JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Sony Micro HI-FI Component System CMT-GPX6
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Localmotion

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2004 1:34 pm    Post subject: Sony Micro HI-FI Component System CMT-GPX6 Reply with quote

Hello to everyone. Very Happy Great work and info!

Finally got this to work. Took me a day to figure out just the basics. I have a RS 15-2117 w/JP1 cable. Uploaded through KM all the original remote buttons for my Vizio LCD 15 without using any memory...I hope.

Questions:

1) If in IR with the current Download and it says, "Learned" 1021 free does this mean that no Learned keys are present in the remote (see above)?

2) If so, then this is the efficient way to do things as I have Uploaded the Vizio reconfigurations to the remote!

3) I have a Sony Micro HI-FI Component System CMT-GPX6 that I wish to program through KM. I have searched and have not found the 4 digit code. Question is that when I "IR Learn" all the original remote buttons into the RS remote then download to IR, on the "Learned Signals" tab there are about 4 different "Protocols, Device and Sub-Device" i.e. Sony 12, Sony 16, Sony 20, each w/different "Devices and Sub-Devices" representing all the different buttons. How do I proceed? With the Vizio all the buttons were the same (NEC1 w/ Device 0) so it was easy.
Unless, it is just a matter of doing in KM all seperate spreedsheets for each button with different "Protocol, Device and Sub-Device" then Uploading each to the remote. Will be trying that now to see if that is what it entails.

Thanks,
Robert

Last edited by Localmotion on Sat Sep 04, 2004 1:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
johnsfine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2004 1:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Newbie question please? Reply with quote

Localmotion wrote:
Uploaded through KM all the original remote buttons for my Vizio LCD 15 without using any memory...I hope.

You used upgrade memory and probably some KeyMove/Macro memory.

Localmotion wrote:

1) If in IR with the current Download and it says, "Learned" 1021 free does this mean that no Learned keys are present in the remote (see above)?

Right.

Localmotion wrote:

2) If so, then this is the efficient way to do things as I have Uploaded the Vizio reconfigurations to the remote!

If you don't run out of upgrade memory or KeyMove memory then don't worry about being efficient.
Localmotion

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2004 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, johnsfine, What about question #3?

Robert
johnsfine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2004 1:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Newbie question please? Reply with quote

Localmotion wrote:
4 different "Protocols, Device and Sub-Device" i.e. Sony 12, Sony 16, Sony 20, each w/different "Devices and Sub-Devices" representing all the different buttons. How do I proceed?

If you have just Sony12, Sony15 and Sony20 there is a Sony Combo protocol for that. It handles those three protocols and any number of device numbers (limited to 4 subdevice numbers).

If you have some Sony8 in well learned signals, then you really have Sony DSP signals and need help from someone who knows Sony DSP better than I do (or look for preexisting upgrades).

If you have Sony16 (as you said) or anything other than the ones I described above, you may have bad learns or you may need to have an expert look at an eeprom dump containing your learned signals.
Localmotion

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2004 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Before I post or upload the EEPROM or anything else I will first try/experiment to get it to work.

Thanks again,
Robert
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2004 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it would be best if you load the EEPROM image here in the Diagnosis Area for one of us to look at, then we can best advise you how to proceed (and we can also clear up if that Sony16 reference was a typo).

Then, please read the thread that details how to post links to Yahoo files, and then post a link to the file once you have loaded it.
Localmotion

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2004 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will do as you suggest as I cannot get all the buttons to work. Gave it a shot at least Laughing Will do it tomorrow morning.

Will also load the text file for the Vizio L13 13" LCD TV (VINC) so others can use it...all the buttons seem to work.

Thanks,
Robert
Localmotion

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2004 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Redid the original to the RS remote and only Sony 12 and 20 now appears. So everything appears correct right? If this is so, when I select "Sony Combo 12/20" in KM "Sony 20 Main Dev" and "Sony 20 Sub-Dev" appears. What do I input into both these Categories?

From IR "Learned Signals":

Protocol=Sony 12 Device=16 Sub-Device=None for all keys associated.

Protocol=Sony 20 Device=26 Sub-Device=57

If the above is not correct then I will have to load the EEPROM for the experts to analyze.

Thanks,
Robert
johnsfine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2004 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Sony20 Main Dev is the "Device" from the decode (26). The Sony20 Sub-Dev is the "Sub-Device" from the decode (57).

There are good instructions for both the Sony 12/15/20 combo and the Sony 12/20 combo at the bottom of the keymap-master-protocols.txt file included with KM. Read that. It should answer the rest of what you need to know to build the upgrade.
Mark Pierson
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2004 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Localmotion wrote:
when I select "Sony Combo 12/20" in KM "Sony 20 Main Dev" and "Sony 20 Sub-Dev" appears. What do I input into both these Categories?

Protocol=Sony 12 Device=16 Sub-Device=None for all keys associated.

Protocol=Sony 20 Device=26 Sub-Device=57

The [Protocol Help] sheet also has those instructions.

On the Setup sheet, "Sony 20 Main Dev"=26, "Sony 20 Sub-Dev"=57. Then on the Functions sheet, enter the OBC's. In the byte2 column, if it's a Sony 12 command, enter the Sony 12 device (16); if it's a Sony 20 command, leave byte2 blank.
Localmotion

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2004 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, Mark that did it. Now all the buttons work! Laughing

Sorry, johnsfine.Sad Should have done that before proceeding/posting. I will read it.

This remote w/JP1 and everyone's contibutions is just what I desire!

Mahalo to everyone for the help and courtesy,
Robert
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2004 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why don't you know compare you list with the codes shown here:
http://www.hifi-remote.com/sony/Sony_cdcombo.htm

If you have found any codes that are not included in that list, I'm sure that Rob H (the guy who maintains that list) would like to know about them.

If you're in an experimental mood, you might want to give some of the other codes listed there a try as there's a good chance that at least some of them will work with your device. Even if the additional functions that you discover are not useful to you, it would be great if you could include them in your KM file so that the next person has the chance of using them.

Also, when creating the upgrade(s) that you will use, it might be a good idea to split this into several upgrades, rather than trying to cram everything into one upgrade. Even though it's one physical device, you should really think of it as several virtual devices (eg, CD player, tape player, tuner, etc). That way you can use PLAY (for example) to work the "CD player" when the remote's in CD mode, and to work the "tape player" when the remote's in TAPE mode.

You might also want to take a look at the following KM file to see if it's similar to what you need: Sony-MHC-MG310AV-SonyCombo.txt
Localmotion

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2004 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Already boookmarded that site awhile ago and have compared the codes. Will double check to see if I have any additional codes.

All the buttons on the oriiginal remote work in the RS remote so do not need any of his codes.

Quote:
it might be a good idea to split this into several upgrades, rather than trying to cram everything into one upgrade.

Thanks will do that. I did it with just one upgrade file with both the Sony CD and Vizio along with the 4 digit codes for my other devices and everything is working perfectly.

Thanks for the link to the KM file but after examining it, looks to be a different set of codes.

Going to try my Air Conditioner and Light/Fan remotes next then maybe Extender. Do not expect to be an expert on this just so that I am capable of doing what I desire.

Thnaks and Great site Rob,
Robert
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2004 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Localmotion wrote:
All the buttons on the oriiginal remote work in the RS remote so do not need any of his codes.

I understand that, but it would still be useful for us to know which additional functions are supported by your device. So, even though you don't have any personal need for these additional functions, you should still include them in your KM file (and then load it into the file section, of course) so that the next person has the option of using them.
Localmotion

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2004 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Then I did not understand. I will do as you suggest.

Going golfing so will do that later. But, I WILL!!

Robert
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Beginners All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: