JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Noobie question on ir.exe and devices tab

View previous topic :: View next topic  
n2deep

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2004 5:58 pm    Post subject: Noobie question on ir.exe and devices tab Reply with quote

I have a new scientic atlanta 8000HD system from time warner. It comes with an Atlas 5 device remote. It works the cable and dvr functionality perfectly. It turns the TV on/off (Philips). So far so good.

I also have a JVC th-m45 home theater (HT) and a system (audio, fm/am, dvd). I've found the code for the audio functions as well as the code for the DVD piece. When in Audio mode it turns the HT system on, changes volume but it doesn't work the transport keys. When in DVD mode, it doesn't turn the HT system on or off but the transport keys function. However, I cannot get all functions such as FM channel change, chapter function, etc to work at all.

No problem. I have the oem HT remote, a URC 8810 and a JP1 cable. So, I'll be able to get it all set up the way I want !!

I've downloaded IR.exe and all the rdf files. I've successfully downloaded the Atlas remote into IR and it recognized it as a UEI Atlas DVR/PVR 5-Device.

The general tab shows the 5 device keys:

TV.....TV..............1454
DVD..VCR/DVD....0623
CBL...Cable.........1877
AUD...CD/Audio...1374
AUX....VCR/DVD..0060

The Devices tab shows:

TV: ....1755..... Protocol ID: 65
TV: ....1756......Protocol ID: 5A
Cable: 0476......Protocol ID: C4
Cable: 1376......Protocol ID: C4

My specific question is this. What is the relationship between the devices the keys are assigned (5 keys, 5 devices, 5 codes) and the devices shown in the devices tab (4 devices, 2*TVs, 2*Cables). I'm really confused!

I've looked through the forum and the documentation and I'm not getting it (probably me...).

Thanks,
Steve
Herbie

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2004 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the answer is that there is NO relationship between them.

According to your General tab, you're not actually using any of the device codes that are in the Devices tab. The setup codes you're using appear to be in the ROM. (built-in).

The setup codes shown in the Devices tab are probably upgrades that are added for other applications, or in anticipation of their being needed elsewhere.
n2deep

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2004 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the reply Herbie.

So, I think I'm understanding that... Devices in the devices tab are additional devices outside of those in ROM that have been added, either by someone else or by me, that are now available to potentially be selected in the general tab.

Given I haven't added any on this remote, can I assume that these have been added by the supplier of the equipment? If they are not used or needed, can I safely delete these and reclaim the space to use for other devices I might want to add?

Steve
Scientific Atlanta 8000HD (dvr)
Philips HDTV
Mark Pierson
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2004 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

n2deep wrote:
Given I haven't added any on this remote, can I assume that these have been added by the supplier of the equipment?
Correct... that's typical of many remotes supplied by providers.

Quote:
If they are not used or needed, can I safely delete these and reclaim the space to use for other devices I might want to add?
Sure, but save a copy of the IR configuration first just in case... Wink
n2deep

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2004 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the advice Mark. I now have it saved and I'm off to experiment... Smile
Scientific Atlanta 8000HD (dvr)
Philips HDTV
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Beginners All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: