JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

URC MX-850 alternatives

View previous topic :: View next topic  
prorange47

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 11:40 am    Post subject: URC MX-850 alternatives Reply with quote

I got help here before and got a 6131M for my TIVO. Got the cable but was happy enough with right out of the box usage. Just upgraded my system significantly, and need an opinion other then brick & mortar store.

I have:
Motorola 6412 HD cable box with dual tuner dvr from comcast
Panasonic th-42phd42uy Plasma monitor only but many inputs. It's great.
Denon AV-2105, all audio input and some video through here
Sony CD player, Toshiba DVD/VCR but may upgrade soon

Already hate the 3 device comcast remote, have to switch to aux to adjust sound then back to change channel. It does have a jack in the back behind the battery though!! Smile

Dealer recommends MX-850 with the MRF-300 repeater. I like using RF for A/V control without doors open. Like PC interface. But $400 for remote and $200 for the repeater is expensive. On-line advise can be priceless. Dealer started off talking $150 for the MX-350 and now we are at $600. Also alledges that the mrf-250 has problems with the comcast box.

Need easy system for kids and spouse.
gfb107
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why not just stick with the 6131m? With JP1 there isn't anything the MX-850 can do that the 6131M can't do, and you've already got the cable.

As far as RF goes, People seem to like this: http://www.surfremotecontrol.com/store/rlrx.html

There are also a number of IR/RF repeaters out there, like this one: http://www.surfremotecontrol.com/store/ir100a.html
There are also wired solutions like this or
The #1 Code Search FAQ and it's answer (PLEASE READ FIRST)
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Non-JP1 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: