JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

URC-8060 Extender 1
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mamboman

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, no, the extender is not working. As mentioned whenever I press the TV button followed by Power from that time on my remote reboots.

So: I lost a function (cannot power my TV anymore, because that button now reboots my remote...), but none of the extender features work (like i.e. selecting the SAT default screen 2 instead of 0,...)
Sure, I can control devices I select or add new ones, but only the basic features that I can do without the extender anyway.
All the advanced features do not work.
Any idea? Does your remote reboot also each time you enable the extender? And after successfully enabling it - do you re-gain access to the standard TV-POWER function again to power on/off your TV?
Capn Trips
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now, are you saying that from the time you install the extender, EVERY time you press "Power" in TV mode it "reboots"? If so, then something is definitely wrong. It SHOULD do so the FIRST time you do that after uploading to the remote, but not thereafter.

I'm not sure that you mean by "reboots", but some sort of "reset" display is pretty normal when you activate an extender. Most extenders, when activated, cause the remote to indicate some form of reset (non-lcd remotes have 4 blinks of the LED, LCD remotes have the entire LCD panel illuminate briefly, followed by an indication of "SUCCESS").

Remotes: OFA XSight Touch, AR XSight Touch
TVs: LG 65" Smart LED TV; Samsung QN850BF Series - 8K UHD Neo QLED LCD TV
RCVR: Onkyo TX-SR875; Integra DTR 40.3
DVD/VCR: Pioneer DV-400VK (multi-region DVD), Sony BDP-S350 (Blu-ray), Toshiba HD-A3 (HD-DVD), Panasonic AG-W1 (Multi-system VCR);
Laserdisc: Pioneer CLD-D704.
Amazon Firestick
tape deck: Pioneer CT 1380WR (double cassette deck)
(But I still have to get up for my beer)
mamboman

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's really like I said. Everytime from that time on I press TV followed by POWER the remote indicates this with the transmitter display in the upper left corner, darkens, illuminates all keys then for ~7 seconds, then darkens again - this is what I describe as "reboot" here - to me it looks like it resets.
Thus I cannot get back to the normal behaviour of the Power button in TV mode Sad
And the extender is not working as well.
But the basic functions do.
Capn Trips
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

While waiting for Nils to jump back in, I'm just sort of thinking out loud.

Did you modify your remote yourself? or do you use a pogo adapter? Might there be a hardware problem?

If you soldered in a 6-pin, is there a chance that you have two points shorted that ought not be shorted? or partially shorted? although I can't really imagine how that would give you your symptoms, JP1 is a strange world.

Remotes: OFA XSight Touch, AR XSight Touch
TVs: LG 65" Smart LED TV; Samsung QN850BF Series - 8K UHD Neo QLED LCD TV
RCVR: Onkyo TX-SR875; Integra DTR 40.3
DVD/VCR: Pioneer DV-400VK (multi-region DVD), Sony BDP-S350 (Blu-ray), Toshiba HD-A3 (HD-DVD), Panasonic AG-W1 (Multi-system VCR);
Laserdisc: Pioneer CLD-D704.
Amazon Firestick
tape deck: Pioneer CT 1380WR (double cassette deck)
(But I still have to get up for my beer)
Nils_Ekberg
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am at a loss here and nothing is jumping out at me. I am going under the basic assumption you can load an upgrade from IR to the remote for the unextended remote and it works fine. Correct?

If you are able to load the ir file from the extender zip file and have a problem then all I can think of is that you have a later version. Take a look inside the battery box and tell me any numbers and codes that are there so I can get a base level on the version.
Nils_Ekberg
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let me try to lay out what you SHOULD be seeing so we have a base to start from.

1) Open URC8060 Extender 1.IR. or .TXT from the zip file in the IR program. Do not make any modifications in IR.
2) Go to the Macro tab and you should see 6 macros with a set of P_, M_ etc for each.
3) Connect your cable to the PC and remote
4) Click on "Upload to remote" button
5) The remote should go dark for a few seconds until control comes back to the PC and the red light in the lower left of IR blinks
6) Now the remote should be all lit up like normal
7) remove cable from remote
8) Press and release TV then press and release Power and the remote will stay lit and the LED on the upper left of the remote should blink a few time.
9) The extender should be activated.
Spooky77

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@Nils_Eckberg

I think, mamboman has the same issues like me. I will wait for your update of extender, or should it really are a user mistake?

Spooky
Mirko

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have same problems with my URC-8060 kameleon as mamboman and Spooky77. I can't activate extender correctly and it could try activate as many time as I press tv-and power combination.

My remote is european version and have this information inside:
URC-11-8060-B01
J 02 48 03
18060-003-0010
REV:01

Without extender it's working fine like i can Upload and Download to remote through JP1 cable with no problem.

Mirko

PS. I am from Finland, so my english is not so good.
mamboman

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 5:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi all,

Sorry that I did not answer for a long time, but as I did not get any email "triggers" from this forum, I just thought nobody has answered.

Seeing now that there were some more guys having exactly the same problem I opened my remote today and saw some info almost equivalent to what Mirko just stated.

The remote is a european version and has this info close to the batteries:
URC-11-8060-B01
J 02 42 03

on a white sticker.

My remote is perfectly programmable via IR.exe - as long as I do not use the extender. I also created some device infos via RemoteMaster, entered them in IR.exe and uploaded it to the remote. Fine.
But: all this only with the generic URC 8060 "template".

Once I make use of the (even completely unmodified) extender, upload it to the remote and try to activate it, the remote reboots.

So what I can say is:
- Cable works fine
- IR.exe works fine
- RemoteMaster works fine
- Remote works fine (based on the normal template)
-> Extender seems not to work with European types of the URC-8060?

@Nils: are you still active in this forum? Do you know something new about this case?

Some more info: Yesterday I had a friend here with a URC-9960. We loaded the special extender for that specific remote and fooled a bit with it (Long Key Presses and so on). That one worked fine!
So it must really be something with the european or B01-version of the URC8060.

@All:
Any updates highly appreciated! I still love the 8060 and would not see any need to buy another one Smile
mamboman

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 5:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello??? Is this thread still active?
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Extenders All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Page 8 of 8

Jump to: