JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

MACRO's

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
broderp

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2004 3:41 pm    Post subject: MACRO's Reply with quote

Can a JP1 Remote be made to do a simple macro, (can I combine several commands to be outputed in order?)

I have a URC-6131, and would like to switch my tv between 16x9 mode and 4:3 mode.

UNLESS there is a descreet command for this available?(I can't find anything).

My set is a SONY KP53HS10 I believe. (4:3 with a 16x9 "squeeze mode").
gfb107
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2004 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes. See the Macros tab in IR.
The #1 Code Search FAQ and it's answer (PLEASE READ FIRST)
broderp

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2004 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CAll me an idiot, I see the macro tab, but cant seem to figure out the process.

I know Bound key is the key I want assigned my macro.

Now what does MACRO DEFINITION mean?
How does the MACRO know that I want the TV volume vs say the AUX volume?

OK, I created my macro, but how do I have it use the codes for my TV ONLY (while in PVR MODE) instead of what ever mode I'm in? To run the macro correctly, I have to switch to the TV (to use it's commands) then switch back to PVR.

OK...I added "TV" first, so it switched to the TV, executed my macro, but how do I go back to the previous mode automatically? I need this to work in three modes, TV, PVR and DVD.

Last edited by broderp on Thu Jul 29, 2004 8:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
gfb107
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2004 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Include a device selection key in your macro.
gfb107
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2004 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Volume keys aren't a very good example, 'cause you would usually use VPT (Volumne Punch Through) or keymoves to remap your PVR volume keys to control your TV volume.

More interesting is setting up a macro that would switch the TV to the correct input for your PVR and then leave the remote in PVR mode.
broderp

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2004 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gfb107 wrote:
Include a device selection key in your macro.

OK...I added "TV" first, so it switched to the TV, executed my macro, but how do I go back to the previous mode automatically? I need this to work in three modes, TV, PVR and DVD.
Question
gfb107
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2004 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please let us know specifically what you are trying to accomplish, 'cause I think you are going at this in the wrong way.
broderp

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2004 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gfb107 wrote:
Please let us know what you are trying to accomplish, 'cause I think you are going at this in the wrong way.

My TV has a HD mode (16x9), that has to be MANUALLY selected via the TV remote. To select 16x9 mode or 4x3, I have to fish my way thru the menu of the TV using the remote. (A series of UP and RIGHT presses of the joystick as well as a few menu presses.) The exact sequence is:

MENU
UP
RIGHT
UP
UP
RIGHT
UP
MENU

There is no "one button" to press to do this.

My issue is this. I created this macro of steps, but it will execute the commands associated with the current DEVICE selected. So if I'm using the DVD device, it will execute the DVD codes for menu and so on. I need it to go and use the TV codes.

I added the DEVICE "TV" to the top of the list. This works, and switches to the TV mode then executes the steps from the TV device, bt I need it to RETURN me to the prior mode. The problem is it needs to be available in DVD,TV and PVR modes at least, so I can't just add a single device to the end of the macro.
gfb107
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2004 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The easiest way to get this done is to install the 6131 extender. Among other things, the extender has temporary device selection virtual keys. See http://groups.yahoo.com/group/jp1/files/Extenders/URC-6131/6131ex1.zip

I personally use the 6131 extender. I use it 'cause it allows macros on the device keys, so I can use the device keys to set my TV and Receiver to the appropriate inputs. I also get faster executing macros, and the LKP (Long Key Press), Pause, and DSM (Device Specific Macro) protocols are all included.
broderp

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2004 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

THANKS! Smile

Sounds just like what I need. I was hopong to be able to use th eTV device button anyways for this!

I'm new to this, and don't want to mess up what i have loaded on my remote, I may have to post some questions!

Thanks again.
gfb107
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2004 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We're here to help.

Just remember that if you save the config you have now, y ou can always get back to it.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2004 7:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just FYI, in case there's anyone else in a similar situation and there isn't an extender available for their remote, another way to get macros to go back to the original device mode is to use DSMs (Device Specific Macros).
jon_armstrong
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2004 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you tried the discrete commands for wide and normal found on Rob Humphries excellent Sony site under TV's device 164. They don't work in all Sony TV's but do in some models. Here is hRob H.'s note:

I have discovered on Remote Central that the Normal and Wide discrete HD mode codes do work on at least some U.S. models. If one of them works you can use macros to get the others. I still don’t know if all HDTVs can use these codes or whether the others are on some U.S. HDTVs.

Also note that command 61 will not toggle the “16:9 Enhanced” mode on Sony WEGA non-HDTVs for the U.S., unfortunately, since this is a much requested feature. This function (as of now) can only be done by stepping through the menu, and many people are forced to use a long and frequently unreliable macro. It does work in equivalent European TVs, from what I’ve heard

There are three commands there that that look interesting:
For setup code TV/0000
OBC EFC
049 038 Normal
061 167 Wide, Format, aspect 16:9
066 024 Wide

You can read Rob H.'s explanation on how to use the commands posted but I already figured out the EFC's for you. I still recommend the extender, this may save some steps if it works, but unfortunately no guarantee Smile
broderp

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2004 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jon_armstrong wrote:
Have you tried the discrete commands for wide and normal found on Rob Humphries excellent Sony site under TV's device 164. They don't work in all Sony TV's but do in some models. Here is hRob H.'s note:

I have discovered on Remote Central that the Normal and Wide discrete HD mode codes do work on at least some U.S. models. If one of them works you can use macros to get the others. I still don’t know if all HDTVs can use these codes or whether the others are on some U.S. HDTVs.

Also note that command 61 will not toggle the “16:9 Enhanced” mode on Sony WEGA non-HDTVs for the U.S., unfortunately, since this is a much requested feature. This function (as of now) can only be done by stepping through the menu, and many people are forced to use a long and frequently unreliable macro. It does work in equivalent European TVs, from what I’ve heard

There are three commands there that that look interesting:
For setup code TV/0000
OBC EFC
049 038 Normal
061 167 Wide, Format, aspect 16:9
066 024 Wide

You can read Rob H.'s explanation on how to use the commands posted but I already figured out the EFC's for you. I still recommend the extender, this may save some steps if it works, but unfortunately no guarantee Smile

This looks promising, but I must admit I feel a bit LOST with all this stuff. Not knowing the language of JP1 doesn't help either.

What does OBC and EFC mean? I do indeed use code 0000 for my Sony TV, so how do I enter the three codes using IR.EXE?

I think I better back up and repost a more generalized question on this.

Thanks.
johnsfine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2004 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

broderp wrote:

What does OBC and EFC mean?

The OBC is the actual command number encoded in the IR signal. The EFC number is an (intentionally confusing) number that an OFA remote uses in order to create the signal.

If you're building an upgrade with KM or RM, there are advantages to using OBC, but you can use EFC. If you look up Sony commands on RHM's web pages it tells you OBC, not EFC. If you use MakeHex or similar programs to create a command for any non UEI remote then EFC is meaningless and you must use OBC.

But on the remote itself, or in IR.EXE, you can't use the OBC, so to define a KeyMove for one of those commands you must use EFC.

broderp wrote:

I do indeed use code 0000 for my Sony TV, so how do I enter the three codes using IR.EXE?

In the KeyMoves tab in IR.EXE you can select add and then provide several pieces of information:

The bound device and key specify which button you will use to send the signal.

The setup code TV/0000 may be entered directly, or you can select a device key for IR to copy TV/0000 from.

The EFC number that Jon gave you should be typed in where indicated.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: