JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

8910 and TiVo protocol 0111

View previous topic :: View next topic  
gfb107
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2003 8:57 am    Post subject: 8910 and TiVo protocol 0111 Reply with quote

According to http://www.hifi-remote.com/cgi-bin2/ueic.cgi?PVR_0618 the URC-8910 supports EFCs for TiVo, so to me that means that it must have the new official version of 0111, not the old 2-byte version.

If this is true, the RDFs for the 8910/9910 are incorrect because they specify that these remotes have the 2byte version of protocol 0111.
To correct, simply remove the :2byte that follows 0111 in the [Protocols] section.
The #1 Code Search FAQ and it's answer (PLEASE READ FIRST)
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2003 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Both the Tivo and Replay protocol have been enhanced to be 1-byte protocols (after many years of nagging from me, I might add). I do believe that the 1-byte Tivo protocol was introduced with the URC-8910 and the 1-byte Replay protocol has yet to be pre-installed in a remote AFAIK.

If you recall, this was the reasoning behind the change in names for the Tivo protocols in KM. I didn't see any need for people with the newer remotes to be forced to add the hacked protocol when the one in their remotes was almost the same.
gfb107
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2003 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's why I asked the question. I don't want RM to tell 8910/9910 users that they need to install the new protocol when the builtin one will work just fine.

Nils, as keeper of the RDFs, please make this change to the 8910/9910 RDFs.
The #1 Code Search FAQ and it's answer (PLEASE READ FIRST)
Nils_Ekberg
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2003 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gfb107 wrote:
Nils, as keeper of the RDFs, please make this change to the 8910/9910 RDFs.

Ask and yee shall receive. I uploaded version 1.05 of RDF's for both RM only and RM and IR compliant versions to the jp1 files/tools section
Version 1.05 of RDF's

I also uploaded some Maps and Images to support a few changes in the RM only RDF's. Some clean up and new images plus I added the hex button codes to the 15-2116/2116 and 15-2104 maps.
[url=http://groups.yahoo.com/group/jp1-km/files/RM%20Images%20and%20maps/Updated(10-28-03)Maps-and-Images.zip]Updated RM Maps and Images[/url]

Greg, I am getting concerned that we have not released a new .release of RM in awhile so people do not have the latest images. I can add a full set to the tools section so people who want can do a full download. What do you think Question
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Software All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: