JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

How do I disable FAV/SCAN button on 15-2117?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Filebug
JP1 Vendor

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2004 5:31 pm    Post subject: How do I disable FAV/SCAN button on 15-2117? Reply with quote

I built a protocol for my TV and the FAV/SCAN button is grayed out so I can not assign anything to it. All I want to do is disable it because I hate hitting it by mistake and the tv going nuts scanning the channels. Thanks!
Mark Pierson
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2004 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the only way is to use the extender which treats it like a normal button.
johnsfine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2004 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are several of what were (maybe still are) called "hacked" protocols, that intercept the first command given by the remote as it starts the Fav/Scan operation and turn off the Fav/Scan operation and issue a selected command.

Maybe you have the choice in a KM upgrade to use one of those. There also used to be special protocols for doing that same job. Rob is the expert on those ways of dealing with Fav/Scan.

Of course the extender is the easier way, so all that is just in case you really don't want the extender.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2004 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If FAV/SCAN is greyed out in KM, that tells me that you're not using one of our hacked protocols, so other than going with the extender, your other option is to use the FAV/SCAN special protocol. You'll have the added bonus of being actually able to program this button to do something useful.
Filebug
JP1 Vendor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2004 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks everyone - I used the extender and was able to disable this button. It is just for a small tv in the kids room that I wanted to control the replaytv that is n another room. My daughter got a real kick out of the remote when I was able to use the extender to program her name to display when the mode is set to tv.

On a side note, I was impressed to see that I was able to splice rca conectors onto the ends of about 100' of cat5 cable (pre-existing in my walls), plug one end into the replaytv and the other into the tv and it worked perfectly. I even used one pair of wires for a phone line.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: