JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

15-1934: Recovering from MEM FAULT error?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jchiso

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 8:52 pm    Post subject: 15-1934: Recovering from MEM FAULT error? Reply with quote

I've experienced numerous failures in updating an RS 15-1934. It's one of the old LCD models. I've tried the manuals posted here to execute an MFR RESET, but it does not seem to work. Do I have any hope of getting this thing to work again?
eferz
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 9:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Recovering from MEM FAULT error? Reply with quote

jchiso wrote:
I've experienced numerous failures in updating an RS 15-1934. It's one of the old LCD models. I've tried the manuals posted here to execute an MFR RESET, but it does not seem to work. Do I have any hope of getting this thing to work again?

Have you tried replacing the batteries? The IR blasters does not take much power, but the JP1 interface needs a lot of juice for stability. It's sort of like a flux capacitor which needs 1.21 gigawatts of electricity or a fresh set of batteries. You know, whichever is most accessible.
jchiso

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, the batteries are new, so I hope they're fresh. If I go through the reset procedures it behaves appropriately, but it does not seem to fix anything.
3FG
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stop me if you've heard this before........ Very Happy

"Doesn't work" doesn't help us to recognize the problem or give advice.
What is the issue? Manually resetting the remote leaves it in an un-reset state? Can't upload to the remote at all? Upgrades don't send useful IR signals? Our tools don't recognize the remote?

I don't know if we can help, but we really do need more to go on.
eferz
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe the remote needs some job counseling. Seeking employment in this recession is a difficult task for even the most advance remotes. It is possible that its standards are a bit too high, and needs to lower its expectations a little with the sheer numbers in competition for the available position(s). Oh, wait... what were we talking about again?
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 6:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You did a manufacturer's reset and MEM Fault is still displayed?
If that is the case, make sure to try fresh batteries.

If you were able to temporarily clear the MEM fault,
Did you start from a fresh download and try to rebuild your file?

If that didn't work,

have you changed anything such as the RDF's, software since the last time you were able to upload.

Are you using RMIR or IR?

what version of the software

What type of interface are you using?
If you are using a "simple" interface that attaches to the parallel port have you tried the battery tricks?

Post your files and let us take a look.
jchiso

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For the record, I'm using a simple interface (parallel), with IR (8.03) and RemoteMaster, but I did not mention those items because the problems are independent of software or connectivity. If I remove and replace the batteries the "MEM FAULT" indicator is displayed; this is whether the remote is connected or not. I noticed there appears to be some battery crud on one of the posts and springs, so I will attempt to disassemble the unit and clean up or replace the spring.

Unfortunately, I cannot determine when I last updated this remote, since I cannot find a saved configuration. It was some time earlier this year, but I may have performed the update on one of four computers; two of which are no longer in use. I was just hoping to overcome this fault problem and was perfectly willing to start from scratch in programming this unit.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 11:48 am    Post subject: Re: 15-1934: Recovering from MEM FAULT error? Reply with quote

jchiso wrote:
I've tried the manuals posted here to execute an MFR RESET, but it does not seem to work.

Can you confirm that these are the steps that you followed:
http://www.hifi-remote.com/manuals/p8/rs.shtml?15-1934#service-ul
http://www.hifi-remote.com/manuals/p8/rs.shtml?15-1934#service-rs

When you say they "didn't work", does that mean you didn't get a good response when you tried the steps (and if so, which step gave you a bad response and what was the bad response) or does that mean that the reset worked but it didn't clear up the MEM FAULT error?

If the reset steps worked, which code did you use in step 6 of the "Unlock the Service Menu" process? (ie, 972, 971 or 961).
jchiso

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I followed the steps listed. By "did'nt work", I mean it did not clear the MEM FAULT condition. I initially used the 961 code, but later tried 971 and 972, but they both displayed "not found" messages.
jchiso

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I've been able to get past the "MEM FAULT" error. It seems that there must have been an error in a device upgrade when I performed a sync earlier, because the Remote Master device upgrade does not seem to work. I tried to build a device upgrade file on two different PCs and got the same error: a long dialog filled with java errors. It seems that there is something wrong with the 15-1934 map. I'm attempting to use RMIR v2.00.

RDFs loaded from E:\jp1\RDF
Images and Maps loaded from E:\jp1\RemoteMaster\maps_images
DecodeIR version 2.41
Interfaces:
JP1 Parallel version 0.02
JP1.X Serial version 0.18
JP1 USB version 0.03
System Properties:
java.version = "1.6.0_26"
java.vendor = "Sun Microsystems Inc."
os.name = "Windows 7"
os.arch = "x86"

I realize there are not many folks still using an old model such as this, but can anyone successfully create a device upgrade using the current device map and image for this remote?
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is a problem with the RDF. There needs to be a blank line before the [Protocols] Section.

That will fix the exception list in RM and the error message in IR.

Tip: When creating an upgrade, always include ALL functions from the oem remote, even if you never plan on assigning them to a button. Complete function lists makes an upgrade more helpful to others.
jchiso

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vickyg2003 wrote:
There is a problem with the RDF. There needs to be a blank line before the [Protocols] Section.

That will fix the exception list in RM and the error message in IR.

You are correct. I should be able to create the updates now. Thanks for the help.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Beginners All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: