JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

XBOX button mapping
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
zigger

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2004 7:56 pm    Post subject: XBOX button mapping Reply with quote

I use the DVD 0522 in my Cinema 7 to control my xbox and it works great for the most part. Trouble is I'm trying to find out exactly how the 0522 device maps buttons to my remote.

I found the devices4 spreadsheet but DVD isn't a category. The specific buttons I'm looking for are: Title, Info, Menu and Back

Is there another spreadsheet that can help me out? Thanks!
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2004 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What's your end goal here? Why not simply load the xbox upgrade into your remote and map out the buttons exactly how you want them?
zigger

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2004 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My end goal is to be able to control the media player application that runs on the xbox. I'm not able to move around using the cinema7 as I can with the Xbox remote. My main button I'm missing is the "Back" button.

I'd like not to add a device so I can save device memory. If I can't get a button map of the 0533 DVD then I guess that's what I'll have to do.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2004 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you have plans to add 20 or 30 upgrades in the future, keeping in mind that this is just a 7 device remote? Because there's enough upgrade memory for about that amount.

On the other hand, the learning and keymove memory is quite limited. You can only learn between 20 and 30 buttons total, across all 7 device modes, and you can program up to about 45 keymoves, less if you also have macros.

Bottom line, you're going about this in the wrong way, but what they hey, if that's what you wanna do, go for it.

To program in the missing buttons, either learn them from your Xbox remote, or program them using keymoves. If the advanced codes that you need are not listed under DVD/0522 on my site, take a look at the upgrade file for the Xbox as I'm sure they're listed in there.
zigger

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2004 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rob,

Thanks for the suggestion. I just made my own xbox upgrade from scratch and solved the problem that way.

The reason I had to make it from scratch was that the three files that are in the yahoo files area didn't have the Back or Title buttons listed! I'm not sure why. Anyhow, I'm all good now.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2004 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In that case, be sure to load your upgrade up there for the next person that needs it.
zigger

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2004 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

done.
Mark Pierson
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2004 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FYI, both those functions (and many more) are listed in the DVD/0522 (the official Box setup code) Advanced Code list.
zigger

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2004 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the information. What I was actually searching for was how the functions were specifically mapped to my Cinema 7 remote. Haven't found that yet.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2004 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

But surely you can figure that out just by trying the buttons? Or am I missing something?
zigger

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2004 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought I pushed every button several times and it didn't happen for me. Anyhow, I don't want to waste anyone's time anymore on this thread. I was simply looking for a way to find out how known devices' buttons are mapped to specific remotes. It appears there isn't any documentation on it. No biggy.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2004 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You do understand that when they create a setup code, they don't include every single button from the original remote, they just include the ones that they think make sense with the limited buttons available on the universal remote in question. That's why remotes like the URC-7800 have 4 learning buttons, so you can replace the missing buttons.
zigger

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2004 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yup. That makes sense to me. What I wanted was a list of what codes they chose to include with my Cinema7 for each device and how they mapped them. It would still be interesting to find a spreadsheet that shows you how all the built in keys are mapped.
johnsfine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2004 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Devices4 has that info for the 15-1994, which includes most of the same setup codes as the URC-7800, including DVD/0522.

But the 15-1994 doesn't divide the device types the same way as the 7800. In a 15-1994 VCR, DVD, Tape, LD, DAT, and PVR are all the same device type.
mr_d_p_gumby
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2004 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

zigger wrote:
What I wanted was a list of what codes they chose to include with my Cinema7 for each device and how they mapped them. It would still be interesting to find a spreadsheet that shows you how all the built in keys are mapped.
If you had another learning remote, this would be a simple matter. You could learn each of the keys on your Cinema 7 and find out what codes each is transmitting.

Just to put this to rest for DVD/0522, here's a list of EFCs it has in the factory setup code:

POWER=099,
0=147, 1=139, 2=163, 3=155, 4=115,
5=107, 6=131, 7=123, 8=211, 9=203,
Ch+=019, Ch-=035,
MENU=082, GUIDE=129, EXIT=002,
UP=200, DOWN=208, LEFT=128, RIGHT=120,
SEL=109, PIP ON/OFF=014, PIP MOVE=121,
PLAY=106, PAUSE=202, REW=170, FF=178, STOP=186
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: