JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Code/upgrade for Sharp 13VT-L100 TV/VCR combo
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search (Closed)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bowho

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 6:51 pm    Post subject: Code/upgrade for Sharp 13VT-L100 TV/VCR combo Reply with quote

I am in need of code for a Sharp 13" TV/VCR combo Model 13VT-L100 . Beings I don't have origional remote, I am hoping to program my RS 15-2116/2117 remote. I have tried all codes in the remote manual but none of them will operate the menu on TV making it impossible to set the time and adjust any features on this tv. The best I have got so far is basic functions such as Power,Volume and Channel using TV code 0688, VCR code 0048. TV/VCR combo code 0807 does not do any more then previous codes.

I have searched everywhere and can't find any files at all. Any help would be appreciated much.

Thanks
Mark Pierson
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 7:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Code/upgrade for Sharp 13VT-L100 TV/VCR combo Reply with quote

Bowho wrote:
I have tried all codes in the remote manual but none of them will operate the menu on TV making it impossible to set the time and adjust any features on this tv. The best I have got so far is basic functions such as Power,Volume and Channel using TV code 0688

The Menu button doesn't work, or does it do another function altogether?

I think TV/0093 is a similar codeset to TV/0688, and there's an Advanced Code list for it as well.
Bowho

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Menu button will bring up Menu guide with TV selected as device, but that is far as it will go. I can't scoll up or down ......and using VCR device doesn't even bring up the VCR menu.

Thanks again
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So what you're looking for are the EFCs for the arrow buttons, right? Just for fun, see if the VOL or CH buttons work as arrow buttons. CH+/- are often the up/down arrows and VOL+/- are often the left/right arrows.
Bowho

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have tried all buttons. After i get the menue up that is far as i can get. The arrow do nothing at all. The volume will turn tv up and down and the channel does nothing.....while menue is up.

Still hoping !
Bowho

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And even when menue is up and first selection is highlighted, I can't even enter that selection, by pushing enter or any buttons.
johnsfine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2004 7:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I scanned a lot of IR data for devices that use Sharp protocol device 1 (same as TV/0093 and TV/0688). They were split pretty evenly between two different sets of arrow keys.

About half had arrow keys using EFC numbers 079, 083, 078, and 080. Those match TV/0093 so I assume you already tried them.

Most of the rest had arrow keys using EFC numbers 098, 157, 158 and 242. Those don't match either TV/0093 or TV/0688 so I expect you haven't tried them yet.

I also found a couple that match TV/0688: arrow keys using EFC numbers 055, 057, 093, 226.
Bowho

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2004 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the info. I have not tried any of the advance codes as of yet. I have read and read help files over the past week. I have even made JP1 cable. However, I am still trying to figure out how to make upgrade codes using advance list and all the other stuff. The thing confusing me is everything seems to refer to older versions of software. If you can assist or guide me in anyway possible.....please do. I am a member at various forums for other types of hardware programing and always read over and over before posting for help. It just seems i am having trouble learning this as complete as I would love to, so I can give as well as receive.

And this TV/VCR is killing me......but don't give up easy.

Thanks
johnsfine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2004 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Testing an EFC number is easy with or without JP1.

Without JP1 you just program the setup code (TV/0093 and TV/0688 work identically for this purpose) to a device key, and select that device mode (press that device key) then test each EFC with:

1) Short press of the P key
2) Key in the first two digits of the EFC number
3) Aim the remote
4) Press and hold the third digit of the EFC while looking for effects.

The EFC numbers that I said matched the arrow keys of those two setup codes would just do exactly what those arrow keys do, so there is no point testing them as EFC numbers. The set that doesn't match the predefined arrow keys is worth testing.

You're right about our documentation mostly being based on older versions of our software. At some point someone should give you a little more advice on how to start creating an upgrade. But first I was trying to help you discover what should be in that upgrade.
johnsfine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2004 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BTW, EFC numbers won't work with a combo setup code such as VCR/0807. I think you indicated that the Menu command for your Combo device is a TV command, so I expect the arrow keys you want will also be TV.

I don't know why VCR/0807 has TV commands for the up and down arrows but VCR commands for left and right. But if issues like that apply to your device we'll discover that as we go along.

I assume the basic VCR commands (play, pause, rew, etc.) for your combo device will use a VCR command set (not in TV/0093 nor TV/0688). Did those commands work in VCR/0807?

Once you know all the commands you need, it may be easiest to create have two setup codes, one for TV and one for VCR. Or it may be better to create a combo setup code.
Bowho

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2004 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Using TV/0093 Buttons working are Chan +/- , Vol +/- , Arrow left/right = Volume, Arrow up/down = Channel, Mute, Last=recall, Info=Display, Menu= TV setup menu, Guide= TV setup menu. Using TV/0688 is similiar except Arrow buttons have no function at all as they do using 0093 code.

Also tested EFC numbers using code TV/0093 and "0668 was the same"

078=Chan/Up 079=Vol/Dn 080=Chan/Dn 083=Vol/Up 098=Nothing 157=Nothing 158=Picture Adjustment 242=Menu

As far as the VCR, I put in a tape and tried functions using code VCR/0048. Most fuctions worked...Play ,FF , Rewind, Stop, Pause and Menu=VCR setup menu although I had no control such as choosing selection with arrows or enter button.

Using VCR/0807 "combo code" Pretty much same functions as 0048. However, the Vol and Chan +/- buttons worked, but the menu button did nothing.

Seems there are ways of getting the setup/menu for TV and VCR up, just can't do anything with it. I can't scroll up/down or can't even select the first selection that is highlighted. Once you push menu and it appears on screen you just have to back out by pushing menu button again or in instance using VCR/0807 once menu pops up pushing it again doesn't make it disappear.

Again, thanks for the help.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2004 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You didn't try the EFCs that John posted from the 0668 code:
055, 057, 093, 226
Bowho

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 7:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My apology......yes I did tried EFC's 055, 057, 093, 226 from the 0668 code. Neither one of those codes seem to do any type of function.

However, lastnight i learned a few things. I accidentally found out that using code VCR/0807 the arrows left/right would work with the menu. But you have to use code TV/0093 to bring up the TV setup/menu then select VCR device code VCR/0807 and use arrow and enter buttons.

The bad thing is to get the VCR setup/menu you have use code VCR/0048, then bring up the menu.......then while menu is up, you have to change VCR device code to 0807 then use the arrow and enter buttons.

So I am guessing that if I could implement the menu code from TV/0093 and menu code from VCR/0048 into the VCR/00807 code that would be nice......beings that the VCR/0807 code does work volume and channel buttons to TV as well as VCR functions and it is a VCR/TV combo code.

I used another remote lastnight and learned those addional codes into the code 0807 and now it seems i can operate all fuctions from the VCR/0807 code. I down loaded remote with IR and got info for the two learned commands.

Now what ?.......lol.

John is fine and Rob is the man !

Thanks
johnsfine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 7:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It sounds like you're close to figuring it all out.

In VCR/0807 some keys are Sharp device 1, others are Sharp device 3. The left and right keys are Sharp device 3 and would be EFC numbers 086 and 088 in a setup code (such as VCR/0048) that is purely Sharp device 3. (EFC numbers don't work in a setup code that combines two Sharp devices).

We can tell you how to create a new upgrade in KM or RM to combine these two Sharp devices. In KM you use a "Denon Combo" protocol to combine Sharp devices, but I need to check some details before I could tell you exactly how.

Even though a combo protocol can't directly use EFC numbers, KM or RM know how to EFC numbers when creating a combo upgrade. So you can use the EFC numbers we've already identified when building that upgrade.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 7:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you make a clear concise list that shows each setup code and which buttons perform what functions, one of us can probably create a "mix n match" upgrade for you.

Do you want everything in one upgrade, or do you want seperate upgrades for the TV and VCR functions?
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search (Closed) All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: