JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

The original OneForAll 8?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pantaz

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2005 4:08 am    Post subject: The original OneForAll 8? Reply with quote

I bought this remote in 1996. It was my favorite for many years. I retired it only because I couldn't find out how to get it reprogrammed.

I kept it "just in case". Very Happy

There is no model identification, beyond the name "One For All 8", as printed on the unit and the User Guide. On the back cover of the User Guide is "Copyright 1994 by Universal Electronics Inc."

The circuit board doesn't offer much information, either.

Any comments?
Ellen

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2005 5:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got one of those too. I bought it way back in 1995 or so and it was my first One For All remote. It's somewhere around here in my remote collection. I don't use it any more but seeing your pic brought back fond memories Smile

I think there used to be some software floating around the net that used the serial interface in the remote. If memory serves, there are three holes in the thing that serve as the point of connection. If you google URC-6050 you should be able to find it.
Capn Trips
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2005 5:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It looks a lot like the URC-6050 as identified on Rob's photo page (fourth row down, 2nd unit in).

It does NOT, however, appear in either the Yahoo groups spreadsheet or the filebug.com spreadsheet that presumably lists ALL JP1-able remotes.

Rob also has a user manual posted, which may help you a bit (I don't know whether it goes farther than your user guide, and it certainly won't help to install upgrades that are not setup codes already present in the remote.)
Pantaz

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2005 5:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ellen wrote:
I think there used to be some software floating around the net that used the serial interface in the remote. If memory serves, there are three holes in the thing that serve as the point of connection. If you google URC-6050 you should be able to find it.

Yes, it does have three sockets:

I've searched, but have not yet found anything specific on upgrading the 6050.
Capn Trips
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2005 6:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pantaz wrote:
I've searched, but have not yet found anything specific on upgrading the 6050.

Well, a very quick Google search yielded THIS web site in Canada, tha appears to be partially defunct, but describes the IRDCw program for communicating with the 6050. A further search gets you THIS download site that has a version of the IRDC program.

I don't know where to find you a cable, however, nor even schematics for one, as every link addressing these specifics I stumbled upon was dead. Keep searching, you'll find something.
johnsfine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2005 6:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The three pins of the 6050 get connected to gnd, rx, and tx of the serial port in some sequence, with no extra components. I forget the sequence, but there are only 6 possible combinations and it won't be harmed by trying it wrong. So simply testing may be faster than searching the net if you've already downloaded the software.

I have a disassembled 6050 lying around somewhere. Maybe I can look at it tomorrow. It should be easy to see which is gnd by looking, so that cuts 6 combinations down to 2.
Mark Pierson
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2005 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This might help:

The accompanying discussion about the 3-pin serial interface can be found here.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: