880 -1910 +3788 -22362

I've pulled down the raw data from the RUS0RUS0 ava. here
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=2059

so i guess what i need to do know is somehow decode this puppy.... and that's where i need help.

I've read the excellent jp1 doc for beginners, but not being able to decode the keys i'm kinda stuck, anyone want to step up and help out?

please let me know if i've missed any info out.

thanks, Pete

Last edited by pcorpe on Sun Aug 14, 2005 11:41 am; edited 1 time in total
johnsfine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2005 10:47 am    Post subject: Need help building an RDF Reply with quote

When you asked about DecodeIR in the tite of your post, you probably caused the first people you should get help from to ignore your post.

IIUC, the main thing you need is an RDF file for the JP1 remote for which you uploaded a .ir file. There are a few experts who usually help with that (once they notice a new RDF file is needed). I'm not one of those.

IIUC, you have learned some signals from ?? into that JP1 remote that lacks RDF file, then you relearned at least one from there to a 7550. The result of that wasn't decoded by DecodeIr. Maybe that represents some new protocol for which I should add DecodeIr support. Maybe it represents some flaw in your double learning. I'd rather work with the original learns rather than the relearns. But that requires a preliminary RDF file identifying the learning section of your remote.

I'll look into the DecodeIr side of this after someone provides a preliminary RDF file.
pcorpe

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2005 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah i guess, both remotes are jp1 and both are learning remotes.

i don't have a RDF for the russound remote, so i learned a few commands onto a URC-7550 but the learned codes seemed odd as posted, I'd hoped that as i had the rdf for the URC-7550 I could get all the infor from the learning process.

The remote can't be that new, infact Russound have discontinued the product (joy), so i doubt it's a new protocol. I wrongly assumed that DecodeIR has to decose the code, but i guess the RDF files gives it the information to start from?

I don't think I've double learned, the code came from the original russound remote via the URC-7550
mr_d_p_gumby
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2005 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's a real quick starter RDF.
pcorpe

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2005 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the file, looks good, gonna see what i can do.
johnsfine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2005 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess I misunderstood:

The Russound remote is a learning remote and has its learning memory full (mainly with Aiwa signals). But those aren't the signals you're interested in.

The Russound remote seems to have several built-in setup codes, such as CBL/1120, that aren't in Rob's master list of setup codes, so I don't know what they are.

I guess you learned a signal from one of those built-in setup codes to the 7550 and got something DecodeIr couldn't decode.

If I'm on the right track, what setup code was that? I assume the list on the general tab of IR (now that you have a starter RDF) roughly matches what you programmed into the Russound in setting it up.

To add DecodeIr support I'll need several different functions from the same protocol and I'll need them in a .ir file (of the 7550 after it learned them) rather than a copy of what IR.EXE displayed on screen.

But, what are you actually trying to accomplish? I like to add DecodeIr support for every protocol anyone finds via JP1 or Pronto, but I assume that wasn't your objective. You wanted to do something and seemed to think that decoding that learned signal was a step toward your goal.
pcorpe

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 3:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah spot on, sorry i've not been very clear. my objectives are

1. to program most of the buttons on the russound remote to be useful (currently limited by learned coses etc)

2. to make another remote do the same as the finished russound remote

correct i did learn the signals to the 7550, but i learned by putting the 2 remotes together not using a code, what and how do i need to give you what you need?
Capn Trips
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 5:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pcorpe wrote:
1. to program most of the buttons on the russound remote to be useful (currently limited by learned coses etc)
Well, that remains pretty vague.
pcorpe wrote:
2. to make another remote do the same as the finished russound remote
That's probably a lot easier, once we accomplish number 1. In fact, I would guess it's easier to do number 2 before you do number 1 (unless John guessed correctly that you have a built-in code in the Russound that is NOT in the 7550 - but in that case, just learn a few sugnals from THAT code to the 7550, as well)
pcorpe wrote:
correct i did learn the signals to the 7550, but i learned by putting the 2 remotes together not using a code, what and how do i need to give you what you need?
You are trying to pursue two parallel paths here, which you need to keep separate and distinct. The fact that the Russound remote is a learner is wonderful, but sort of immaterial until you have a good working rdf for it. You need to continue working with Mike on developing the rdf. Once that's done, you can program the Russound with JP1.

MEANWHILE...Since you have 2 learning remotes, use the one with KNOWN support (the 7550) to learn and decode all of the signals you are trying to program. If IR does not decode them, post the entire IR file (or several, if your learning memory gets full) to the diagnosis area, describing what is learned where, and post a link to it here, and John or somebody will help you decode these mystery signals.

Remotes: OFA XSight Touch, AR XSight Touch
TVs: LG 65" Smart LED TV; Samsung QN850BF Series - 8K UHD Neo QLED LCD TV
RCVR: Onkyo TX-SR875; Integra DTR 40.3
DVD/VCR: Pioneer DV-400VK (multi-region DVD), Sony BDP-S350 (Blu-ray), Toshiba HD-A3 (HD-DVD), Panasonic AG-W1 (Multi-system VCR);
Laserdisc: Pioneer CLD-D704.
Amazon Firestick
tape deck: Pioneer CT 1380WR (double cassette deck)
(But I still have to get up for my beer)
pcorpe

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 8:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

objective 1.
the russound remote controls a series of wall mounted audio panels for distributed audio throughout the house, the audio panels connect back to a main 'hub' via a series of cat5 cables, this hub has 4 audio inputs, and 4 ir emmitters, to control the relevant audio equipment.

There are 15 buttons on the remote dedicated to the operation of the audio panels, the rest (approx 25) are for use on the audio devices via the ir emmitters. you program the russound remote with various codes for the audio equipment and everythings cool.

However the remote doesn't have enough learned key spaces for em to do everything i want to do, i figured the ability to use a jp1 cable to change the non keypad related buttons the easiest option, however as you correctly point out there is no related rdf file (or wansn't)

objective 2
i figured if i learned the russound audio keys to the 7550 then i could reach this objective easily, i also figured that the appropriate software would be able to give me the codes for the russouns buttons etc.
johnsfine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pcorpe wrote:
i did learn the signals to the 7550, but i learned by putting the 2 remotes together not using a code, what and how do i need to give you what you need?

I understood the mechanics of learning from the Russound remote to the 7550. But the Russound seems to be a programmable multi-device remote similar in internal function to the other JP1 remotes. That means every signal it can send other than learned signals comes from some setup code (device type and four digit number).

I don't know how similar it is in user operation to other JP1 remotes. With typical JP1 remotes you have device keys (TV, VCR, CBL, etc.) that you press to select a device. Each device key is previously programmed with some setup code, so by pressing that device key you are primarily selecting that setup code. Then when you press an ordinary key it is comming from that setup code.

The way you describe the 15 "dedicated" buttons vs the other buttons might mean that some buttons stay in a single device mode regardless of which device button was pressed last. We still should be able to figure out which device mode and setup code that is.

IR.EXE with RDF file that was posted is probably showing us the correct setup codes that were programmed in your Russound remote. Maybe it is even showing the right device keys.

I can start figuring out the DecodeIr side of this as soon as you give me a .ir file from the 7550 containing several signals learned from the Russound. It would help to have a list of which Russound button was learned to which 7550 button.
johnsfine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pcorpe wrote:

However the remote doesn't have enough learned key spaces for em to do everything i want to do, i figured the ability to use a jp1 cable to change the non keypad related buttons the easiest option,

Most of your learned signals are Aiwa protocol. Which device or devices do those learned signals control?

You should use that RDF file and open the .IR file you posted in IR.EXE and examine the list of learned signals. Probably it will help remind you which functions you learned on the way to filling your Russound's memory. Hopefully it will also give some hints about how the real names of device keys and ordinary keys in your Russound relate to the names in that preliminary RDF.

For the devices needing those learned signals, do they operate only by learned signals? Or is there partial support for those devices by built-in setup code (which?) and the leaned signals only needed for extra functions?
pcorpe

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will post a .ir file from the 7550 with learned codes from the russound remote as soon as i can, the buttons i hope to learn on the 7550 will be primarily the dedicated russound buttons.

the russound remote does indeed have cbl,tv and aud device buttons, however these have relavance only to the 25 or so non russound specific buttons, (i do want to change all of these but the remote stops after learning about 8, i'm hoping the jp1 process will enable me to make use of all these buttons for the various audio devices, mostly awia at the moment, cause tha's all i have space for.)

the other russound buttons are independant of the other 25 buttons, ie when pointing the remote at a wall keypad the russouns buttons always effect the local keypad, all the other buttons are 'relayed' through the panel and sent to the external audio exquipment via the ir emmitters on the russound hub.

other than the remote not having a complete rdf (yet) i think these buttons are the ones not recognised, the others i'm guessing should be simply simialr to any other learned commands?
johnsfine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For your objective of freeing up some learning memory in the Russound, review the list of learned signals in IR.exe. For us to help you much, we need some idea of what each learned signal is for.

For example, your first learned signal is DEV1, the vol+ key. We don't yet know which device button on your Russound is DEV1 (you ought to try to figure that out). The signal learned on that button is a common Aiwa Vol+ signal. It happens to be the VOL+ signal in the built-in setup code AUDIO/1405 which you have assigned to DEV5.

Did you have some reason to assign DEV5's VOL+ function to DEV1? Or was it something you did while learning how to use the Russound's learning, and then forgot?

You have that same VOL+ function in DEV6 as both the VOL+ key and the shifted VOL+ key.

If you actually want the AUDIO/1405's VOL+ function on a bunch of different keys that is better done with KeyMoves rather than learned signals.
pcorpe

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Humm good question, yes the vol+ of the russound remote (DEV1) is currently programmed with the vol+ for an Awia stereo, unsure about the DEV6 key though, guess i must have done something ages ago...
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - New Remotes & RDFs All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: