JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Pioneer DVD 588A - Please help?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search (Closed)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rmassey

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2005 12:54 pm    Post subject: Pioneer DVD 588A - Please help? Reply with quote

1. Device: Pioneer DVD 588A
2. Type of device: DVD
3. JP1 Remote model: RS 15-1994
4. JP1 user? Yes, I have a working JP1 cable
5. Still have original remote? Yes - Brand new DVDP
6. Checked the file section?

Yes - I DL'd the device code from the Yahoo JP1 group device files section. Is this still current, or should I look elsewhere. I am using this file: Pioneer DV-563A DVD Player for URC9910.

First thing I do is change the device to RS 15-1994 to use with my remote and nothing works after I upload the device code to IR.exe and then upload to the RS remote. My understanding is that I could DL this file, change the device type and it should work AOK? Am I missing something here?

7. Checked Pronto file section (at R/C)? Not yet.
8. Partially working setup code?

yes, I do get some functions to work, if I leave the device set to URC9910. Pause works (pause), Zoom (rt arrow) and a few others work. if I set it to 15-1994, I get nothing.

9. Learning remote question?

I learned several remote keys, upto available memory. The EFC's I am seeing in IR.exe are the same as listed in the Pioneer DV-563A DVD Player for URC9910 device file. So it looks like I don't really need to learn all the keys from the factory remote. the supplied EFC/OBCs are correct. When I learn a key, I see some simple keys like Pause = EFC/OBC 002/159. then I see some of the two device keys like Pwr shows as three lines in the learned signal tab of Ir.exe

Pioneer 163 153 66 001
Pioneer 175 188 C2 028
Gap524? 35 185

Is the third line significant, is this the Cmd1 (OBC): value on the KM setup tab (perhaps)? Is there an online reference that can explain learing commands and building a KM device code to xfer into IR.exe. Seems like I have a gap in my knowledge here. I am certainly willing to read a bit more, I just thought I had enough to get going on this one.

Also, I have not found discrete on/off for this DVDP yet, anyone with tips for these would be great.

thanks for your assistance.

rm
Mark Pierson
Expert

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2005 2:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Pioneer DVD 588A - Please help? Reply with quote

rmassey wrote:
Pioneer DV-563A DVD Player for URC9910.

First thing I do is change the device to RS 15-1994 to use with my remote and nothing works after I upload the device code to IR.exe and then upload to the RS remote. My understanding is that I could DL this file, change the device type and it should work AOK? Am I missing something here?
When you selected the 15-1994 remote, did you happen to notice the error message *** Protocol Code cannot be calculated or is not available ***?

The 1994 uses a different version of the Pioneer DVD protocol. Select Pioneer DVD as the protocol, copy the new upgrade code over to IR, and try the upgrade again.
rmassey

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2005 5:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Pioneer DVD 588A - Please help? Reply with quote

Mark Pierson wrote:
rmassey wrote:
Pioneer DV-563A DVD Player for URC9910.

When you selected the 15-1994 remote, did you happen to notice the error message *** Protocol Code cannot be calculated or is not available ***?

The 1994 uses a different version of the Pioneer DVD protocol. Select Pioneer DVD as the protocol, copy the new upgrade code over to IR, and try the upgrade again.

Excellent Mark, this works just fine now. thanks for the advise.
I did notice the error, just unfamiliar how to fix it. many thanks.
rmassey

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2005 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found the discrete on/off codes from posted Pio codes in the pronto section on Remotecentral.com

Discrete On EFC/OBC 031/186
Discrete Off EFC/OBC 035/187

I can't get Discrete On to work, (not sure why) but I can use the play button to do the same function in a macro.

Here is the Pronto codes from remote Central.
http://www.remotecentral.com/cgi-bin/files/rcfiles.cgi?area=pronto&db=discrete&br=pioneer&dv=dvdplayer&fc=
Wesley Hester

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2005 2:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for the imformation Mark Pierson and rmassey. I've updated the file in the Yahoo JP1 Group section. I wanted to add a seperate 588 file when I first got my player but couldn't - never thought to just change the name. I have it reading, "563 and 588" now with your information in the notes.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2005 7:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wesley Hester wrote:
I've updated the file in the Yahoo JP1 Group section.

I thought I had prevented people fromloading files into the Yahoo group, but f you were able to update your file, I obviously need to re-check the settings.

Just FYI, the file section at Yahoo is now redundant, the new file section is over here. And before you ask "where is it exactly" take a look at the links at the top of this page.
Wesley Hester

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2005 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Robman, I only was allowed to edit the existing file. I renamed it and upload a version with notes from this thread.

Thanks for the File Section link. I must be getting slower with age! Someone pointed it out to me last night and I am glad. I upload several other upgrades I've done over the past year in the hopes others can use them.
Also, thanks to you and others for porting over several of mine from the yahoo site.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search (Closed) All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: