JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

SCAN/FAV missing in the 15-2107
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
15-1994

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2004 12:46 pm    Post subject: SCAN/FAV missing in the 15-2107 Reply with quote

Rob,

Can you please add/change the RDF for the 15-2107 [8-in-One Touch Remote]; at this moment it only shows the button FAV_+100=$1F, but it doesn't show the one for the SCAN/FAV [Hard Button].

Thank you very much ...

Felipe
15-1994

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2004 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also forgot to mention that the same SCAN/FAV is missing in the KM 8.25

Felipe
Mark Pierson
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2004 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

15-1994 wrote:
the same SCAN/FAV is missing in the KM 8.25

If it isn't (wasn't) in the RDF, that's why it didn't make it into KM. Wink

Is that button able to accept key moves (I don't think it's part of any key map)? IIRC, it only is used to invoke the remotes built-in SCAN function, but I'm not familiar enough with the 2107 to be sure.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2004 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What's the keycode for this button? To find out, program a fav/scan macro and see what shows up in IR.

Mark, if it's like all the other FAV/SCAN buttons, you can't program it with a keymove or learning, but you should be able to use the FAV/SCAN special protocol with it (and KM's built in version of it).
15-1994

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rob said
Quote:
To find out, program a fav/scan macro and see what shows up in IR.

This might be a very stupid question, but how can I program a Macro in that button. I know that in other remotes base on the S3C80, and S3C80+, the only way to use that button is through an extender, a special protocol, and by a key move on the KM 8.XX.

Can this be done manually?

Thanks...

Felipe
johnsfine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hopefully Rob meant program a macro onto another key, with that macro consisting of a use of the fav/scan key.

I assume you can't program a macro onto the fav/scan key, but probably you can include that key in a macro on another key.
15-1994

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

johnsfine said
Quote:
but probably you can include that key in a macro on another key

But how can I get the this information into the KM 8.26 to do a key move of another code in the SCAN/FAV key ?
15-1994

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was playing with KM, and I noticed that when trying to make an upgrade code of a jvc dvd for a 15-1994, by using the Device Combiner insted of the JVC Protocol; I'm able to make a key move to the SCAN/FAV on the KM. It would be very nice if Mark Pierson can help with these chances.

Thanks in advance

Felipe
mr_d_p_gumby
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

15-1994 wrote:
I was playing with KM, and I noticed that when trying to make an upgrade code of a jvc dvd for a 15-1994, by using the Device Combiner insted of the JVC Protocol; I'm able to make a key move to the SCAN/FAV on the KM.
That's because the Device Combiner protocol has a patch that overcomes the Fav/Scan limitations imposed by the remote. Certain other "hacked" protocols in KM also have the patch. Except in these special cases, you won't be allowed to assign a keymove to the Fav/Scan button. Even if it did let you do it, it wouldn't work because the keymove would be ignored by the remote anyway. (This all assumes that KM is correct in thinking the remote really does have special Fav/Scan processing built-in.)
Mark Pierson
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mr_d_p_gumby wrote:
This all assumes that KM is correct in thinking the remote really does have special Fav/Scan processing built-in.

According to the 15-2107 manual, the FAV/SCAN hard button is used for the remotes built-in scan function, referred to as Channel Scan and Favorite Channel Scan (page 37).
15-1994

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mark Pierson wrote:

Quote:
According to the 15-2107 manual, the FAV/SCAN hard button is used for the remotes built-in scan function, referred to as Channel Scan and Favorite Channel Scan (page 37).

I understand how the FAV/SACAN supposed to work, but what I'm trying to do is to assigned a simple comand to that key that would make it work like a regular button (that it would not keep on sending a signal). I was able to do that with the 15-1994 by using the Device Combiner. I even try many diferent combinations (diferent upgrades using NEC1, JVC, and SONY protocols), and every single one work fine. Some times I use only one protocol in the Device Combiner (i.e. only the NEC1) but some other times I used 2 or 3 diferent protocols, and all of them work (my equipment respond the way I want it to work).
Mark Pierson
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

15-1994 wrote:
what I'm trying to do is to assigned a simple comand to that key that would make it work like a regular button (that it would not keep on sending a signal)

To even see if that's possible, we need to know the key code for FAV/SCAN. As johnsfine said
Quote:
probably you can include that key in a macro on another key

Try creating a macro (page 28 of the manual) on another button (using the remote, not IR) that includes the FAV/SCAN button. Then download the remote to IR and see what the FAV/SCAN key code is.
mr_d_p_gumby
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2004 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

15-1994 wrote:
I understand how the FAV/SACAN supposed to work, but what I'm trying to do is to assigned a simple comand to that key that would make it work like a regular button (that it would not keep on sending a signal).
Then we assume you would know that you cannot assign a simple command (in an upgrade) to it. If you managed somehow to get it stored in the EEPROM, the remote would ignore it and continue to do what it always does with the Fav/Scan button.
15-1994 wrote:
I was able to do that with the 15-1994 by using the Device Combiner.
And, once again, this ONLY works because Rob Crowe wrote a patch that is part of the Device Combiner itself. The patch manages to trick the remote into skipping the special Fav/Scan process. If you watch the upgrade protocol bytes carefully, you'll see several extra bytes appear when you assign a function to the Fav/Scan button.

It does not matter which protocols or how many protocols you install in Device Combiner. It is certainly valid to use Device Combiner for this purpose, since it is one of the few ways to use the Fav/scan button as a normal button (short of using an extender), as long as you don't need a solution that uses a two-byte protocol.
Mark Pierson wrote:
To even see if that's possible, we need to know the key code for FAV/SCAN.
The Fav/Scan keycode is $03. It's been in the RDF all along (though labelled as "SCAN"). KM has the "FAV_+100" ($1F) button in the Fav/Scan slot.
15-1994

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2004 3:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mr_d_p_gumby wrote:

Quote:
The Fav/Scan keycode is $03. It's been in the RDF all along (though labelled as "SCAN"). KM has the "FAV_+100" ($1F) button in the Fav/Scan slot.

The "FAV_+100" ($1F) from the KM refers to the SOFT KEY on this remote(that is between the "last key" and the "0 key"), and it works like any other key, but I believe the hard key FAV/SCAN is not there; and I assume the "SCAN" from the RDF refers to the same soft key.

Felipe
Mark Pierson
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2004 7:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mr_d_p_gumby wrote:

Nice catch, Mike! Surprised

15-1994 wrote:
KM refers to the SOFT KEY... but I believe the hard key FAV/SCAN is not there

Correct, the $03 SCAN button is NOT (currently) in KM.

Quote:
I assume the "SCAN" from the RDF refers to the same soft key

With 2 different key codes, I don't think those buttons refer to the same physical position.

You really need to try and program a macro that contains the hard SCAN button (must be done on the remote). This should at least confirm the key code.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: